Breez
AKA: badhq
+937|6625|Derby, England

https://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/verkleidung/costumed-smiley-019.gifOk here is what I found  this might fixit for sum. If none workes below then ultimate option would be this thred
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=26078

Please use above link only if the rest under here don't work

if you changed name of yur BF2.exe to sumthing ells change it back to BF2.exe or it will crash.

First off Install full patch not "incremet" ( this should fix most of the problems )
Update Punkbuster After new patch ( full install ) update your PB, you can find out how to auto update PB in general chat section of this forums ( titled top 10 tweak guids )

To steps above should fix the problems also found this on other forums that might help 

1. I found this sorted, my problems out, alternatively you just need to switch your PC to run with just 1 cpu (in window task manager, right click BF2.exe, select affinity- deselect one of the cpu's and away you go!)

2.If that dont work dude, try turning Hyperthreading off in your BIOS. Done the trick for me, I had the exact same problem.
I dont have Dual processors though but if the above post don't work give it a bash.

3.Video settings check make sure they set to low ( only for now just to see if it helps our problem )

4.People getting a CTD when they hit 'Join Game' should be able to connect by using the  ESC button instead.( tip by ptegan )

if any of it fails reinsatalling game with full ptach and full PB update will fix your problems.

Whup-ass wrote:

theDude5B wrote:

still getting the same graphical/software lag as i started getting with 1.22. The game loads fine, get to the server list and starts to load the servers in groups of 20 and is really slow. then when i finally join a game, i cant play it because there seems to be a lot of graphical lag.
Hi!

I'm not usually the one to write on forums like this, but I had the same kind of error/problem for a while, and I managed to solve it! Don't know if this will help you out, but here goes:

I have Mcafee firewall installed. I always disable it when I play BF2. I too had some trouble with the latest (1.22) patch. The game would totally lag in multiplayer, but worked just fine in singleplayer.

The solution: Mcafee firewall, even though disabled, didn't know of me patching BF2. I never approved BF2 for network access in Mcafee. When I reactivated the firewall, and started BF2, the firewall prompted for what to do with BF2. I allowed it network access, and the lag was gone! Now there is no problems any longer with my firewall (or BF2). The "funny" thing is the amount of lag (200+ms) I experienced when the firewall was DISABLED. Once the firewall knew of BF2, there is no problem with it, even when it is disabled!

kilroy0097 wrote:

Some more advice on what it might be. At least this worked for me for my crashes.

With installation of 1.3 I immediately continued to crash to desktop after clicking join while getting onto a map.

A full install of BF2 and Repatch with 1.3 and Punkbuster update all did not help in my situation. Continued to crash a minute or so into a game.

I then updated my Catalyst to 6.5 from ATI for my video card and also upgraded my Soundcard Audigy 2 ZS driver. After updating both of these the crashing soon after the join on a map has stopped.

I have not played the game in long enough stints to know if the previous normal random crashing I had experienced is still there or not.

REMEMBER TO UPDATE VIDEO AND AUDIO DRIVERS BEFORE REINSTALLING

UnOriginalNuttah wrote:

Okay people, I've done a full diff between the all of the files after running the incremental and full.

I had about 10 CTDs after the incremental, and tried clearing my profile, changing settings, clearing caches, and everything I could think of.  The last resort was to apply to full patch, but I snapshotted the whole bf2 folder before and after so at least I could try and find out if the incremental wasn't patching properly.  The result was (apart from lots of file deletions which were left after the diff) there is one file different:

Here's the diff for techy people:

diff -r Battlefield 2/makeMiniMap.con Copy (2) of Battlefield 2/makeMiniMap.con
22,23d21
< varExec v_minCulldist = renderer.minCulldistance
<
43d40
< renderer.minCullDistance 2000
48c45
< renderer.makeTopWorldScreen 512 miniMap 0/300/0 2048
---
> renderer.makeTopWorldScreen 512 miniMap 0/500/0 2048
73,74d69
< renderer.minCulldistance v_minCulldist
<

If you are getting the CTD after the incremental, you could try updating this file AT YOUR OWN RISK and see if it fixes the problem.  Here's the version included in the full:

Code:

rem *** makeMiniMap.con ***

rem *** store settings ***
varExec v_drawObjects = renderer.drawObjects
varExec v_drawBundledMeshes = renderer.drawBundledMeshes
varExec v_drawStaticMeshes = renderer.drawStaticMeshes
varExec v_drawSkyDome = renderer.drawSkyDome
varExec v_drawRoads = renderer.drawRoads
varExec v_drawTerrain = renderer.drawTerrain
varExec v_drawNametags = renderer.drawNametags
varExec v_drawTrees = renderer.drawTrees
varExec v_drawHud = renderer.drawHud
varExec v_drawFps = renderer.drawFps
varExec v_drawBoundingSpheres = renderer.drawBoundingSpheres
varExec v_drawLightSources = renderer.drawLightSources
varExec v_drawLightSourceOpacity = renderer.drawLightSourceOpacity
varExec v_drawConsole = renderer.drawConsole
varExec v_perPixelRenderingDistance = staticMeshRenderer.perPixelRenderingDistance
varExec v_fogStartAndEnd = renderer.fogStartAndEnd
varExec v_dynamicShadows = shadowManager.dynamicShadowsEnabled
varExec v_minCulldist = renderer.minCulldistance

rem *** setup for miniMap ***
renderer.drawObjects 1
renderer.drawBundledMeshes 1
renderer.drawStaticMeshes 1
renderer.drawSkyDome 0
renderer.drawRoads 1
renderer.drawTerrain 1
renderer.drawNametags 0
renderer.drawTrees 0
renderer.drawHud 0
renderer.drawFps 0
renderer.drawBoundingSpheres 0
renderer.drawLightSources 0
renderer.drawLightSourceOpacity 0
renderer.drawConsole 0
rem renderer.fogStartAndEnd 1000/1000
shadowManager.dynamicShadowsEnabled 0
renderer.minCullDistance 2000

staticMeshRenderer.perPixelRenderingDistance 1000

renderer.makeTopWorldScreen 512 miniMap 0/300/0 2048

aiDebug.draw 0

rem *** reset settings ***
renderer.drawObjects v_drawObjects
renderer.drawBundledMeshes v_drawBundledMeshes
renderer.drawStaticMeshes v_drawStaticMeshes
renderer.drawSkyDome v_drawSkyDome
renderer.drawRoads v_drawRoads
renderer.drawTerrain v_drawTerrain
renderer.drawNametags v_drawNametags
renderer.drawTrees v_drawTrees
renderer.drawHud v_drawHud
renderer.drawFps v_drawFps
renderer.drawBoundingSpheres v_drawBoundingSpheres
renderer.drawLightSources v_drawLightSources
renderer.drawLightSourceOpacity v_drawLightSourceOpacity
renderer.drawConsole v_drawConsole
renderer.fogStartAndEnd v_fogStartAndEnd
staticMeshRenderer.perPixelRenderingDistance v_perPixelRenderingDistance
shadowManager.dynamicShadowsEnabled v_dynamicShadows
renderer.minCulldistance v_minCulldist
EDIT: I've had 10+ successful joins with no CTDs so far.  I'll edit this post if I get a CTD.

I'm going to try changing back to the old file and see if it CTDs.
This should help few of you Enjoy

Peace Boris

Last edited by badhq (2006-05-26 06:25:09)

liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6620|UK
nice post - should stop some of the 'my bf2 keeps crashing' threads

PS, is there any need for number 4?... Looks pretty similar to the start of the post

What the hell.. someone just gave me a -1 for going on a knife pistol server (i quote him) "last week". FYI Mr anonymous negative karma man the only reason i go on knife pistol servers is to get in an APC and ruin there stats padding!

Last edited by liquidat0r (2006-05-24 14:49:46)

Breez
+937|6625|Derby, England

liquidat0r wrote:

nice post - should stop some of the 'my bf2 keeps crashing' threads

PS, is there any need for number 4?... Looks pritty similar to the start of the post
yea i was numbering them but relised first 2 should be them and put them on top instead of bottom forgot to remove number 4

Peace Boris
ptegan
+0|6736
Could you add :

People getting a CTD when they hit 'Join Game' should be able to connect by using the  ESC button instead.
Breez
+937|6625|Derby, England

ptegan wrote:

Could you add :

People getting a CTD when they hit 'Join Game' should be able to connect by using the  ESC button instead.
Done bro thank you

Peace Boris
Black Vaine
+43|6614|K-Town, Sweden
If you cant install the game then? Help?
Breez
+937|6625|Derby, England

Black Vaine wrote:

If you cant install the game then? Help?
you will have to remove Bf2 properly before reinstalling all it will have collision, there are steps how to fully uninstall BF2 it's in search sum where bro if you can't find it let me know and i will find it for you.

Peace Boris
claydawg
Chuck Norris' Homeboy
+85|6615|Oxford, MS
Once again, Boris to the rescue!  It just seems like a good idea to always install the full patch, I don't think I've ever used the incremental.  Props Boris!
Breez
+937|6625|Derby, England

claydawg wrote:

Once again, Boris to the rescue!  It just seems like a good idea to always install the full patch, I don't think I've ever used the incremental.  Props Boris!
You welcome if it helped bro.

Peace Boris
Teeksy90
Superior lord
+150|6619|Norway

badhq wrote:

4.People getting a CTD when they hit 'Join Game' should be able to connect by using the  ESC button instead.( tip by ptegan )
What are CTD?
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6634|Burmecia, Land of the Rain

Teeksy90 wrote:

badhq wrote:

What are CTD?
Crash To Desktop

also..

this method doesnt fix the server browser *cries*
but it stops the crashing (which i never had anyway )

Last edited by spawnofthemist (2006-05-24 07:10:07)

Breez
+937|6625|Derby, England

spawnofthemist wrote:

Teeksy90 wrote:

badhq wrote:

What are CTD?
Crash To Desktop

also..

What's wrong with your server browser? https://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/sauer/angry-smiley-035.gif

Peace Boris
Breez
+937|6625|Derby, England

Updated with Whup-ass's comment :-) peace Boris
[NTHW]LemonyBrainAid
Karma whore
+27|6615
Okay...

Fix this; It CTDs as soon as I start the game. Every time. I installed the FULL 1.3 patch.
[CANADA]_Zenmaster
Pope Picard II
+473|6738

I deleted my shaders and that fixed my CTD when I clicked join game.
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6634|Burmecia, Land of the Rain

badhq wrote:

spawnofthemist wrote:

Teeksy90 wrote:

What are CTD?
Crash To Desktop

also..

What's wrong with your server browser? http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/sauer … ey-035.gif

Peace Boris
server browser is STILL showing those the servers i know to be full as empty..
sometimes it shows 0 ping.. sometimes people have scores but no kills..
sometimes there's a stupidly high ping..

even when ordering the servers by map name it still jigs them around the server selection screen..
musical servers? i think so..
[CANADA]_Zenmaster
Pope Picard II
+473|6738

spawnofthemist wrote:

badhq wrote:

spawnofthemist wrote:

Crash To Desktop

also..

What's wrong with your server browser? http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/sauer … ey-035.gif

Peace Boris
server browser is STILL showing those the servers i know to be full as empty..
sometimes it shows 0 ping.. sometimes people have scores but no kills..
sometimes there's a stupidly high ping..

even when ordering the servers by map name it still jigs them around the server selection screen..
musical servers? i think so..
The good news is that while everyone was whining about who were these ghetto beta testers that couldn't find all these bugs before release, well....

We are the beta testers!! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE another EA wish granted! I'm so happy I think I might just CTD!
Moonraker_x29
First man on Mars
+9|6682|England, GBR
This sux.

It's laggy even on the server selction browser screen, I've not yet tried ESC to join a game, but it always CTD's when I click join server.

I fuckin loved the patches since stopping jumpin' dudes choobing. With the last being my most comfortable.

Really. WHAT NEEDED UPDATING EA? - I won't use BOTS, and I really don't think dropping a car was "ground breaking". I don't get the Red Name tag bug. I've had it like 3 times. So to me, this is pointless.

Stupid prats.

Praise on the thread. Why is it always "us" the guys WHO PAY to play who are the lab rats for EA's evil game ruining exercises?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

This game disconnects or crashes with 300% more efficiency than in previous "patches." In addition to this, every time I click on a server, it selects a completely different one. After an hour's experience with 1.3, I have to ask myself whether or not EA actually tests this shit they put out?

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-05-24 17:36:52)

GuestHead
+2|6612
Test??? psh! who tests software to see if it works? 
I honestly think they're starting to try and kill this game so people want to buy 2142.  Do they really think anyone will want to buy a new game when the current one has so many problems? 

One solution to the terrible functionality of the in game browser is to use a third party program such as All Seeing Eye to find servers and write down the IPs of a couple that look good.  The connect to IP function still works..

Also, WHERE THE HELL IS THE DAMN REFRESH BUTTON?!?!?!?
gblanco
Viva Mexico
+15|6755

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

After an hour's experience with 1.3, I have to ask myself whether or not EA actually tests this shit they put out?
They don't care to test it.
They have all of us testing it and waiting for the results.
ozweepay
+17|6557

badhq wrote:

http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/verkl … ey-019.gifOk here is what I found  this might fixit for sum

if you changed name of yur BF2.exe to sumthing ells change it back to BF2.exe or it will crash.

First off Install full patch not "incremet" ( this should fix most of the problems )
Update Punkbuster After new patch ( full install ) update your PB, you can find out how to auto update PB in general chat section of this forums ( titled top 10 tweak guids )

To steps above should fix the problems also found this on other forums that might help 

Peace Boris
I kept CTD, so I realised I did change the name of my BF2.exe, and I was also patching with incremental, with no luck. After following these recommended steps, I'm up and running again. Thanks for the info!
Majorharper
+11|6549
I also have CTD but only on co-op server
Jo Barf Creepy
+27|6552
That "peace" crap is really getting old. Still stuck in the 70's Boris?
Chuckles
+32|6540
I need some help folks.  I've done a complete reinstall, full patch download, and punkbuster update and yet it still crashes to desktop when I try to join a server.  When you say to hit ESC, when do you hit it?  When you click on the server or as the server is loading, or what? 

When you answer, speak slowly and use small words.  I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed.  Thanks in advance.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard