Des.Kmal
+917|6620|Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Here is one of the many, but I just have to say something.
I think I might have reqested about 200 vehicles.

I might have gotten one or two. That pisses me off. I did however see many on the rooftops. Let the people use them, you(commander) dont get poitns for killing people anyway. Let your team use them goshdammit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/rant
Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal
NZWAR
+9|6598
ha ha ive seen that too. or many on the carriers, races on the airstrips
Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6635|USA
yea...commanders are pussies. its like supply crates
Des.Kmal
i might have got one, out of 200, it pisses me off sooooo much. i want a damn vehicle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
comet241
+164|6767|Normal, IL
i played 1.3 tonight for the first time, been on vacation. i played commander for a couple hours and i did indeed try and give vehicles almost every time they were requested.... however, i noticed that EA messed up big time with the vehicle dropping. i killed at least 4 or 5 enemies every round by dropping vehicles on them, and in one round got 9!!! thats not even right!!!! people bitched and moaned about how unrealistic the game is and every time EA gave in a changed things...... then they introduce a vehicle dropping from the sky anywhere on the map, crushing all in it's path!?!?!?! ea.... WTF......
Point&Shoot
Tank Whore
+52|6549|Canada
I don't know, dropping vehicles on guys will get old pretty quick I would think.  Technically you can do it with a supply crate, but I've never seen it done.  And there still are a few guys out there that do their job as commander.  I know that if you got someone at the helm who's trying it can really make  a difference in the round.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6722|California

i spent a whole round giving them to a squad on the carrier on wake, soo many roadkills
drepamig
+3|6650|Escanaba, MI
Vehicles can now easily blow up arty, especially when they're in the upright position. Especially when you can "reload" them every 20 seconds, it takes no time to take out arty.

[sarcasm]It's good they have vehicle drops now and removed the squad hopping/cycling exploit![/sarcasm]
NoS
karma padder
+13|6628|UK

Naughty_Om wrote:

yea...commanders are pussies. its like supply crates
except killing people with supply crates actually took a bit skill. now i can just call in a vehicle drop, forget arty, the vodnik is now the most powerful weapon in the game. it takes one hit to kill everything except for a tank (but you may get lucky).
w00stafa
Krylov Whore
+35|6560|AK101 Factory
you can take arty out with one jeep :]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrgJHNl9mao

only managed to do it once though
JaM3z
Banned
+311|6712
ya i made a post about that: here is my uber 1337 blowing up arty with humvee, i did it as soon as i patched lol i wanted to balence it and it blew up!

http://media.putfile.com/vehicle-drop-madness
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6651|Washington DC

Kmal1 wrote:

I did however see many on the rooftops. Let the people use them, you(commander) dont get poitns for killing people anyway. Let your team use them goshdammit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't speak for every commander, but when I command one of my activities is taking out snipers ... typically I would use artillery, assuming that the sniper is removed from friendlies (or spot the sniper if my team is in proximity).

But, the vehicle drops are deadly accurate AND they can be used when friendlies are in the vicinity.  I've been able to take out snipers with very high precision.  So, perhaps the rooftop vehicles are really evidence that your commander is helping the team. 
Des.Kmal

OrangeHound wrote:

Kmal1 wrote:

I did however see many on the rooftops. Let the people use them, you(commander) dont get poitns for killing people anyway. Let your team use them goshdammit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't speak for every commander, but when I command one of my activities is taking out snipers ... typically I would use artillery, assuming that the sniper is removed from friendlies (or spot the sniper if my team is in proximity).

But, the vehicle drops are deadly accurate AND they can be used when friendlies are in the vicinity.  I've been able to take out snipers with very high precision.  So, perhaps the rooftop vehicles are really evidence that your commander is helping the team. 
Or wasting a vehicle, I could have just as easily taken teh sniper out with my sniper... but no!!!! He had to use a frigin jeep to do it. Pussy....

Anyway, I just think the commanders should use it for the people who are good with vehiucles... Not me, but still, it is nice to have a vehicle to go through the map fast.
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6651|Washington DC

Kmal1 wrote:

Or wasting a vehicle, I could have just as easily taken teh sniper out with my sniper... but no!!!! He had to use a frigin jeep to do it. Pussy....

Anyway, I just think the commanders should use it for the people who are good with vehiucles... Not me, but still, it is nice to have a vehicle to go through the map fast.
More often than not, I can spend all round spotting snipers and my team won't counter-sniper.  I guess they feel that they have better things to do.  Yet, that sniper will be regularly picking off guys as they try to take a flag ... shooting ducks in a pond.  So, yea, I feel that I need to take that sniper out.

WRT vehicles.  First, they explode if not used in 30 seconds ... second, the commander has two of them.  And, frankly there aren't but perhaps 5 genuine opportunities in a round to take out snipers.  So, there should be plenty of vehicles to satisfy requests.

But if your commander is raining vehicles indescriminantly (and this sounds like what you are talking about)  then he is making a poor use of resources.
LT.Victim
+1,175|6565|British Columbia, Canada
I call it "Cartillery"
Darth_Fleder
Mod from the Church of the Painful Truth
+533|6808|Orlando, FL - Age 43
Just as a side note, the commander can only have two vehicles dropped on the map at any given time. I noticed that after I had dropped two FAV's on the carrier at Wake they vehicle drop bar would not reload intil they were destroyed.
beerface702
+65|6695|las vegas
this why i laugh when people worry so much about this...1 out of 10 comm;s might abuse the power of drop...most wont even use it

move on...

i cant get a drop usually if my life depended on it
mporlier
+42|6642|Montreal, Canada
Car drop changed my way of playing as a sniper. First, I am scared of them dropping on me. What I found this week-end is commanders using them properly. What was my surprise when He ordered me to attack the Hotel in Gulf of Oman when I was sniping the river fort! Right away I thinking refuse the order but here comes the ride out of the sky!!! This commander knew what he was doing. Now, how can I refuse his order? I would look foolish later in the game asking for re suply. This scenario happened many times and I found myself going for it.

The result? I caped more flags than I usually do. I am a long distance sniper and never go for flags. This week-end I got closer and enjoyed it.

Thank you patch 1.3
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6568|England

I personally think that a lot of people are making a big fuss out of nothing with these vehicle drops. Yes, we have all tried (including myself) dropping jeeps onto enemy snipers/tanks/helis/jets/troops/commander/cranes - but it soon wears off.
Ive played commander a few times since 1.3 (after getting it to work) and only really dropped jeeps onto enemies in the first few times I tried it. I soon began to realise, that if you dropped it - and they moved (for whatever reason) - then you have just given your enemy a free jeep, curteousy of a dumbass commander
Which resulted a few times, in them taking that jeep and going for a flag (ok, they got arty on them as soon as they got there...but that could have been better spent elsewhere).

Yes, it can be fun - but as the week has passed since 1.3 was released and more people have played and adapted to it - so are more people asking for vehicle drops. Even if they dont, I drop em near teammates to help them get around the map, whether they use it or not. At the end of the day, its better to drop em for your team rather than risk hitting a lone sniper, only for it to miss (or kill him) and another enemy then use that jeep. Its hindering your own team and helping the opposing team - completely the opposite of what a commander is supposed to be doing.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard