Tetn1s
+59|6665|Los Angeles
I was thinking, since assault class in kind of useless in getting any extra points instead of killing. Why not use this?

Everytime you kill with a assault gun, you get

2+ for the kill
1+ teamwork for a kill since your assualt.

this make it 3 points per kill as an assualt instead of two because the primary objective for the assault class is to eliminate solders.

Like the idea?
Dont?

Share your opinions please.

Last edited by Ned_Z (2006-05-30 22:14:27)

Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6656|USA
no...assault has the best gun in the game G3
JaMDuDe
+69|6800
Assualt isnt uselesss. You just dont know how to use it.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6716
lol yeah right. People would get so many points. Assault can shread through infantry. On a normal day i can get at least 25 kills a round with assault.
Tetn1s
+59|6665|Los Angeles
More opinions please?
Darky
Hi..
+71|6585|Here.
How about assault players do what they should and be at the front of the lines capping the flags and pushing the enemy back. They're called assault for that very reason.
Thumper04
"So there I was..."
+7|6651|Floriduh

Ned_Z wrote:

I was thinking, since assault class in kind of useless. Why not use this?

2+ for the kill

this make it 3 points per kill as an assualt instead of two because the primary objective for the assault class is to eliminate solders.

Like the idea?
Dont?

No. IMHO not one of the kits is useless, when played properly. Just because you can't use it dosen't mean it's useless.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6743|California

lol. considering you can still bunnyhop and GL fire, its still effective.

and to top it off, G3 owns faces
buttered noodle
+16|6669|ohio

Ned_Z wrote:

I was thinking, since assault class in kind of useless. Why not use this?

2+ for the kill

Like the idea?
Dont?

you just cant kill with anything, .7 K/D at almost 40,000 points, work on it mr medic whore
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6730|67.222.138.85
I would play it alot more if I could get some stupid pkm whores to drop me a bag every once in a while.
iCeMaN[USA]
+82|6598|Eastern USA
If they were to change anything about the assault kit it would have to be reasonable... like allow them to sprint as much as medics even though they have extra armor.  That would make the assault kit fast and effective instead of being so slow.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6713|Tampa Bay Florida
Well, I have to say it would make the Assault kit much more popular.  Seeing as how there is no real "skill" involved in healing and reviving others as a medic, so to speak, it would really be fair for Assault to get an extra bonus point.  It'd be cheesy, but it would really level the global score economy between the Assault and Medic kits, if you know what I mean. 

But what I think they should do instead is taking revive out of the game.  It's bullsh*t, it offers too many(waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many) points to Medics.  I mean, why should a Medic get 2x as many points as me for clicking on dead bodies?  Now, if there was any SKILL involved in reviving, then sure, give them the 2 points.  But they are over-compensated right now.  I never thought it would be possible to "Medic whore" but I was wrong .

I gotta say though, Assault kit isn't useless. At all.

Last edited by Spearhead (2006-05-30 20:32:38)

{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6601|Florida

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

I would play it alot more if I could get some stupid pkm whores to drop me a bag every once in a while.
remember though, ammo is not their responsibility "its just me and my gun, nothing else".

I personally love playing as assault....yeah i know i can pretty much do the same with medic....but then i just have more responsibility such as reviving, throwing out medic packs to people.  Whereas with assault, i just go and shoot....thats it
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6701|Middle of nowhere

iCeMaN[USA] wrote:

If they were to change anything about the assault kit it would have to be reasonable... like allow them to sprint as much as medics even though they have extra armor.  That would make the assault kit fast and effective instead of being so slow.
i second this idea!! I've always thought that Assault didn't really have any special ability. i mean think about it:

Anti-Tank: Rocket Launchers, most powerful shotgun in the game
Engineer: AT mines, wrench
Medic: Med packs, shock-paddles
Spec-Ops: C4, Carbines (IMO the best guns in the game... don't use 'em much, but i still like them)
Support: Ammo Bags, powerful guns
Sniper: Claymores, sniper rifles
Assault: Grenade Launcher.... and that's it

yes, Assault can get Flash Bangs, and they always have A smoke grenade... but the flash bangs are kind of useless as it's hard to hit people with them, and the smoke grenades don't really have much of a hiding factor... just sort of a little distraction...

i'd say if they got a bigger sprint, that'd be awesome!
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6743|California

they have smoke/flashbangs too
Tetn1s
+59|6665|Los Angeles
I ment that assault didnt have anything else to score extra points instead of killing... I mean, i play assault about everyday in BF2 now and i cant rack up top 3 because medics have all those teamwork points. Since assault kits have the responsibility to just kill infantry. I thought maybe assault people can get more even with the rest of the kits by maybe adding a 3+ points for a kill instead of 2+.

Its still you guys opinion. Keep them coming!
Sniper926
Bullet Magnet
+14|6586|A good vantage point...

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

I'm with you...resupply every now and then would be nice...or if Assault started out with more clips or more bullets in their clips...anything to eliminate the ammo problem...I quite like Assault the Assault kit tho and I'm working on playing it more often.

But the increased points would definitely be a good idea as an incentive...I mean, kill enemies is what Assault does !!! That's their job.

@ Spearhead - steady on with the Medic bagging too...! While in your opinion there may not be any skill in "clicking on dead bodies", they're obviously dead for a reason so part of the skill is making sure the area is clear of enemies so the team mates can be revivied without being fragged again...(yes, I'm one of the few that doesn't just blindly run in and revive anyone lying on the ground as soon as I see them...).
I quite like playing Medic myself and anything I can do to help other players keep their K/D ratios respectable is fine by me...the teamwork points are a bonus - I just wish poor old Assault kit got recognised a little better too...

Last edited by Sniper926 (2006-05-30 22:34:15)

DarkNova
+7|6607
IMO, what EA/DICE shouldn't do was adding the delay time for grenade launcher. I think it was fine the way it used to be.  I don't use assault as much as I used to because of that. People who are complaining about getting "noob tubed" are just pure noobs who can't make kills or who can't take few rounds of beating. That goes to dolphing diving/bunny hopping as well. If you get killed by GL, don't be a whinning bitch. Accept the fact that it's a specialty for assault kit and it's part of the game. What you can do is pick the same kit and do the same thing instead of whinning of how cheap the weapon is.

Just my 2 cents
Darky
Hi..
+71|6585|Here.

DarkNova wrote:

IMO, what EA/DICE shouldn't do was adding the delay time for grenade launcher. I think it was fine the way it used to be.  I don't use assault as much as I used to because of that. People who are complaining about getting "noob tubed" are just pure noobs who can't make kills or who can't take few rounds of beating. That goes to dolphing diving/bunny hopping as well. If you get killed by GL, don't be a whinning bitch. Accept the fact that it's a specialty for assault kit and it's part of the game. What you can do is pick the same kit and do the same thing instead of whinning of how cheap the weapon is.

Just my 2 cents
Go have a read on what the M203 and equivalent weapons are REALLY like and tell me what EA did wasnt a smart move.

Just FYI, the 203 has a minimum arming distance of something like 15 feet. That means if it lands on the ground near a target within that 15 feet, it wont do anything. There is also RELOAD time involved.

Go have a look what Nova and AA did with the 203. They had it down pat.
Darky
Hi..
+71|6585|Here.

Ned_Z wrote:

I ment that assault didnt have anything else to score extra points instead of killing... I mean, i play assault about everyday in BF2 now and i cant rack up top 3 because medics have all those teamwork points. Since assault kits have the responsibility to just kill infantry. I thought maybe assault people can get more even with the rest of the kits by maybe adding a 3+ points for a kill instead of 2+.

Here's an idea: Cap some flags. Get in a squad, and move with them around the map, capping flags. Remember, if you do >50% damage to a player and someone else kills him thats 1 point to you, even though you missed out on the kill.

So say for example you join a squad of 4 peeps. You all arrive at hte flag in generally the same time. On the way in you kill 2 people, and severely wound another. That's already 5 points before the flag. Then you help neutralise, and then cap the flag. That's another 2 points. Already you're up to 7 points for very little work. Then say on the way out, a few enemies, maybe a squad attack the flag you've just helped cap. Out of the 5 players attacking you and your squad, you kill 3 and wound 1. That's another 7 points. Now you're up to 14 points and that's just 1 flag.
Longbow
+163|6670|Odessa, Ukraine
I play assault mostly . Yeh , first time after 1.20 it seemed to be nerfed , but now I'm proud to be among pro's who still plays assault kit . It pwnz , nuf to add .

p/s My stats tells I play mostly medic , but 70% as a medic I spent in choper
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6701|Middle of nowhere

Darky wrote:

Ned_Z wrote:

Here's an idea: Cap some flags. Get in a squad, and move with them around the map, capping flags. Remember, if you do >50% damage to a player and someone else kills him thats 1 point to you, even though you missed out on the kill.

So say for example you join a squad of 4 peeps. You all arrive at hte flag in generally the same time. On the way in you kill 2 people, and severely wound another. That's already 5 points before the flag. Then you help neutralise, and then cap the flag. That's another 2 points. Already you're up to 7 points for very little work. Then say on the way out, a few enemies, maybe a squad attack the flag you've just helped cap. Out of the 5 players attacking you and your squad, you kill 3 and wound 1. That's another 7 points. Now you're up to 14 points and that's just 1 flag.
that's a good point, but how often does that really happen?
PCShooterNoob
+22|6563|Florida
Assault isn't useless by any standard, it's my most played kit, but it could still stand an upgrade...or at least a denerfing.  Say what you want about how they "shred through infantry"  but that's BS.  With all the patching, the Support guns have barely more recoil than the assault upgrades when fired in bursts, and are more powerful, have a faster firing rate, and obviously, a bigger clip capacity.  And the Medic assault rifles are essentially superior in every way...the L-85 has high recoil, but it's also excellently scoped and is a one-shot headshot kill.  And the G36E?  Well, have you used it?  It's a beast...deadly accurate with insignificant recoil.  The whole point of assault is to be the BEST infantry killer in the game, and it's good, but when the support and medic guns are superior in the right hands, there's not a lot of points.  Grenade launchers and flashbangs are nice, but not as nice as healing, reviving, and unlimited ammo with better gun.

And i don't know what everyone's going on about the G3 for.  It's got power, yeah, but no more than the support upgrades...and it's got about the same recoil, the worst of any assault rifle in the game, and only 20 shots in a clip, not to mention the lack of underslung grenade launcher.  Though often times hand grenades are better anyway.  It works pretty well on close quarter city maps, but that's about it.  At longer ranges, most others guns'll best ya in a heartbeat.  Even at close quarters, the support guns will run you down with no trouble.

Last edited by PCShooterNoob (2006-06-01 21:41:01)

FriiginChomper
+41|6724
Why is assualt useless without the noob toob? the noob toob wasnt cool anyway. assualt has very good weapons and heave armor. it is made for taking on infantry, if you dont like taking on infantry then its not for you. i play assualt alot and i like it ak-101 is sweet. and F2000 aint bad either. i dont really like the G3A3 but w/e i <3 assualt
MURcarnage
CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL!
+86|6681|San Francisco, CA
assault is awesome. just because you suck with them doesn't mean everyone else sucks with them.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard