Bevo
Nah
+718|6528|Austin, Texas
Today I was playing on kark on rubberducky... and We had taken the cement factory. MEC troops were swarming near the flag and I was an engineer, and too far to use the shotty. I pulled my pistol out and started firing into the blob. One of the MEC was antitank and decided that I should be eryx meat. By the time I realized a giant missile was headed at me, I had to no time to move, I would die anyway. So naturally, I shot the remainder of my pistol rounds into the group, hoping I'd at least get some more damage in or hopefully a kill.

I ended up shooting the rocket that was heading at me,  about 1m in front of my face. No Damage. I never knew this was possible and I don't intend to shoot any more down soon, but definatley cool when I was... alive.

Naturally I died a few seconds later from PKM fire though.
-=AudigyXi=-
+18|6663
Nice one, everyone once in a while I get lucky enough to stand up, and jump over the rocket before it hits me.....gotta love those moments
Not
Great success!
+216|6583|Chandler, AZ
Thats amazing, lol, I had no idea that was possible.
duk0r
Administrator
+306|6675|Austin, TX

You can do that?
https://bf3s.com/sigs/a3a6d1102d14bf2f7e266fba7f728dc2cc38b316.png
Drumedor
Oops, who put that tree there?
+17|6552|BorĂ¥s, Sweden
Didn't even know you could do that. Gotta try that next time.
ShotYourSix
Boldly going nowhere...
+196|6726|Las Vegas
I've got a clip of me hitting one with a nade somewhere......I'll see if I can dig it up and post.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6723

Drumedor wrote:

Didn't even know you could do that. Gotta try that next time.
same goes for me
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
pers0nah
Waste Kid
+271|6589|MANCHESTERRR
LoL!!
KnowMeByTrailOfDead
Jackass of all Trades
+62|6688|Dayton, Ohio
Wonder if it was a product of the amazing disapearing Rocket bug?

Did you ever hear it explode?

Last edited by KnowMeByTrailOfDead (2006-06-26 13:42:44)

LockerFish
+47|6713
Yeah, that is really cool, but did you ever think maybe something else happened to it? Like it really missed you, or it hit something else?
Avarice
+41|6579|London, UK
hmm I must un-verify this theory. Many times I've been using a tank (both shell and MG) and the rocket goes on. So, if a tank can't damage them, what can?

Just remember, I may be wrong, as I usually am, but I'm 90% sure this time.
leesupport
+39|6690
yea a friend of mine was in Transport chopper and shot aa missles heading at us...was cool:) im going to try that...shooting AT missles
Bevo
Nah
+718|6528|Austin, Texas

KnowMeByTrailOfDead wrote:

It's possible... I didnt hear it explode but I saw it explode, it was coming right at my face and I shot it with my pistol. It... Couldn't have missed me, unless it was a bug. 
Bevo
Nah
+718|6528|Austin, Texas

Avarice wrote:

hmm I must un-verify this theory. Many times I've been using a tank (both shell and MG) and the rocket goes on. So, if a tank can't damage them, what can?

Just remember, I may be wrong, as I usually am, but I'm 90% sure this time.
Well, if you're right, then the rocket magically dissapeared infront of my face because I watched it explode.
ShotYourSix
Boldly going nowhere...
+196|6726|Las Vegas
Just think about it.  The AT round explodes on contact with any entity in the game (with the exception of the bug where it goes through the object), so upon contacting any object such as a bullet or nade or what ever it will go off instantly.

Get with a friend on a server and try it out.  With some trial (and errors ) you can recreate this.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6714|67.222.138.85
It's very possible, and pretty reasonable too if you have a shotgun.
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6767|San Antonio, Texas
The missile has no hit points in the code so there's no way you can shoot it down. It must have hit something or it was a bug (or lag).
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6585|Florida
Thats awesome lol, ill keep that in mind.  Ive managed to dive under them and jump over occasionally but didnt know you could SHOOT the rocket.
LockerFish
+47|6713
I agree with Sniper3. Plus, this is a game of mathematics. Each "bullet" is an input into a code. If you think about it with the terms of deviation, each bullet is individually and randomly(in a perfect world) given a margin of error to deviate from the zero-point flight path. I'm trying to sound smart. So going with this idea, that would mean that each projectile is entirely seperate from any others. I dont' know what I'm talking about. In other words, besides the hit points thing, I would say there no way for a pistol "bullet" and an AT "rocket" to know that each other were there and collide, even if lag and any other such factors were eliminated.
Sphinctometer
+2|6640

MadKatter wrote:

It's possible... I didnt hear it explode but I saw it explode, it was coming right at my face and I shot it with my pistol. It... Couldn't have missed me, unless it was a bug. 
When you kill someone who has fired an AT rocket that is still in flight, the rocket explodes. What probably happened is that you killed the guy who shot the rocket.
rh27
Not really a Brit
+51|6603|England

LockerFish wrote:

I agree with Sniper3. Plus, this is a game of mathematics. Each "bullet" is an input into a code. If you think about it with the terms of deviation, each bullet is individually and randomly(in a perfect world) given a margin of error to deviate from the zero-point flight path. I'm trying to sound smart. So going with this idea, that would mean that each projectile is entirely seperate from any others. I dont' know what I'm talking about. In other words, besides the hit points thing, I would say there no way for a pistol "bullet" and an AT "rocket" to know that each other were there and collide, even if lag and any other such factors were eliminated.
Yes, that's more or less it. Except bullets have no flight time, they don't actually travel in this game. It's calculated where the bullet will end up, and the bullet is placed there, no in-between travelling.

Since the AT rocket has no hit box, it won't be regarded as a possibility of collision for the bullet, so the bullet will hit the nearest object behind it.

Most likely you killed the AT guy which caused the missile to disappear.
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6634|Warlord

My money's on that regrettably.
LividCow
Mmmmm...Beeeeer
+13|6565|MN, USA
No wait.  Maybe it is true.  Lets all go to a server and all of you try to shoot my AT rockets coming at you.  My K/D ratio could use a boost.

Last edited by LividCow (2006-06-26 16:49:35)

Bevo
Nah
+718|6528|Austin, Texas

Sphinctometer wrote:

MadKatter wrote:

When you kill someone who has fired an AT rocket that is still in flight, the rocket explodes. What probably happened is that you killed the guy who shot the rocket.
He was still alive.
Capt. Foley
+155|6595|Allentown, PA, USA
Ive done it with a pump shot gun before. I was shooting at the AT guy and I blew up the missle in flight. Saw it explode.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard