MrBrain
+24|6661|Finland
First of all, this thread isn't about stats and it isn't about me hating aviators (basically).

If you can fly an airplane and bomb you are infact, god! Totally untouchable. Only threats are other planes but from my experience that's not to common either. And if you are infact really good you just shoot them down and keep on bombing.

Only things you can do about a plane on the ground is to get into a stinger (lol!) or damage the plane in an AA-vehicle and get bombed afterwards. Ok, you can also get into an air plane and get shotdown (unless there is a 10ppl queue).

The armor on the jets is not that good anymore, I know, but that doesn't really matter because they are so fast that not much can hit them anyways.

I hear some screaming armor whores and heli whores. These two on the other hand are possible to stop from the ground.
For the armors there are always alot of antitank guys running around and engineers can place mines over the roads. It's also possible for the other team to stop armor whores, if they have only one flag left all that's needed is just a couple of guys getting tired and selecting the AT kit and taking them out. Not to mention the TOW.
For the helis AT also works to some extent but an FAV/Vodnik/Humvee is the shit against helis. You can almost kill an attack heli with the machine gun before it overheats, just needs to take a 1s pause and boom, two kills (or the heli goes away). Also the stinger is dangerous, just as the TOW for tanks/APC's

There isn't an option like this for the air planes, no anti air kit and no air bombs. Just a stinger, which you probaly get shot in after a minute when an enemy infantery/sniper spots you and see an easy kill btw.

I tried to think of some things to balance the air gods a bit as well, so that infantery have a chance to move.
* one would be to slow down the reload time of the bombs, that you have to either fly slowly across an air field or even land. Not perhaps neccessarily stop, but roll like 20m on the airfield to reload and repair.
* the other would be to add some air bombs/grenades that they get damaged by, but I'm not to fancy about that idea because it would affect the helis as well and they are quite balanced.
* third would be to limit or even remove the lock on indicator, forcing them to use the map like other (which many pilots infact also do)

Does anyone else have some ideas to balance the jets (no, it's not balanced to get 40:1 killratio..)?

I must admit that I admire the skill of some pilots, I cannot understand how they can have such accuracy with every bomb and especially how they manage to bomb so much everywhere and all the time.

Last edited by MrBrain (2006-05-17 22:42:37)

YoBabysDaddy
+31|6794|St. Louis, MO
Please,no more nerfing.
mrboogman
You talkin' to me? Well I'm the only one here!
+13|6673|Germany

YoBabysDaddy wrote:

Please,no more nerfing.
KingLou
Banned
+79|6595|Las Vegas
If anything......they need to start "un-nerfing" a bunch of crap they've already nerfed.

I don't care too terribly much about the jets.  If they are bombing the hell out of our base......I leave the base.

KiL
Sgt_Bob05
Nade Spammers Must Die
+49|6672|Australia
WTF is wrong with you. They get nerfed anymore and they'll just fall out the sky at random they'll be so weak. You must play on noob servers because even pepople that hav very little experience can shoot someone down.
*ToRRo*cT|
Spanish Sniper-Wh0re
+199|6714|Malaga, España
When will these Nerfing this and nerfing that Topics STOP!!!!!
Go Nerf urself!
pedigreeuk
I'm English, not British!
+113|6742|Rotherham, England

mrboogman wrote:

YoBabysDaddy wrote:

Please,no more nerfing.
HaywoodJablowme
Baltimore Blowfish
+46|6551

MrBrain wrote:

* one would be to slow down the reload time of the bombs, that you have to either fly slowly across an air field or even land. Not perhaps neccessarily stop, but roll like 20m on the airfield to reload and repair.
exactly

throw in some shoulder mounted sam's for the AT
APoundOfNuts
+13|6526|UK

*ToRRo*cT| wrote:

Go Nerf urself!
rofl

+1

EDIT: It won't let me +1 you...need more posts! I'll do it later!

Last edited by APoundOfNuts (2006-05-18 02:32:33)

Answeller
Usual Suspect
+16|6669|İstanbul,Türkiye
It would be good to nerf j-10 a bit or un nerf f-35, just to give it a fighting chance against j-10.
zyphlus
+8|6727
you should have to land and reload... an AK takes 100x as long to reload off a ammo box than a jet flying by a runway.  Dont make sense... make em land to reload.  AA should have 2 missles Radar over whole map easy to dodge and heat shoudl do more dmg.   A complete sfix on plane shoudl take 2x as long as a tank make em land for it too.

Any dmg shoudl decrease planes control significantly like 1g turns only at 25% dmg.

and heat seeekers fired below 15,ooo feet should be 75% effective.  small arms against helis and planes should be 10x as effective.

Last edited by zyphlus (2006-05-18 09:20:22)

Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6723
errr..... why nerf? Just remove....

Ozm, stfu kthxsrybye.
raz
+22|6634|England, UK
Ermz.. I really do think planes are balanced now, same goes with helicopters.
coldtoast
+12|6589|uk

Answeller wrote:

It would be good to nerf j-10 a bit or un nerf f-35, just to give it a fighting chance against j-10.
oh so very true!
Darth_Fleder
Mod from the Church of the Painful Truth
+533|6777|Orlando, FL - Age 43
Any more nerfing and this is what you'll have.....

https://www.eblong.com/zarf/pic/thod/origins2004-mids-plane-2.jpeg
https://www.promotionalproductsandideas.com/FOAMGLDA.GIF
https://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/raidentech168/newtank03.jpg
https://www.pocketpc-club.nl/contentimages/4848_1.01
https://www.wikihow.com/images/thumb/7/75/180px-Paper-Tank-Step-20.jpg

*ToRRo*cT| wrote:

Go Nerf urself!
+1

Last edited by Darth_Fleder (2006-05-18 11:40:01)

Drunken_Tankdriver
+81|6623

MrBrain wrote:

First of all, this thread isn't about stats and it isn't about me hating aviators (basically).

If you can fly an airplane and bomb you are infact, god! Totally untouchable. Only threats are other planes but from my experience that's not to common either. And if you are infact really good you just shoot them down and keep on bombing.

Only things you can do about a plane on the ground is to get into a stinger (lol!) or damage the plane in an AA-vehicle and get bombed afterwards. Ok, you can also get into an air plane and get shotdown (unless there is a 10ppl queue).

The armor on the jets is not that good anymore, I know, but that doesn't really matter because they are so fast that not much can hit them anyways.

I hear some screaming armor whores and heli whores. These two on the other hand are possible to stop from the ground.
For the armors there are always alot of antitank guys running around and engineers can place mines over the roads. It's also possible for the other team to stop armor whores, if they have only one flag left all that's needed is just a couple of guys getting tired and selecting the AT kit and taking them out. Not to mention the TOW.
For the helis AT also works to some extent but an FAV/Vodnik/Humvee is the shit against helis. You can almost kill an attack heli with the machine gun before it overheats, just needs to take a 1s pause and boom, two kills (or the heli goes away). Also the stinger is dangerous, just as the TOW for tanks/APC's

There isn't an option like this for the air planes, no anti air kit and no air bombs. Just a stinger, which you probaly get shot in after a minute when an enemy infantery/sniper spots you and see an easy kill btw.

I tried to think of some things to balance the air gods a bit as well, so that infantery have a chance to move.
* the other would be to add some air bombs/grenades that they get damaged by, but I'm not to fancy about that idea because it would affect the helis as well and they are quite balanced.
* third would be to limit or even remove the lock on indicator, forcing them to use the map like other (which many pilots infact also do)

Does anyone else have some ideas to balance the jets (no, it's not balanced to get 40:1 killratio..)?

I must admit that I admire the skill of some pilots, I cannot understand how they can have such accuracy with every bomb and especially how they manage to bomb so much everywhere and all the time.
No more nerfing. Its a game, planes are just that way, live with it.
https://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/2/acebigmack.png
DrM
+33|6592

MrBrain wrote:

one would be to slow down the reload time of the bombs, that you have to either fly slowly across an air field or even land. Not perhaps neccessarily stop, but roll like 20m on the airfield to reload and repair.
I like the idea of planes taking longer to reload. Not a bad idea.
Cheddarmuff
+21|6623
I think MrBrain actually makes some good points...like it or not, he is logical and accurate in his explanation.

I agree it is pretty friggin difficult to shoot down a plane unless you are actually in a plane but if you are in the air it is not that difficult.  I don't have a problem adding some additional ground based options but the planes are fine in my opinion...

Good post though.. +1
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6536|Area 51

YoBabysDaddy wrote:

Please,no more nerfing.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6536|Area 51

Cheddarmuff wrote:

I think MrBrain actually makes some good points...like it or not, he is logical and accurate in his explanation.

I agree it is pretty friggin difficult to shoot down a plane unless you are actually in a plane but if you are in the air it is not that difficult.  I don't have a problem adding some additional ground based options but the planes are fine in my opinion...

Good post though.. +1
Its pretty darn simple, log on, wait for the flares to get out of the sight, fire. Repeat 2nd time, or when it is a damaged plane ur done And with the USS Essex its even tooo easy, Shoot the main gun and lock on, wait for the flares, shoot 8 missles
Masta_Daco
+39|6707|Amsterdam,The Netherlands

zyphlus wrote:

you should have to land and reload...
well would u like to land to re-arm and then some smacktard lies in front of your plane and you can't takeoff again so i prefer how it is now. and why do you keep comparing it to the real thing bf2 isnt a sim its just a game meant to have fun and if you dont like it stop playing it.
zyphlus
+8|6727

Masta_Daco wrote:

zyphlus wrote:

you should have to land and reload...
well would u like to land to re-arm and then some smacktard lies in front of your plane and you can't takeoff again so i prefer how it is now. and why do you keep comparing it to the real thing bf2 isnt a sim its just a game meant to have fun and if you dont like it stop playing it.
I like that you get a TK and you'll probably get 2 more when you bomb me without checking your Mini-map cause I always punish pilots unless you kill 2 enemy or 1 armor with me. 

But your wrong about not asking for adjustment...  why?  cause EA agreed with me once that you skill-less flight jocks need to be nerfed maybe they will again when they figure out that it takes me 50 secs to pick up 4 clips out of the ammo box and you arm 100 bombs in 50 secs of overflight of a airbase the game is out of wack.
Havazn
+39|6664|van.ca
I'd prefer to have just the stinger reach extended and the plane's HUD not to show someone on the stinger. Just the lock tone like a regular lock. That would balance it IMO
Gotham
+3|6703
I personally think that instead of nerfing everything that these little pussies whine about they should keep track of the whining and hardware ban them from ever playing video games again.

If you cant stand the jets go play tetris or legend of zelda but stop whining about how everyone and everything kicks your ass and its EA's fault.
Masta_Daco
+39|6707|Amsterdam,The Netherlands

Gotham wrote:

I personally think that instead of nerfing everything that these little pussies whine about they should keep track of the whining and hardware ban them from ever playing video games again.

If you cant stand the jets go play tetris or legend of zelda but stop whining about how everyone and everything kicks your ass and its EA's fault.
AMEN!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard