sgt.sonner
the electric eel has got me by the brain banana
+146|6541|Denmizzark!!
Nice guide.. I would add the tip with always keeping the target at the bottom of the circle.. +1
Bernadictus
+1,055|6745

PFCStenzel wrote:

Nice.  It works because I got my Expert Air Defense.
Wow It payed off
ddknight31
+12|6660
Transport helos are still a level 2 threat... they can be used to ram you! Learned that one the hard way on FuShe.
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6800|Jupiter
Bernadictus
+1,055|6745

(EUS)Gen.BadSnipaDay wrote:

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=1311]

nuf said.
Nope, I do not agree with that.

In this guide I am aiming on visuals, im building movies/screenshots of how-to.

Putting stuff in as text is one thing, but seeing it is another, it is to give people an idea of bullet drop, target leading, terrain useage.
Wasder
Resident Emo Hater
+139|6683|Moscow, Russia
I like your presentation, +1.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6797|Singapore

A.w.e.s.o.m.e

But please also remember: On the average:

Static AA KDR: 0.10
Mobile AA KDR: 1.00

B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6849|Cologne, Germany

Bernadictus wrote:

nuf said.

Putting stuff in as text is one thing, but seeing it is another, it is to give people an idea of bullet drop, target leading, terrain useage.
this is no "who can make the best AA guide" competition. Everybody is free to provide their own guide.

If your guide turns out to be as good as people here think it will, you might find yourself in the "featured posts" subforum.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6797|Singapore

And schuss dangles the cookie.
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6534|Singapore
Oh Noes!!! Teh Bearz Is Awakezz
Bernadictus
+1,055|6745

B.Schuss wrote:

Bernadictus wrote:

nuf said.

this is no "who can make the best AA guide" competition. Everybody is free to provide their own guide.

If your guide turns out to be as good as people here think it will, you might find yourself in the "featured posts" subforum.
Im not the judge, players are, but as said, im busy creating the graphical work, just needing a good image host.
vassili
+66|6531
I think the AA vehicle should have its own radar. and some sort of flair to prefent it from getting shot by a laser guided rockets,
Bernadictus
+1,055|6745

I still need someone to help me to make the tracking movies, becuase the bots don't cooperate..
kerryman87
+1|6539
Bernadictus, I would like to make a correction to your guide. The missile systems on the USS Essex in the game are not the RAM systems, they are RIM-7 Sea Sparrow missiles. In real life, the Essex has both RAM and Sea Sparrow missiles onboard, but the ones featured in the game are the Sea Sparrows.
CrazeD
+368|6681|Maine
Here's all you need to know:

1. Point crosshair at enemy aircraft.
2. Wait for the "bee-bee-bee-beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep" signal.
3. Press left mouse button twice, and go on with your day.
Bernadictus
+1,055|6745

kerryman87 wrote:

Bernadictus, I would like to make a correction to your guide. The missile systems on the USS Essex in the game are not the RAM systems, they are RIM-7 Sea Sparrow missiles. In real life, the Essex has both RAM and Sea Sparrow missiles onboard, but the ones featured in the game are the Sea Sparrows.
Ha! TY! I couldn't find the missile battery name so I went for the RAM system, which is replacing the RIM-7 systems. (Less space more missiles).

Interested in helping me further out with targeting etc?
danCer
teh m0nsta
+314|6723|Germany
Great guide dude!
If i can think about anything to add or need help to evaluate. Feel free to PM me.

danCer
GR34
+215|6553|ALBERTA> CANADA
it works b/c i got my vet defence thx man
Boots
+17|6548|PA
How about some Aiming/leading information?
TF501|Slee
+18|6579|Michigan
Pretty good guide, dude.  You might want to consider adding an attribute for each target based on possible "worth" for the kill.  Either in terms of help to your team (ie keeping tankillers down, preventing a squad from capping a flag - this can drift quickly into the subjective) or in terms of how many possible kills you can make with a single target  (ie 1 for most planes, 2 max for attack choppers, many more for transport choppers, etc)   Obviously those potentials are rarely going to be realized, but for those who are strictly looking for "more bang for your buck" kills it would be nice to quantify. 

You may also want a side-guide for how effective certain AA is for non-AA usage.  (ie using the Tunguska for anti-personnel)
Lastly - what's your recommendation on best kit to use while going AA - either mobile or fixed.  Personally when going mobile AA I've done engineer most of the time, but realized I should be support.  (I can rarely convince commanders to drop me supplies for ammo, and any damage I take in mobile AA is either minimal or catastrophic - negating the real nead for repairs.  I'd rather have enough ammo than a shiny new cart.)
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6764|Scotland

Wikied

Last edited by zimmer92 (2006-06-27 11:05:39)

-=raska=-
Canada's French Frog
+123|6634|Quebec city, Canada
how can you resupply yourself if you are support ?

and I think that to be able to get missiles and ammo from a support guy, he has to be in a vehicle ? am I wrong?
Bernadictus
+1,055|6745

-=raska=- wrote:

how can you resupply yourself if you are support ?

and I think that to be able to get missiles and ammo from a support guy, he has to be in a vehicle ? am I wrong?
Yes, just dump some ammo bags near your vehicle, get in and then tadaa instant reloading!
-=raska=-
Canada's French Frog
+123|6634|Quebec city, Canada
!! didnt know vehicles could pick up ammo bags! thanx
Bernadictus
+1,055|6745

-=raska=- wrote:

!! didnt know vehicles could pick up ammo bags! thanx
Oops, they can't you can only be resupplied by another person!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard