iPoon.be
Internet Poon
+145|6521|Belgium
Yeah, bf2 is a fun game.. but can you guys imagine this stuff in real life?

Dastardly Situation I
You are a Special Forces commando on your way to provide backup to some outflanked squad members.
Just as you turn the corner you notice a tank driving in your direction, luckily he hasn't seen you. You hide behind the corner quickly and decide your next move...
Battlefield 2
'Hey, i found some C4 in my pocket, i think ill try some of those.'
<runs to tank and attaches C4>
The tank notices you and backs up to fire at you.
'F*ck @ss n**b, is it too hard to stay put ffs? If im going to die, ill take you with me then. I'll be seeing you after the respawn!'
Real Life
'Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god' <wets himself>
You run for your life and get away with just a fright.

Dastardly Situation II
While you and your troops are moving out to an enemy outpost, suddenly enemy artillery starts breaking up your ranks. Everybody is running for their life, and you notice one of your allies is katapulted into the sky by an impact blast...
Battlefield 2
'Lolzz0rz, he landed in a tree!' <screens image>
'Lol! Dudes! Come and look at this guy! Maybe i can make it a (boring) PotD!'
Real Life
Everybody gets splashed with blood and guts. You notice you have become deaf due to the blast.
Since that day you have had post traumatic stress disorder.

Dastardly Situation III
Middle Eastern troops have made their last stand in a city called Carcand. You (the Americans) are storming up to the hotel. You decide to check out an alleyway, in case of enemy snipers. An enemy assault spots you and takes you under fire, but you quickly drop to the ground and headshot him by a fluke shot. You are however badly injured, and start looking for a medkit...
Battlefield 2
While you start looking, the non-ranked server produces the satisfactory 'Headshot' sound from Unreal Tournament. Luckily a medic has spotted you and throws you a medkit. It miraculously cures the gaping hole in your stomache. You are ready for more fighting!
Real Life
The world is getting red in front of your eyes, and as you stray through the now deserted alleyways, your vision becomes darker and darker. The hole in your stomache seems to be bleeding very bad. As you realise you will probably die, your last thoughts are of your home, and how you wished never to have left.
(You also remember how well this scene would look in a movie, or a video game.)

Dastardly Situation IV
The American army is pleased with your services after a long, hard battle. You are nominated for a reward...
Battlefield 2
Since you bought the game in Aug 2005, you have killed 25,000 men and have died 11,000 times. Petty things like that don't stop you from getting the Combat Action Medal though, your K/D ratio is 2.27 after all.
You have a hearty laugh when you think of all the mass murderers in real life that are sent to prison for slaying 10 people.
'Noobs!'
Real Life
You are awarded the Medal of Honor for saving a pilots life after his crash landing. The crash had attracted alot of enemy attention and after killing a squad of 4, you notice you were hit in the back.
The doctors say you will never be able to walk again.

Well, i guess you guys get the general idea.. Remember its only a game, but the way people act here is very different from real life.
Stay away from the army! (Do safe sex and dont take drugs either! )

Last edited by iPoon.be (2006-06-12 11:27:05)

BolvisOculus
Spagett!
+167|6611|Manitowoc, WI
C.Schaffer
+19|6590|Sweden
lol
[TP~Bravo]Wiggy
Failure By Design
+39|6538|Cardiff, Wales, Uk.
Lol true true.. why dont the presidents etc just hold world wars/wars on bf2 instead.. :p
Trigger_Happy_92
Uses the TV missle too much
+394|6641
snnnnoooooreeeeee

dont spend that much time on this stuff. go play bf2 instead =P
iPoon.be
Internet Poon
+145|6521|Belgium

Trigger_Happy_92 wrote:

snnnnoooooreeeeee

good point

why are you on the forums btw?
Des.Kmal
+917|6610|Atlanta, Georgia, USA
depressing
Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal
DaVeWaVe
Sponsored by Ready Brek... The Nation's Favourite
+7|6654|Farmland, England
some funny comparisons :p
i agree some players do think bf2 is supposed to emlate realism on the battlefield. But when you actually do this in real life, then its a totally different story, one thing is that you wont have a mini map in the corner of your screen, nor will you have the chance to blame the commander for artillarying your ass :p.
jord
+2,382|6670|The North, beyond the wall.
Can you only get the medal of honour[victoria cross] if you are injured in real life?
Say someone saves a load of POW's and gets out uninjured and manages to kill 25 enemy soldiers?
iPoon.be
Internet Poon
+145|6521|Belgium

jord wrote:

Can you only get the medal of honour[victoria cross] if you are injured in real life?
Say someone saves a load of POW's and gets out uninjured and manages to kill 25 enemy soldiers?
the requirements are doing something brave, not getting injured. Otherwise i wouldve gotten a few for all those cuts i have from chopping my food
ShowMeTheMonkey
+125|6694

[TP~Bravo]Wiggy wrote:

Lol true true.. why dont the presidents etc just hold world wars/wars on bf2 instead.. :p
That's what I think. Imagine if the whole of world war two had been fought over a gian "Worms 2" match! Itt would have been quicker, cheaper and no one gets hurt! (Apart from Churchill when Hitler loses and throws his mouse at him
In real life I defibulated a guy who got shot in the face with a PKM.
mr.widdim
The Second Apostle Of Chuy
+78|6697|Flaming_Maniac = pwnd.

I think he wanted us to make some situations up... but we are all too lazy. Lol.
Trigger_Happy_92
Uses the TV missle too much
+394|6641

iPoon.be wrote:

Trigger_Happy_92 wrote:

snnnnoooooreeeeee

good point

why are you on the forums btw?
im warming up >.< hahaha
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6753

DaVeWaVe wrote:

some funny comparisons :p
i agree some players do think bf2 is supposed to emlate realism on the battlefield. But when you actually do this in real life, then its a totally different story, one thing is that you wont have a mini map in the corner of your screen, nor will you have the chance to blame the commander for artillarying your ass :p.
But the bullet sound when it hits the wall next to you or the "wizz" of the bullet past your head is pretty damn accurate.
iPoon.be
Internet Poon
+145|6521|Belgium

mr.widdim wrote:

I think he wanted us to make some situations up... but we are all too lazy. Lol.
Its a cheesy attempt to gather karma..
flyinhawaiian91
+13|6633|cali usa
no life?
HeadShotAK47
Hand's shaken' / Heart's beatn' / Still Shootin'
+32|6718|Ft. Laudy, FL, USA
The second scenario is so true LMAO
elmo1337
Banned
+186|6551|The real world
Care for real life
Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6641|South Korea.
First couple were halirious, then it got a bit to real.
elmo1337
Banned
+186|6551|The real world

Citizen One wrote:

First couple were halirious, then it got a bit to real.
OMFG do you really live in korea? OMFG CAN I TOUCH YOU??

[edit] oh noez u live in uk, but your still korean, CAN I TOUCH YOU???

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard