Poll

What would you do if your stats were wiped?

Quit playing BF233%33% - 100
Start over again, from scratch (legitly)39%39% - 120
Start over again, from scratch (padding)26%26% - 81
Total: 301
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6734|Sweden
i would probably lock myself up in my apartment, throw away the key and never speak to anybody again the shame would kill me
banksd1983
APC whore
+20|6689
start over and have much better stats and more fun getting the badges once again

after a while nothing to aim for except a new rank gets boring
Snorkelfarsan
Soup Boy
+32|6630|Stockholm, Sweden
Starting over is not too fun, ofcourse. You loose all the medals and badges youve earned.  Those most painfull to loose are probably the once you earn by playing a special amount of hours.

however, it could also be fun. Starting over alla again, be able to make your stats a lot better than they were before.
Watermeleon
+34|6558|I am located at my location
I'd probably quit and buy a new FPS should my stats be wiped. It's just not worth it to start again. I may suicide bomb Dice Headquarters, however... >
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6744|California

speaking out of people i know, i would say the reset is a liberating experience, it makes you enjoy playing more, it makes your forget about the whole stat system
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6813|Singapore

Pee myself.
ikillyou9090
+24|6572
id come here and cry like everyone else!
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6601|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!
Well i would prolly quit...with all the gey way of dieing and all the whore...this game aint really fun...except when your killin everything on your path...And yeah...i play this game mostly cuz i am a stats whore...bout...3/4 of the time i play i just get whored so...Not much fun...i would prolly make a lil comeback on DoDs or Oblivion..not sure right now..But i dont have to worry...as i never padded.

But knowing how EA sucks...
elmo1337
Banned
+186|6583|The real world
Who cares, like omg the stats in my game have been resetted!! NOES NOES MY E PENIZ

care bout stats, i like pie
Slickfish
+24|6647
Not thought about it really as I don't cheat but hey if you cheated in the first place to get reset then you'd probably be of the mind set to cheat to get back!.
If I got reset through some mess up then I'd kick off for a short while then atart again, hey the rate at which awards and unlocks come at the start if great kind of tale of after 8000 glabal when your as good as me!(yes that sarcastic I know I suck but hey its fun).
N)!(NDarkDragon
Banned
+158|6546
For the record, when your reset you keep your unlocks and your rank. You just have no badges or hours or stats.
david363
Crotch fires and you: the untold story
+314|6763|Comber, Northern Ireland
i would probably go outside and kill someone...then make threatening phonecalls to EA and dice.....then probably start over
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6651|Warlord
If my stats were wiped I'd be annoyed but I'd probably just play one of the other accounts I already have. All I need is to have an unlock available so that regardless of the team I'm on I have a sniper rifle with a crosshair to use and I'm good to go; and it'd be fun to work toward expert sniper combat again although the time requirement is a bitch.

If I had to start completely from scratch you can easily get to the first unlock in a day or so, then one round of SF and bingo, good to go again
Disodium
+13|6538|Sydney
I dont care how big my e.penis is.

I enjoy the game, id start again.
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6651|Canada

TheCanadianTerrorist wrote:

I think it's a pretty decent punishment. If I had my stats wiped I wouldn't care. The only reason I'm not remaking this account is because EVERY SINGLE OTHER NAME WITH THE OR TERRORIST IS TAKEN! God damn you EA.
wut about "1337CanadianTerrorist" or "ultracanadianterrorist"? ultra.
oldgoat
Alcohol & calculus don't mix. Never drink & derive
+5|6541
piss my pants and pad my ass out
gazzie
Pulls out gun, Watch him run
+39|6746|England
Dear Sir / Madam,
                          Your Battlefield 2 account named "G4ZZI3" -  pid number 57894294 has recently been reported to us for using a Glitch explotation on the Strike at Karkand map. Use of any glitch, map explotation or any method of increasing your score that is not normal game play is viewed very seriously. Over the next couple of days your account history will be viewed and if it is proven that you have indeed used a map exploit, then your account score will be reset to zero.
We will not contact you before resetting your score and advise you that your account will be kept on file for 28 days pending feedback from yourself.
EA games is protected by the data protection act 1984.

Regards,

Thomas J Williams, EA Senior account investigator.

Well as you can see i have had a close encounter before any of you start flaming this post NO i have not done the karkand glitch where you get inside the hotel.

I did cartillery and someone didnt like it reported me for it and nothing has happened since. There is no rule on using cartillery on tanks or people or even the enemies assets. This email was a wake up call i even went to BF2ROE to see whether i would get reset for my actions. This email was sent to me 30 June 2006 01:50:35 so i think if they had genuine proof i would have been reset.

If i did get reset with my 550 hours then yes i would quit battlefield 2 until battlefield 2142 comes out but im still going strong.

Last edited by gazzie (2006-07-27 18:14:04)

Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6573|UK

N)!(NDarkDragon wrote:

For the record, when your reset you keep your unlocks and your rank. You just have no badges or hours or stats.
Really?  How about sail1326, he was a colonel (one of top pilots in the game) was reset and atm his account reads Corporal.  Plus he now only has 2 unlocked weapons.  Anyone I have seen that was reset goes back to the begining as though there new to it.

N as for gettin stats wiped, well i have +1000 hours (bit sad i know, but thn i have a broken leg so i have nothing else to keep me occupied, these past few weeks), my rate of improvement is very slow, i'm by no account a great player, I know how to fly a plane well and that is about it.  Getting all my expert badges was a pain, any time i went for one i only played that kit, and e.g going for the at one, i had to clock up 80 hours in one go with it.  I wouldnt be pleased to see all that reset to nothing.  IF I was reset, I would probably, play again, get all my basic badges, and get my self to gunnery, then leave it.

N wouldnt buy 2142, will switch to that quake wars, give that a go, UP URS EA, peace.....
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6589|Area 51

TrollmeaT wrote:

I would cry, whine, be angry, make a post about it on bf2s in which I would cry, whine & be angry some more while everyone called me a padder, then bend over & take it like a man, errm or woman whatever is pertinent.

After all that was done, I'd make a sig saying I was once ranked 31,939th place gobal in the world.
Me is ranked 5643 atm
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6765|OctoLand
well if I was wiped unfairly and would pad TBH.
I know fucking karate
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6702|Middle of nowhere
I'd just start over, i mean, then i wouldn't have that "n00b" phase in my stats... so it'd be more accurate, like, i'd have a 3.3ish SPM instead of 2.3
paranoid101
Ambitious but Rubbish
+540|6764
Cry because I would be able to sell my account on Ebay now.
Brasso
+1,549|6654

My stats would never be wiped.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
JoeFriday
Git 'Er Dun
+23|6464|Canada
I'd Start over, but I'd hire a grizzly bear to ass rape the bitch that wiped my stats
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6615|Your attic
I'd be annoyed for a little while, but then I'd get over it, start fresh, maybe play in alot more unranked servers.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard