Should i remove my sig

yes21%21% - 11
no78%78% - 40
Total: 51
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6801|Marathon, Florida Keys
http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/430/sigremove1uw.png

I never thought a joke off of saving private ryan would get this kind of response. Comparing a joke to a movie then comparing a movie to real life, i know it was a depiction of what really happened. Ive gotten like 15 + karma points with responses like (OMG YOUR SIG IS SO FUNNY). I never thought in my wildest dreams that i would get this. What do u guys think i should do?

Last edited by .:ronin:.|Patton (2006-05-18 16:16:30)

https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
mr.widdim
The Second Apostle Of Chuy
+78|6696|Flaming_Maniac = pwnd.

If you didn't make it/ have it made for you, then yes.

Last edited by mr.widdim (2006-05-18 16:20:47)

King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6588|Seattle

I removed my earlier sig today because some people had a problem with it. I change mine everyday though so I didn't mind. I get lots of plusses, followed by one or two negs just about every day. Some people will get offended by anything.

https://xs300.xs.to/xs300/06205/20060204FilibusterCartoons.gif
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6711|California

considering its a MOVIE, its doesnt seem that bad.
No 1 Gooner
coopj Dependant
+98|6563|England
Quality sig...oh wait should i be offended??....nah f**k it...quality sig..the real movie went on too long anyways!! lol
=TFS=DEVILS.HITMAN
+60|6639|Under the River
I think people can choose to be offended and they also hold their opinion so if that person hold there opinion then you should respect that but I personally think that your Sig is cool my dad, grandpa, grandpa all three of them died in that invasion but I choose to not take offense to it because I like you Sig and I think it is really funny.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6711|California

feel free to use some other of my pics patton
strangelove
HOBO SPIRIT
+77|6612|the side hatch
if it was real footage then perhaps i could understand someone taking offense, but its a parody of a movie AND a parody of a game

i am consistently astonished that people who play war games (especially realistic war games) feel comfortable being offended by stuff like this, if realism (i would say parody and satire but i do not think their minds can understand such things) offends you then why are you playing a game where you routinely shoot people, especially since the game is meant to mimic what is happening in the world right now?

now i am not saying that one doesnt have the right to be offended by such things, certainly everyone has the right to their opinions, BUT it is highly inconsistent when they participate in the same kinds of things that they chastise others for, that is what is called hypocrisy

to be honest, i think it all comes down to people wanting to point out that they have he right to judge people because they have some special kind of connection to the subject matter, in short, it makes them feel like a big man

i have had plenty of family members die of heart disease but it would never cross my mind to go to the Hasbro forums and tell people they are repulsive for playing "Operation"

that guy has a sniper in his sig and he's from baltimore? hope no one who knew one of the victims of the beltway sniper sees that...that is as easy as it is to criticize someone
LordDragonclaw
RPK-74 Whore
+26|6574
Seen it its funny but dont remove it.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6753

I wonder if that guy realized he is part of a "clan?"  Did he ever stop to think that some people might find the name "clan" offensive?
Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6624|USA
no...i love it. mine blows
Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6624|USA
stryyker, have u always been beating me in karma?
bullit
Tank Troll
+71|6681|London, UK
i gave some1 a negative for a sig of some dude with down syndrome and i disliked it because my uncle had  it and he passed away a few years ago
SuperSlowYo
slow as you go
+124|6551|Canaduhhh.. West Toast

bullit wrote:

i gave some1 a negative for a sig of some dude with down syndrome and i disliked it because my uncle had  it and he passed away a few years ago
why do ppl have to be so sensitive?? i mean seriously funny is funny hell im a cripple and my fav shirt says "Im only in it for the parking" and has wheelchair dude on it... whats wrong with the world

but more on topic your sig is cool ... didnt you have that chick in the wonderbread shirt before? cause that was quality too but i dont see how that could be any less offensive lol
4_Phucsache
Property of BF2s©
+112|6574|Brisbane Australia
For gawds sake keep the sig.

I think ol' Drstrangeglove put it best ..people will be offended by anything. My family have served and died in the military for 3 generations and yet i find your sig vastly amusing, so just keep on rolling and remember you cant please all the people all the time
Defiance
+438|6662

good sig, I liked the LOTR one and this one is even better
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6622|Washington, DC

Yes, because it's old as the hills.
No 1 Gooner
coopj Dependant
+98|6563|England
I cant believe 5 peeps have voted to lose it! thought it was a no brainer! oh well as my grandad used to say"you cant educate a haddock"!! top sig,one of the best ive seen.
FromTheAshes
+53|6696
No, IM RANK 1 NOOB
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6711|California

Naughty_Om wrote:

stryyker, have u always been beating me in karma?
da
Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6624|USA
hehe, ive been getting alot of negative karma for telling people to stfu about 1.3 patch and how its gonna ruin bf2.....also, ive been getting alot of neg karma for telling people to use the search, stop making "rate my stats" threads and "best sniper" threads.....not fun.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6738|The United Center
i think you should touch yourself while thinking of men.

...oh wait, you already do, my mistake.

keep the sig.  ive seen it before, but its still funny.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6711|California

ThomasMorgan wrote:

i think you should touch yourself while thinking of men.

...oh wait, you already do, my mistake.

keep the sig.  ive seen it before, but its still funny.
lawl. and ashes, stop fucking -1 me for bullshit reasons

Gonna help him win-ashes
missle cheats-ashes
Ha ha, owned. -ashes
SHIT POST-ashes
mad scotsman
+177|6600|scotland
my grand fathers from both sides of my family fought in the war on that exact place and go to rememberance day parades every year with poppy wreaths, and to be honest i dont find it offensive at all.

you are making a funny bf2 style sig using footage from saving private ryan MOVIE, dude i think its good and gave you +1 ,,HOWEVER there are people out there that seem to find offence in the slightest of things if you feel you have to apease the minority then change it.
Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6624|USA
lawl. and ashes, stop fucking -1 me for bullshit reasons

Gonna help him win-ashes
missle cheats-ashes
Ha ha, owned. -ashes
SHIT POST-ashes
Atleast he leaves his name....i got all anonymous.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard