FFOLKES
+39|6762
Original thread - http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79873
Official Link - http://www.ea.com/official/battlefield/ … ate_061606

Greetings,

We recognize that this has been a very trying time for everyone who enjoys Battlefield 2 and are putting forth every effort to improve upon the issues that are causing some players frustration. The DICE team has been reviewing player feedback gathered from forums, email, and the ranker server providers in an effort to provide the best possible step forward from 1.3. While this work has been highly focused on bug fixing the team has also managed to put some work towards new content.

Some groups have noticed the testing of a new map “Road to Jalalabad” being run on our test servers. This map will be included in our next patch release and is not part of a new booster pack. Some of the items on the change list for this next step are:

Reversion: Allowing unlocks on unranked servers
Fix/Reversion: We fixed the issue preventing mod teams from running multiple game modes in one map list.
Tuning: We have lowered the number of players needed to start a ranked game.
Tuning: We have made some modifications to the vehicle drop feature introduced in 1.3. These changes should reduce the overall impact of ‘cartillery’ on game play.
Crash Fix: We have located and fixed a crash connected to 1.3.

These are only a small portion of the fixes being worked on for our next step. We would also like to announce that we will be holding an Open Beta in early July for this next patch. We will have public servers hosted, Beta files available on mirror sites, and specific threads for feedback during this Beta period hosted on the EA forums.

As always keep your eyes on this space for all the latest Battlefield News.

-The DICE Battlefield Team

Last edited by FFOLKES (2006-06-16 10:36:40)

=Karma-Kills=
"Don't post while intoxicated."
+356|6583|England
Sounds very encouraging. An open beta? What... Theyre listening to the community... well ill never.

Any links to where u got this from?
INCSOC
Member since 1984
+113|6678|Denver, CO
We would also like to announce that we will be holding an Open Beta in early July for this next patch. We will have public servers hosted, Beta files available on mirror sites, and specific threads for feedback during this Beta period hosted on the EA forums.
just based on this ALONE lol i can say its fake, wishful thinking... thanx anyway

+1 karma for a laugh
cheshiremoe
Evil Geniuses for a sparsely populated tomorrow
+50|6708

=Karma-Kills= wrote:

Sounds very encouraging. An open beta? What... Theyre listening to the community... well ill never.

Its not real, this is what he expects to see posted.  There has not been a Community Update so far today (in the US at least).

note the title 'Expected 6/16/06 Community Update'

Last edited by cheshiremoe (2006-06-16 08:39:11)

uber73
+188|6751|Brisbane
no mention of AT LEAST an OPTION to be able to deselect the squad/spawn issue..

here's hoping that gets fixed
-r3-anubis
+73|6536|florida
Its Gonna Take Them Forever To Fix Their Flaws!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by -r3-anubis (2006-06-16 08:38:37)

Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6692
Well I hope it is real. You know it is really hard to type when I keep looking at r3-anubis' sig...any way I hope that patch doesn't come out so late. I mean come one, how can they start BETA testing in JULY, i want it soon .
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6693|Howell, Mi USA

It's about god damn time!

New content FTW!
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
INCSOC
Member since 1984
+113|6678|Denver, CO
what is real though is that Road to Jalalabad - Jihad1/2 servers are up again!

http://www.game-monitor.com/GameServer/ … ihad1.html
http://www.game-monitor.com/GameServer/ … ihad2.html
Viper38
+118|6669
Open Beta ... woo hoo! Sounds to me like a very positive update ... lets hope in actually gets from the update board to reality
Speelbal
+146|6751|Netherlands
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Jenkinsbball
Banned
+149|6547|USA bitches!

Perfect!! My clan just started up and we usually have 4-5 players on, when we're lucky, and have to wait around for 30-60 minutes before we get the required amount to start a match. Suck donkey balls, but good fun and practice while we have the time.

Anyways, search for us. The server is named something like SPF Ranked Server. We're currently running a 16 player server w/ 16 and 32 sized maps.

Bring it on mofos!!
Delta_38DS
Self Proclaimed A10 Whore
+27|6563
Reversion: Allowing unlocks on unranked servers
Fix/Reversion: We fixed the issue preventing mod teams from running multiple game modes in one map list.
Tuning: We have made some modifications to the vehicle drop feature introduced in 1.3. These changes should reduce the overall impact of ‘cartillery’ on game play.
All good fixes.  1 thing I still want is more info on the server info.  EG MAP LIST, number of tickets/time left,  and is friendly fire for mines are off or on.

Last edited by Delta_38DS (2006-06-16 09:48:47)

FFOLKES
+39|6762

INCSOC wrote:

We would also like to announce that we will be holding an Open Beta in early July for this next patch. We will have public servers hosted, Beta files available on mirror sites, and specific threads for feedback during this Beta period hosted on the EA forums.
just based on this ALONE lol i can say its fake, wishful thinking... thanx anyway

+1 karma for a laugh
It's showtime...

http://www.ea.com/official/battlefield/ … ate_061606

Last edited by FFOLKES (2006-06-16 10:32:18)

cmotdibbler
+19|6665|The pork thing inna bun stall.
Hurray.... it's genuine. About bloody time too.... How do we sign up for the open beta or will it be a free for all?
AmbassadorofPain
+34|6656|Devil's Perch
Thanks DICE! So we can keep on playing with bad connections, massive lag problems, server crashes en gros, CTDs and more for at least 2 more weeks. Why don't they just release a hotfix for the crash issue if they already know what the problem is and provide the new map in the next patch with enough beta testing ahead?
Proud member of a dead community.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6690|Devon, England
less people to start a game? w00t!

im always the one to start a server up, and now, maybe it will fill up faster!

i believe ya, and cant w8 for this dam patch.
I~Love~Mysti
+23|6582
No no, open beta! Dice is finnaly getting it! YAY! Maybe this will be the patch to solve all problems.
=Karma-Kills=
+356|6583|England

cheshiremoe wrote:

=Karma-Kills= wrote:

Its not real, this is what he expects to see posted.  There has not been a Community Update so far today (in the US at least).

note the title 'Expected 6/16/06 Community Update'
The unbelievers shall be converted! muhahahahah

lol sorry, but it is real... http://www.ea.com/official/battlefield/ … ate_061606
=Karma-Kills=
+356|6583|England
"Community Update - 6/16/06

Greetings,

The launch of Battlefield 2: Armored Fury has started off with great success, the maps have been great and the new scout choppers are introducing a whole new style of game play. Not surprisingly, there has been a lot of support and approval from the American community. Playing in Alaska, fields and Operation Road Rage make these maps a great change up in play. If not already, I suggest joining in the fun; it?s available for download at http://downloader.ea.com/products/en_US/bf2armor.

We recognize that this has been a very trying time for everyone who enjoys Battlefield 2 and are putting forth every effort to improve upon the issues that are causing some players frustration. The DICE team has been reviewing player feedback gathered from forums, email, and the ranker server providers in an effort to provide the best possible step forward from 1.3. While this work has been highly focused on bug fixing the team has also managed to put some work towards new content.

Some groups have noticed the testing of a new map ?Road to Jalalabad? being run on our test servers. This map will be included in our next patch release and is not part of a new booster pack. Some of the items on the change list for this next step are:

* Reversion: Allowing unlocks on unranked servers
    * Fix/Reversion: We fixed the issue preventing mod teams from running multiple game modes in one map list.
    * Tuning: We have lowered the number of players needed to start a ranked game.
    * Tuning: We have made some modifications to the vehicle drop feature introduced in 1.3. These changes should reduce the overall impact of "cartillery" on game play.
    * Crash Fix: We have located and fixed a crash connected to 1.3.

These are only a small portion of the fixes being worked on for our next step. We would also like to announce that we will be holding an Open Beta in early July for this next patch. We will have public servers hosted, Beta files available on mirror sites, and specific threads for feedback during this Beta period hosted on the EA forums.

As always keep your eyes on this space for all the latest Battlefield News.

-The DICE Battlefield Team"

http://www.ea.com/official/battlefield/ … ate_061606
lWar Pigl
+4|6623|South Coast, Massachusetts

I~Love~Mysti wrote:

No no, open beta! Dice is finnaly getting it! YAY! Maybe this will be the patch to solve all problems.
This could be that patch to fix all problems only if DICE listens to it's beta testers and decides to use that information to improve the patch.
Capt. Foley
+155|6587|Allentown, PA, USA
Oh sweet, I saw something in the EA forums before that said that they were putting out a major patch and are trying to fix almost all of the bugs and add new content to BF2, I think they might be trying to get there rep back up so more people buy 2142 but hell, atleast they are fixing BF2 and listening to community.
-MIKI3.
+70|6643|The Netherlands
nice this really looks good, I can't wait

Last edited by -MIKI3. (2006-06-16 11:06:56)

cheshiremoe
Evil Geniuses for a sparsely populated tomorrow
+50|6708

=Karma-Kills= wrote:

The unbelievers shall be converted! muhahahahah

lol sorry, but it is real... http://www.ea.com/official/battlefield/ … orial.jsp?
Thats fine, but no source was given before so you can't expect everyone to believe it with out proof... with all the hoaxes/jokes that go around about updates/patches only a noob would believe everthing.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6719|California

its official now

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard