yerded
Bertinator
+255|6635|Westminster, California
Alright.
https://i6.tinypic.com/121y9zp.jpg
I see that there are a lot of younger users on this forum.
As a seasoned citizen I thought it would be fitting to offer this;
NOOB'S GUIDE TO REAL LIFE FOR YOUNGSTERS

TIME IS THE GREAT EQUALIZER
See that skinny kid who looks kinda like a wet mouse? He could be the next Bill Gates, Ultimate Fighter champion or the man who discovers the cure for  cancer. Pimple faced, snot nosed mommas boyz is who will end up signing your paycheck if your not careful. Do not under estimate anyone.

NO MATTER WHERE YOU ARE THATS WHERE YOU ARE
People are born to certain things in life. Not everyone has the same talents. Find your niche and exploit it. Don't knock the 35 year old managing a McDonald's; he may have a hot wife and make $100,000.00 per year and be totally stoked.

YOUR NOT WHO YOU THINK YOU ARE
That thing between your legs isn't just a spigot and joystik, it floods your brain with testosterone which is pr oven to make people  insane until they reach maturity. Notice I didn't say adulthood (18), I said maturity (35).  You may think you've got it all figured out at 19 but, should you survive you will be surprised at how foolish you are now. Some of the "axioms" you claim now may seems fallacy later.

NO MATTER WHERE YOU ARE THATS WHO YOU ARE
Your pretty much spat outta your momma a finished package ( discounting abuse ). If as a child, you always stole your friends toys, pulled girls hair and flunked school your destined to be  an asshole. If your into dolls as a boy, your likely gay. These things are predetermined and hence not a sound basis for evaluating the qualities of a fellow human being. Your opinions on politics and such may change as you grow older, your emotional reaction to input never will.

LIFE IS WHAT YOU GIVE TO IT
Want love; be loving. Want money; offer value. Want pain; be a pain.

LIFE IS SHORTER THAN YOU CAN IMAGINE.
Whatever your  going through that feels bad will surely fade away. Good and bad luck comes in cycles. Suicide is the most terrible thing a living being can do in most circumstances. Seize the day, live for the moment.
Those that agree may address me in your response as yerdaddy.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6718|California

bb code doesnt work in titles
Darky
Hi..
+71|6560|Here.
Nice post!
ericcartmanisbest
+24|6538|GREAT Britain
is 35 the set age for maturity? is that ur portrait at 35? if im not me who am i? what is the meaning of life? why cant i remember my pin number? lol just kidding. nice post, im in my mid twenties and i sure as hell know i dont know everything, absolutely no where near, lol. i mean i know u need to tell teens they dont know best all the time, but they will never listen, its a never ending cycle, my elders told me when i was younger, my elders elders told them when they were younger etc. point is kids are never gonna listen cus they think they know best
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6758|San Antonio, Texas

ericcartmanisbest wrote:

what is the meaning of life?
ericcartmanisbest
+24|6538|GREAT Britain
42? lol, so when im 42 im the meaning of life ?
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6758|San Antonio, Texas
Have you ever watched "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"?
Sniper926
Bullet Magnet
+14|6561|A good vantage point...

yerded wrote:

As a seasoned citizen I thought it would be fitting to offer this
Man, how old ARE you ??? You make it sound like you're 70 !!!

Nice post, yerded...oops, I mean yerdaddy...
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6696

yerded wrote:

Alright.
http://i6.tinypic.com/121y9zp.jpg
I see that there are a lot of younger users on this forum.
As a seasoned citizen I thought it would be fitting to offer this;
NOOB'S GUIDE TO REAL LIFE FOR YOUNGSTERS

TIME IS THE GREAT EQUALIZER
See that skinny kid who looks kinda like a wet mouse? He could be the next Bill Gates, Ultimate Fighter champion or the man who discovers the cure for  cancer. Pimple faced, snot nosed mommas boyz is who will end up signing your paycheck if your not careful. Do not under estimate anyone.

NO MATTER WHERE YOU ARE THATS WHERE YOU ARE
People are born to certain things in life. Not everyone has the same talents. Find your niche and exploit it. Don't knock the 35 year old managing a McDonald's; he may have a hot wife and make $100,000.00 per year and be totally stoked.

YOUR NOT WHO YOU THINK YOU ARE
That thing between your legs isn't just a spigot and joystik, it floods your brain with testosterone which is pr oven to make people  insane until they reach maturity. Notice I didn't say adulthood (18), I said maturity (35).  You may think you've got it all figured out at 19 but, should you survive you will be surprised at how foolish you are now. Some of the "axioms" you claim now may seems fallacy later.

Your pretty much spat outta your momma a finished package ( discounting abuse ). If as a child, you always stole your friends toys, pulled girls hair and flunked school your destined to be  an asshole. If your into dolls as a boy, your likely gay. These things are predetermined and hence not a sound basis for evaluating the qualities of a fellow human being. Your opinions on politics and such may change as you grow older, your emotional reaction to input never will.

LIFE IS WHAT YOU GIVE TO IT
Want love; be loving. Want money; offer value. Want pain; be a pain.

LIFE IS SHORTER THAN YOU CAN IMAGINE.
Whatever your  going through that feels bad will surely fade away. Good and bad luck comes in cycles. Suicide is the most terrible thing a living being can do in most circumstances. Seize the day, live for the moment.
Those that agree may address me in your response as yerdaddy.
Age dosn't determine maturity as well.
yerded
Bertinator

A post Marconius made the other day got me thinking about mortality.
Plus I have two kids and thats a real eye opener as you watch them become citizens.

Last edited by yerded (2006-06-07 21:50:41)

PspRpg-7
-
+961|6696

Oh and who negged me for 'you asshole?' I'd really like to know.
OpsChief
+101|6674|Southern California

yerded wrote:

yerded, I was with ya until this paragraph, lol, pop psychology slipped in here. 

If you stole toys as a kid you were unsupervised or lacked a moral value system and that is not an absolute predeterminer for adult behavior, unless you give it power and believe it is. If you played with dolls it depends on why and what you did that may indicate later choices. Chemicals WILL change your brain so watch it, education and the empirical walk will if you let them.

It used to be royal blood that kept people down, next were some religious doctrine and now politically motivated science keeps you in place. Pure bovine scatology. There is no significant body of undisputed evidence to support a locked and loaded life at birth. Science has shown us your life may be predispositioned via DNA but you and your environment are the ones throwing the switches from day 1. What is in your DNA is everything behind you and none of what is ahead, at any given time. What you value will determine your future as much as it can be influenced. Habits are the software of humanity and can be programmed and reprogrammed. The single most important skill to learn is willpower. EVERYTHING you do or fail to do follows your willpower.

The brain can be programmed with as few as one extreme or traumatic experience, several repetitions of information, intense comprehensive visualizations, and/or habitual activity. So what you imagine or visualize yourself doing is what you will tend to do. Choose well.

At no point did I say it would be easy.

Last edited by OpsChief (2006-06-07 21:40:20)

yerded
Bertinator
Thank you.
I was trying to state my contrary ( to my reputation as a crazed right wing fanatic  ) view that I DO believe that all men are create equal. It's part of the profound genius of our founding documents that make me rather fanatically pro freedom.
     I was a little rushed, and have decided not to edit that risky post, unless you submit something profound  in the same format. Kind of a ...noob guide.  But if I were to edit I would have added;

HABITS YOU MAKE AS A YOUNG MAN WILL FOLLOW YOU THE REST OF YOUR LIFE
Being a drug addict and drunk are NOT cool. Glamorous, inticing and addictive, but not wise. The things like tobacco that you do now as a young man are setting a precedent and may become habits that will hound you like a cruel slave master.

PspRpg-7 wrote:

Age doesn't determine maturity as well.
Yes it does. At 35 if you haven't figured out certain things your doomed, as you can no longer plead youthful ignorance.

Last edited by yerded (2006-06-07 22:04:32)

PspRpg-7
-
+961|6696

yerded wrote:

Thank you.
I was trying to state my contrary ( to my reputation as a crazed right wing fanatic  ) view that I DO believe that all men are create equal. It's part of the profound genius of our founding documents that make me rather fanatically pro freedom.
     I was a little rushed, and have decided not to edit that risky post, unless you submit something profound  in the same format. Kind of a ...noob guide.  But if I were to edit I would have added;

HABITS YOU MAKE AS A YOUNG MAN WILL FOLLOW YOU THE REST OF YOUR LIFE
Being a drug addict and drunk are NOT cool. Glamorous, inticing and addictive, but not wise. The things like tobacco that you do now as a young man are setting a precedent and may become habits that will hound you like a cruel slave master.

PspRpg-7 wrote:

Age doesn't determine maturity as well.
Yes it does. At 35 if you haven't figured out certain things your doomed, as you can no longer plead youthful ignorance.
Yes true, but for instance a 16 year old could be as mature as a 35 year old and be respected, while a 35 year old has the maturity of a 16 year old is the opposite.
blackcracka
+18|6768
Interesting post. Everyone has something to learn about live, even 'yerded'.
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6654|Brisbane, Australia

I find the only relevent one is the one about time

I am just waiting to graduate, so I can see all the jocks being stuck in shit jobs, serving my burger or bagging my grocerys!!

Woot for school!
yerded
Bertinator
that's because
"I am just waiting to graduate,"
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6654|Brisbane, Australia

Indeed
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6643
speaking of old people playing games
http://oghc.blogspot.com/2006/02/electr … names.html
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6670|Colorado
Nice guide, to bad they wont listen until its too late.
Jinto-sk
Laid Back Yorkshireman
+183|6589|Scarborough Yorkshire England
Nice post dude agree. 30 for me next and I still haven't matured
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6559

yerded wrote:

People are born to certain things in life.
I thought that in America you can be whatever you want to be if you work hard enough?
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6714

Bubbalo wrote:

yerded wrote:

People are born to certain things in life.
I thought that in America you can be whatever you want to be if you work hard enough?
only if u have a rich daddy (think paris hilton!)
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
-Solv3r-
Heia den som vinner!
+115|6555|Oslo, Norway
I'm so glad I'm still young!

You seem a bit... Miserable...
yerded
Bertinator
Nope, you whippersnapper.
My day just got better with the news.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard