Aruba-Prime
[Expert Smoke Grenade]
+44|6777|Hamburg, Germany

<b|k> lukie wrote:

Enter your ping range i.e. "160" and refresh. Then remove the "160" and sort by "servername". Now servers shouldn't jump or disappear. HTH
nice i'll try later... but never refresh your favorites (you might loose them till the next login)
Dieselboy
Flicker of beans since 1986
+87|6552|Reading, Basingrad
It's a game within a game -EA call it "Bf2: Chase the Server"

It's meant to keep us entertained.......
Coot11M
+7|6669
I don't think the server list is screwed. You can no longer double click a server is basically what it comes down to. If you find a server you like and want to join, click it once, then at the bottom of the page click "join server". It's that simple. Maybe not the easiest thing to use, but, still fairly easy and simple. Either way, I expect the issue to be fixed in 1.31.

The IP/server name not showing in game does bug(no pun intended) me somewhat. Well, ok, it downright pisses me the hell off.

Taking away squad hopping has somewhat ruined infantry gameplay. Let's face it, infantry are well out gunned on every map. Squad hopping was atleast one assest infantry could use to counter balance the constant barrage of tanks, APC's, planes, choppers and artillery. Being a squad leader has almost no incentive to play anymore. A squad leader now is just a lone wolf that has to sit back and hope he isn't discovered. How much fun is that? A good commander and one scan can eliminate anybody who is hiding.
ComradeWho
+50|6697|Southern California

Coot11M wrote:

I don't think the server list is screwed. You can no longer double click a server is basically what it comes down to. If you find a server you like and want to join, click it once, then at the bottom of the page click "join server". It's that simple. Maybe not the easiest thing to use, but, still fairly easy and simple. Either way, I expect the issue to be fixed in 1.31.

The IP/server name not showing in game does bug(no pun intended) me somewhat. Well, ok, it downright pisses me the hell off.

Taking away squad hopping has somewhat ruined infantry gameplay. Let's face it, infantry are well out gunned on every map. Squad hopping was atleast one assest infantry could use to counter balance the constant barrage of tanks, APC's, planes, choppers and artillery. Being a squad leader has almost no incentive to play anymore. A squad leader now is just a lone wolf that has to sit back and hope he isn't discovered. How much fun is that? A good commander and one scan can eliminate anybody who is hiding.
no it's not that simple as you would know if you've read this thread

if you click a server once the server jumps... the server selection doesn't jump with it.. the server you meant to highlight leaps away and a new server enters the highlighted spot.
TeknoFurious
+0|6550
^^^ What he said.  It's screwed!!!
elmo1337
Banned
+186|6561|The real world
Its also weird, that in online servers I have about 2 fps, and in LAN games and Singleplayer games, my normal rate of 50 fps, damn EA
xXSarnathXx
Decepticons forever!
+25|6610|Sweden
yeah, somehow they managed to screw their allready worthless server lists. me and a friend tried to just join a game for about 35 minutes. but random crashes, servers that jumps around, servers that show players with low score but in reality its just 5 ticks left when u enter the game etc etc.

this was the worst bf experience so far, i dont understand it, doesnt Dice test the patch before release? i mean fixing the server lists should be quite easy and easy to notice for them, damnit Dice feels just like blizzard.

bloody screw-ups
Aruba-Prime
[Expert Smoke Grenade]
+44|6777|Hamburg, Germany
the just want us to use the "join now" button ..... do you remember where it is??
TF501|Rocker
+6|6576

<b|k> lukie wrote:

Enter your ping range i.e. "160" and refresh. Then remove the "160" and sort by "servername". Now servers shouldn't jump or disappear. HTH
Good one.

I have noticed that if you are sorting on ping and click a server it will change position in the list based on the ping at that time.

The solution is what Lukie here said.  Use the ping range filter and sort on server name, this will eliminate them jumping around in the list.

As for the high ping numbers, who knows, (this could explain the lagging and server disconnects on some servers. They just have intermittently high pings ??)
Coot11M
+7|6669

ComradeWho wrote:

Coot11M wrote:

if you click a server once the server jumps... the server selection doesn't jump with it.. the server you meant to highlight leaps away and a new server enters the highlighted spot.
Then please tell me how I was able to pull off exactly what I said yesterday?

Just click server name once, the highlight will disapear because the server gets refreshed in your list , then click join server and you will enter the server you clicked.

It isn't rocket science.
killjoi
+2|6664
Having same problem. Used incremental 1.22 - 1.30 patch.
killjoi
+2|6664

Coot11M wrote:

This doesn't work for me.
broncobullfrog
Extra Tender Juicy SPINY
+58|6753|The 70's

Coot11M wrote:

ComradeWho wrote:

Coot11M wrote:

Then please tell me how I was able to pull off exactly what I said yesterday?

Just click server name once, the highlight will disapear because the server gets refreshed in your list , then click join server and you will enter the server you clicked.

It isn't rocket science.
Yeah thats what ive found. (see post earlier in thread)

Last edited by broncobullfrog (2006-05-24 07:33:06)

elmo1337
Banned
+186|6561|The real world
Im downloading 1.3 full patch now, ill let you all know if that fixes it
DeadboyUSMC
+65|6701|NCFSU2
I think I might be headed back to PlanetSide...
killjoi
+2|6664
While they're fixing the server lists, why does it take so long to authenticate when logging into the game?  Sometimes I can get up from my desk and make myself a snack before I'm even at the server page.
Speelbal
+146|6754|Netherlands
I have this too....It's dumb.
elmo1337
Banned
+186|6561|The real world
Well, installed the 1.3 full patch over the current incremental 1.3, doesnt help for shit, go ea, go ea
Deety
Grammar Nazi level 4
+5|6666
Third party server browsers FTW!!!!11
san4
The Mas
+311|6690|NYC, a place to live

tip700 wrote:

how in the hell could anyone not notice such as a massive thing as the server list not working properly at all.
Exactly what I was thinking. If EA had any sense (which they do not) they would explain some of the bugs they introduce. I actually want to know how they missed it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard