Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6757|Dallas
I recently visited the official BF2ROE listing to read the whole thing through, being that I'd never really given a shit before.  I have always heard people talking about it and debating it, some good, some bad, but until tonight and after reading it........I'm just shocked.  Who the fuck do these people think they are?  Do we really need a Gestapo in BF2?  Someone please explain to me how these particular people were "hired on" by EA/DICE.  Frankly, I think it's a load of bullshit, I saw at least 6 rules that I break on a daily basis and didn't even know it.  I want to go over a few things in the ROE that really piss me the fuck off.

§ Infantry only Servers are not allowed.
Why the fuck not?  Please someone explain why 16 or 32 people on a map that are basically on an even playing field is breaking the rules anymore than 1 person out of 32 in a tank and 30 points in the lead.  Kiss my ass.  Even better is the fact that EA is releasing an all infantry map with the next patch.  Ohh I see, it's wrong if we feel like playing infantry only but if EA decides to release an infantry map it's suddenly ok.  Hypocrites.

§ Kicking Players who use vehicles or aircraft
Way to enforce that shit, it's only happened to me about 38598579357395739 times.  But on a different note, if I payed $350 a month for a ranked server, $115 for the game and all the boosters and then had to put up with working with a shitty EA admin console, I believe admins should reserve the right to kick ANYONE whenever they see fit.

§1.7 Server administrators may not use non-standard (custom map packs) maps or modified versions of standard maps.
Did you pricks ever stop and think that if maybe you released more than 2 free maps people wouldn't be looking for custom shit!?  Ohh wait, I'm sorry, you released what, like 12 new maps, to bad they only cost about $65 and most of them sucked ass anyways.  Thanks alot.  What happened to the BF1942 era support where we got a map or two almost every patch and some in between? 

High Points Servers
Gee, I thought the whole point of the stats system was to get points.  Excuse the fuck out of me because I play on 16 man servers running 64 player maps.  There are alot of points there, it's just to bad it takes a 3 hour round to get them.  Also, you asswipes ever stop and think that perhaps people like playing there because there are ACTUALLY enough vehicles for everyone!!  WOW!!  No getting tked for a jet or chopper and no more getting C4'ed in a tank because someone else wanted it, because there are plenty.  FUCK YOU EA.

§1.9 Players may not Impersonate or abuse BF2RS ADMINS.
I'll impersonate anyone I damn well please, thank you very much.  Since when are you people in a position to tell me what my name can and can't be?  Ohh thats right, the stats.  Take them, I don't fucking care.  You showed me just how much they meant when you nerfed all the medals, lowered all the ranks, wiped Firestorm and then gave his shit right back.  Stats are worthless, just like your company.

§1.10 Server administrators will not go to ANY public or clan ranked server and threaten or bully any clan or clan administrator.
Like I said before, I'll do whatever the fuck I want to do.  You can't make me be nice to someone.  What are we in the 5th grade all over again here or something?  No bullying?  Fuck off.

§ Option B: TK punish is to be set to automatic or on, but may not be set to off.
Man, I really hate you people.  Really.

§2.1 You may not use any offensive or sexually explicit language in chat or voice mode.
§2.2 You may not use foul or slanderous language involving race, gender, sexual preference, religion or creed.

PUSSYSHITJEWCOCKASSTITSDONGCHINAMANTRANNY!  .....and yes I will be joining an Official EA server tonight to type that in numerous times.

§2.3 You may not deliberately hinder your own team or acting in such as way as to cause team mates unavoidable deaths or team losses.
§ Commander flying or in a vehicle instead of commanding
§ Destruction of friendly vehicles
§ Excessive team killing.

Wow, I break these rules on an almost daily basis.  I don't care either and I will continue to do so. If you don't like it, wipe me.  That is really the only thing you guys need to do before I just throw the damn game in the trash and refuse to buy another EA product.  This shit is seriously not worth the trouble.

§ Artillery fire or bombing runs on main (uncapturable) bases may be prohibited.
§ Prolonged or sustained attacks on main (uncapturable) bases (i.e. spawncamping).
§ Using the Transport Helicopters to take flags (Blackhawk whoring or flag hopping).
§ Impersonating clan members.
§ Using C4 on jeeps, or other fast moving vehicles to take out other vehicles.
§ Clans may change or customize rules, provided they don’t violate the above ROE rules.
See you on the battlefield.

Yeah, how about not.  These are about the gayest fucking rules I've ever seen.  If you expect me to adhere to this garbage then you can choke on my sack.

§ King Dave [email protected] Director
§ IndianScout [email protected] Director

Two of the biggest dickheads on Earth as far as I'm concerned.

So, after reading the Official BF2ROE I think I am madder than I have ever been with EA/DICE.  To think that they would make a game so great and then literally nerf it to death, patch it so hard that the end product is worse than the beginning product, and enforce such bullshit rules that inhibit what little game play the engine has left that isn't either bugged, glitched or nerfed to the point of being useless.......literally dumbfounds me.  So many things have happened over the past year that, to think back to when I was really focused on stats and awards and then to think about it now, where I realize they mean absolutely nothing and that these stats and awards are actually ruining the gameplay and experience is an epiphany in and of itself. 

The favoritism of EA is an infuriating when you think about it.  Think of Nastie Butler and Vengence.  They got wiped for "blackhawking", something that was perfectly legit at the time, with no ROE's against it.  People whine and cry and they nerf it, then to top it all off, they wipe the "blackhawkers" stats.  They had literally, by definition, done nothing wrong.  But then you have Firestorm, who spends more time as commander, sitting in a tank with a UAV above him doing jack shit for his team.  I can think of at least 3 ROE's he broke just by doing that.  He gets wiped and a few days later HE GETS HIS SHIT BACK!?  What in the bloody fuck.  I suppose it has nothing to do with the fact he was No 1. in the world, or the fact he is an admin at one of the most popular gaming community's in the Battlefield universe.  I doubt very seriously if anyone on these forums can name another person who was wiped and then got their shit back.  This is a game, I intend to play it as a game, not as a world with laws with fines and punishments.  I choose to play free, fun, and to the best of my interest, not in a manner of how others TELL ME I will have fun.  I will have fun doing WHAT I think is fun.  It pisses me off that nobody has the balls to stand up to these cocks and say "HEY!, Just let us play the godamned game!!".

FUCK YOU EA, DICE, BF2ROE, INDIANSCOUT, KINGDAVE, BF2 MILTIARY POLICE AND THE REST OF YOU GESTAPO WANNA BE TARDS!! 

The repercussions of this post are meaningless to me.  Do what you wish you Nazi bastards I don't give a shit anymore.

Coug Out
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6712|California

a fucking men
moose_rider
+30|6634|Puyallup, WA
word.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6521|Global Command
See my new sig?
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6757|Dallas

Alexanderthegrape wrote:

See my new sig?
Your sig is the one I clicked to get to the ROE in the first place tonight.
LockerFish
+47|6698
Calm down. I got halfway through and couldn't put up with your complaining. Apparently you haven't heard the quote yet "Code it, don't ROE it" by someoneIcan'trememberbutwillgivecredittonexttimeIfindout. It's in the ROE because they can't/didn't code it which means it's all humans behind it. Find a human you agree with that owns a server and play there. YOu only hear about the anomalies because they are just that, anomalies. IF someone wants to hear about how great BF2 is, this is definitely not the place. They should probably get in the game and talk to all the thousands of people still playing and having a great time like me.

Ha, I love how I've gotten ALL of my negative karma from this post alone. Not to mention none of them have a name. Just for future reference, if anyone is giving me some sort of "revenge" karma, I always leave my name. Always. If there's no name, don't assume it was me.

Last edited by LockerFish (2006-06-27 11:52:49)

stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6712|California

they think of themselves as gods, it pisses me off. i paid the same amout of money for the game, why cant i exterminate "inferior" players? (nazism reference)
ATG
Banned
lol I only put it there cause some fag kept negging me because I called them ROE nazis.
I dont give a fuck how you play as long as your not glitching. I've been in my fair share of pistol servers...who cares how  you play?
     I'll gladly leave the roe sig code here for another avenger. Just add the post img bracket;
[url=http://www.bfroe.com/][img]http://i4.tinypic.com/15ntams.jpg

Last edited by Alexanderthegrape (2006-06-26 20:39:02)

TehMyke
8======D
+343|6702

Cougar wrote:

High Points Servers
Gee, I thought the whole point of the stats system was to get points.  Excuse the fuck out of me because I play on 16 man servers running 64 player maps.  There are alot of points there, it's just to bad it takes a 3 hour round to get them.  Also, you asswipes ever stop and think that perhaps people like playing there because there are ACTUALLY enough vehicles for everyone!!  WOW!!  No getting tked for a jet or chopper and no more getting C4'ed in a tank because someone else wanted it, because there are plenty.  FUCK YOU EA.
for the record, by "high points" they are referring to servers witch restrict weapons/vechiles/arty... or servers witch have rules like "do not cap the last flag" yadda yadda.... 16 man servers/64 map is fine if its legit play.
» You guys are all old and wrinkly now, GG... | Steam | teHmyke.com | YouTube
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6712|California

TehMyke wrote:

Cougar wrote:

High Points Servers
for the record, by "high points" they are referring to servers witch restrict weapons/vechiles/arty... or servers witch have rules like "do not cap the last flag" yadda yadda.... 16 man servers/64 map is fine if its legit play.
they could still make up a reason to reset tho
InviSniper
The first true Sniper.
+95|6636|Cumberland, MD, USA
Who really cares about EA's ROE? As you said, EA is a joke. They don't do shit anymore except promise us bug fixes for us to only download more bugs and more bugs only. The only "laws" in this game is your personal moral values so if you feel like doing something, fucking do it!
BolvisOculus
Spagett!
+167|6611|Manitowoc, WI
not a big point but im just trying to clear something up.  As far as i know ( i may be wrong, but i dont think so) the new map, Road to Jalalabad, is not infantry only.  They are just introducing a new game mode (as opposed to conquest mode)  that is infantry only that can be used (i presume) on any map.

Last edited by BolvisOculus (2006-06-26 20:15:43)

stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6712|California

infantry only will NOT be included in 1.31 (1.4) due to testing
[R]age^B-HeKtiC^
You like that, biatch!?
+25|6797|Uk
Good post!
Madhadda1
+270|6537|Cedar Rapids, Iowa
i just looked and saw this "§ Using the Transport Helicopters to take flags (Blackhawk whoring or flag hopping)."

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!?!?!?!?! WTF IS THE GOD DAMN HELICOPTER FOR THEN?!?!?!? /rank over

but seriously thats a bunch of bull shit and no one here can deny that
King_Vegeta
+4|6621

Cougar wrote:

[b]§2.3 You may not deliberately hinder your own team or acting in such as way as to cause team mates unavoidable deaths or team losses.
§ Commander flying or in a vehicle instead of commanding b]
[b]§ Artillery fire or bombing runs on main (uncapturable) bases may be prohibited.
§ Prolonged or sustained attacks on main (uncapturable) bases (i.e. spawncamping).
§ Using the Transport Helicopters to take flags (Blackhawk whoring or flag hopping).
§ Using C4 on jeeps, or other fast moving vehicles to take out other vehicles.
Now this crap..is exactly..crap! I totally disagree with all of these so called "rules" here. If a commander is flying or in a tank then so be it, anyone ever heard of multi-tasking??? And if he's not commanding, then what the hell do you think a mutiny vote is for?
As for no bombing and arty on main bases..that's absolutely unrealistic and unreasonable. Just because your team is getting its ass kicked around doesn't mean your main base should be a "safe haven".
Now what the hell is wrong with using a blackhawk to take a flag?? This is why they invented anti-air and have weapons to destroy blackhawks...
Using C4 on jeeps to take out other vehicles is not only creative, but a way for the driver to get a kill since all he can do is drive! Plus as I always say, if you're ever going to go out, take somebody else out with you!
TngoWsky
+5|6577|MS

stryyker wrote:

a fucking men
Here here brutha.

+1 bro

Last edited by TngoWsky (2006-06-26 20:35:15)

alpinestar
+304|6588|New York City baby.
this bf2roe bullshit needs to end.
Zanzura
Shallow and Pedantic
+2|6664|Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Uhh. I suggest you read the ROE again. There are different sections for the rules. The first section is about rules that all Ranked servers must enforce. The second section are rules that Offical EA Servers enforce. The third section talks about certain rules that may be enforced on a public ranked server not owned by EA.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6767|Noizyland

Angry, angry young man.
Still, you speak the truth Cougar, just... calm down a bit mate.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Darkhelmet
cereal killer
+233|6743|the middle of nowhere
I couldn't have said it better myself. +1.
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6757|Dallas

Zanzura wrote:

Uhh. I suggest you read the ROE again. There are different sections for the rules. The first section is about rules that all Ranked servers must enforce. The second section are rules that Offical EA Servers enforce. The third section talks about certain rules that may be enforced on a public ranked server not owned by EA.
OK, but, when you update your server list in your search browser, does it break the servers up into 3 seperate groups detailing which is which?  No.  Does anyone here honestly take the time to find out what kind of server they are joining and who owns it before they click join game?  No.

Should I really have to sit at my desk with a 3 page ROE and either constantly check it or memorize it before I join a server or before I perfrom an attack in game to make sure I am not going to get wiped for killing someone the wrong way? 

Fuck that.
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6634|Burmecia, Land of the Rain
without his anger he would be more of an alley cat than a Cougar.

+1 for telling it like it is.
and hell.. +1 to Tyferra too.. cos he's not an asshat.. and his sig made me smile
ATG
Banned

spawnofthemist wrote:

without his anger he would be more of an alley cat than a Cougar.

+1 for telling it like it is.
and hell.. +1 to Tyferra too.. cos he's not an asshat.. and his sig made me smile
I like cougar just how he is; warm and fuzzy!
Thanks spawn, I catch ya back tomorrow, promise.
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6698|Antarctica
I agree, the ROE is stupid.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard