claydawg
Chuck Norris' Homeboy
+85|6594|Oxford, MS
I did a quick search and couldn't find anything about this.  Have any of you ever done or seen this:

We had a guy on our server last night who was flying solo in the PLA attack heli on Dalian.  He wasn't just flying, shooting missiles, and launching the occasional TV while switching seats...no...he was flying low and circling flags while shooting the machine gun!  He wasn't switching seats, he was piloting and shooting at the same time!  He claimed he was able to do this after "much practice".  We called bullshit and he was banned.  He came on our site and asked to have his ban removed.  I told him we would look into it and see, just to be fair.  Have any of you seen someone do this or have any of you done this yourself?  Is it possible to do without keybinding?  For the record...here are his stats.  I can't tell if he's been reset before, or may have another account as well.  I'd appreciate some quality feedback.  Thanks guys!

**Edit**
Since no one reads past the first post on a thread anymore I'll say it here too**
The ban has been removed

Last edited by claydawg (2006-06-27 16:14:40)

fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6539
This ban is bullshit, remove it - but to be honest i wouldn't play on this server anymore.

And to answer your question, yes you can SoloMG with any attack chopper, just takes some practice.
Sgt.Davi
Touches Himself At Night.
+300|6614|England
Yeah....solo tv gunning is not a hack.....
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6624
Claydawg, it is perfectly possible. I'm not good at it, but I'm trying to learn it too. I call it 'controlled spin' as the idea is to be able to control how your chopper flies after you switch seats. Once you know that it's just a matter of quickly aiming. However, I doubt he's managed to learn all of that in 17 hours of flying, but then again chances are that that isn't his first account.

edit: you didn't really give us much info on how he was flying. 'circling flags' without being in the pilot seat is possible, as you can move your chopper before switching so it does just that. On the other hand, I don't see how he could do anything else than quickly switching, firing, and switching back again before doing a full circle

Last edited by SargeV1.4 (2006-06-27 10:11:37)

https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
LockerFish
+47|6677
I can do it... not very well, but it's possible...
l41e
+677|6619

If he was flying and shooting the MG at literally the same time (e.g. changing direction while shooting) then that's bullshit. Otherwise lift the ban, he was probably solo-MGing.
MorbiD.ShoT
Stormin' through the party
+322|6567
Nha, i've seen someone do this in their chopper video, but the video claimed that he was the best chopper pilot in the world...so i dunno, i think that it is possible if u tilt the chopper correctly and get it into a good spin.
Pratice FTW.
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6542

An unfair banning. Once you get the heli to move how you want, solo-heligunning is easy if you practice. I do it with out hacks, and I'm sure he doesn't use hacks either. A lot of people can do it.
Slickdawg8
Visit TAW.NET
+58|6749|Long Island
its not a hack, so remove his ban.  I have seen it myself, but can't do it.  I'm practicing it.
fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6539
You can see it in Duck & Cover Redux Volume 1 in the BF2s Filesection.
jimmanycricket
EBC Member
+56|6626|Cambridge, England
no, perfectly possible, if not sometime hard, once you got the nack its a good raping tactic
(US)THE.DEVILS.HITMAN
+88|6514|Boise, Idaho
I do it all the time noob dont ban someone when you suspect them of cheating he was probably just owning you guys and you cant pick a good fight. If he comes to your site and asks for the ban to be removed he obviously isn't cheating.
ooPSeH
+0|6619
Don't forgrt that an attack chopper will HOVER if no keys are pressed so as long as the guy is in the Gunners seat it will continue to perform the turn it was doing when he was pilot.

I can hardly fly nevermind swap seat and shoot someone.  Although I tried and I accidently exited the heli....
LockerFish
+47|6677
If by "HOVER" you mean, spin around in circles then crash to the ground, then yeah. When I switch to fire a TV missile it damn well does NOT just hover there, it spins almost immediately.
ooPSeH
+0|6619

LockerFish wrote:

If by "HOVER" you mean, spin around in circles then crash to the ground, then yeah. When I switch to fire a TV missile it damn well does NOT just hover there, it spins almost immediately.
Well thats the nearest I get to Hovering tbh!!!1
elmo1337
Banned
+186|6530|The real world
Mushroomcar
I L0v3 C4k3
+18|6690|Sweden
well, if you have watched clan matches any time..
You can see those very skilled heli pilots that just do unbelivable stuff, like piloting and beeing 2nd pilot at sametime (yes using the mg 2). It's just a skill thing, no cheating.
shice
+9|6486|every1 h8's Germany

claydawg wrote:

blahblah...
He claimed he was able to do this after "much practice".  We called bullshit and he was banned. 
blahblah...
I hate assmunch admins like that only banning cuz they're pwnd by some better players. Zer0 skill.
Also a reason to de-rank the server.
Nevermind...
alpinestar
+304|6567|New York City baby.
when u spend 300hrs in chopper you can do all kinds of things
Turtle
+7|6728|Boulder, CO
It's possible to switch really quickly but you can't fly and gun at the same time. As far as I know there's no hack to do this but I also don't look for hacks..
PRiMACORD
+190|6596|Home of the Escalade Herds
Sure it's possible in limited bursts, never seen the reason to try it tho. Rockets work better
niomosy
+26|6660
Sounds like the guy was just solo flying.  There's videos out there of guys that can do far more than just launch the occasional tv missile.  MG'ing isn't super hard.  It's just learning how to position the chopper so you can switch seats and do some mg'ing.

I'm nowhere near good but I can manage switching to get a few kills here and there and I haven't had the chance to practice all that much.  Someone that's been practicing this heavily in SP shouldn't have any problems doing this.
Delphy
+45|6556|Bristol, UK
I'd love to be able to do this, I can never kill infantry with the rockets..

And the move is perfectly legal, watch this vid. http://files.bf2s.com/details.php?file=403
pX|SithLord
+22|6696|Germany
but flying alone in a chopper sucks.. i once played with some guy who insisted on flying alone and tked me when i entered the chopper as a gunner...

even if you are quite skilled, one person in an attack chopper cannot replace a decent gunner, this is really egoistic because two people with a certain amount of skill are much more powerful and thus more worth for a team's effort
claydawg
Chuck Norris' Homeboy
+85|6594|Oxford, MS
I've seen people solo fly and gun before, but not like this.  He was throwing flares and actually maneuvering the chopper while gunning people down.  It struck me as odd, I've played a long time and thought I'd seen it all.  We talked with the guy and his ban has been removed.  I think he's going to challenge *2p*taintedsoul to a solo chopper battle this evening.  We'll see how it goes.  I told him we weren't trying to be douches and apologized for coming across that way.  But I also hope he understands that admins have to step in and take action when 8 people on one team are making accusations toward him.

But the question remains, can you maneuver, flare, and shoot the mg all at the same time?  That's really what I'm asking here.  We love to have chopper battles on our server, and run Dalian 24/7 since it's chopper friendly.

*EDIT*
I've given all the karma I can for the day.  I only gave +1, no negative.  Thanks to those of you who did not flame/call me a n00b/etc.  There were a few of you who deserved negative, but I just didn't fool with you.

Last edited by claydawg (2006-06-27 11:33:45)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard