Markimus
Administrator
+65|6629|Canada
On wednesday of this week, Chuy, Afrojap, Shrtcww, Voodoochild and Marconius got an inside look at Battlefield 2142. They managed to get some exclusve screenshots and video of the game, and here it is!

Chuy and Afrojap have also written up a mini-review/overlook of the game, which can also be read on the following page.

Battlefield 2142: An Insiders Perspective

If you would like to help this get some attention, please go to THIS LINK, make an account, and press DIGG. This would REALLY help out and would be greatly appreciated!
duk0r
Administrator
+306|6660|Austin, TX

https://bf3s.com/sigs/a3a6d1102d14bf2f7e266fba7f728dc2cc38b316.png
-Gunsmoke-
+165|6628|South Jersey
i don't like futuristic games.  im not buying it, or supporting it we need a battlefield:Cold War where you yell at noobs saying your nuke is better.
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6671|Middle of nowhere
if Chuy is supporting it then i'm gonna buy it, i don't give a damn what anyone else says
MURcarnage
CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL!
+86|6650|San Francisco, CA
i'll wait till there's an MP demo out, then i'll weigh in my judgement as well, and it better not be some damn MP Beta demo like they did with FEAR.
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6648|Brisbane, Australia

Any word on the toilets?
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6665|Colorado
I will not support this game & will stick with bf2 until bf3 comes out. I like some of the options on it but they will have to do better than that to get me into another game. I stick by my opinion that this is nothing more than a mediocre rehash of bf2... i.e. the retarded baby of halo & mechwarrior.
SolidusSnake12
+2|6630
Id take halo over this bf2142 anyday =0 i mean common invis snipers psshh can you say mass
Markimus
Administrator
+65|6629|Canada
Come on people.. digg (even if you're not a fan of the game... you'll be supporting BF2S!)
oberst_enzian
+234|6735|melb.au
neither qt nor any other of my vid programs can play the .mov. is there a specific codec i need to grab or something?
mexi
+0|6643
ill wat tell a mode comes out or some kind of vid thats good to weigh in on it   idk it better be damn good to be a future game if they want ppl to play it cuz halo is still out there
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6648|Brisbane, Australia

Ahh yes but halo doesnt have flag capping does it?

No

Does it have 64 player maps?

No

Is it fun?

Possibly........

Compared to BF2?

No............

Halo *Can* be fun, but I wouldnt play it as much as BF2, I love the chaos!!!

Last edited by Sarrk (2006-05-12 21:06:48)

Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6745
Sounds cool. I support it. Hopefully my vid.card will support it too
Oh yea, thank you very much for the information; Great work!

Last edited by Dr.Battlefield (2006-05-12 21:10:38)

E7IX3R
is drunk and crazy
+216|6681|UK
at first i thought this game would be crap

then when i read the thing on gamespot i thought it would be good.

now looking at these screen shots i think it looks crap again.

it just looks like a bf2 star wars mod. no tv missile for the chopper!? wtf.

blowing up 6 man black hawksa re the most fiun thing in the game.

Also, they've only shown one map, they say this is set in an artic world blah blah so basically all the maps are going to be covered in snow!?

Variety plz/
washow
Get out of MY JET!!!
+23|6704
day by day, looking and comparing between bf2142 and et:qw
and now, i'm atm very leaning toward et:qw

you guys should go look at the recent released vids.. look at the graphic.. they are fumping based on doom3 engine

lots of vehicles all over, crazy new stuffs...

but bf2142 is seriously a bf2's futurastic mod... not very impressive
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6781|Singapore

Aweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesome.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6699|67.222.138.85
The thing that really bugs me about this game is that BF is supposed to be about vehicles right? So what is this game about? Mechs. Nothing else stands a chance, especially since they made some wierd hover/helo/plane/floating thingy with no good weapons and what sounds like poor handling. Now if they brought some zeros back from BF1942...
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6840|"Frisco"

oberst_enzian wrote:

neither qt nor any other of my vid programs can play the .mov. is there a specific codec i need to grab or something?
Quicktime 6.5 or greater. It uses the H.264 codec.
Zedman
+3|6718|NOVA
I personally look forward to it, I don't know why. Both this and ET: QW look great, in my opinion. For what its worth anyways...
Buzerk1
+44|6829
LOL... Now people will think twice before taking commander... If you win, still commander score x 2, but if you loose... it's commander score x 0.5. I think that's great

Nice video and great review, thanks guys!!
Maj.Do
+85|6744|good old CA
im waiting for qw : ). bf2142 just looks boring using the bf engine
BF2Craglyeye
+72|6665|Australia
I said not longer ago that it really doesnt look like something i could care about. But alot of this stuff is making it look better it seems interesting but... I dunno. Im just starting to get the hang of and be good at BF2.

Maybe ill wait for a demo or something.

*conflicted*
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6698|Antarctica
The aircraft situation doesn't sound good...... and I don't like how the more points you have the better equipment you get..... but I'll prob give it a shot........
Volatile
+252|6697|Sextupling in Empire

BF2 is dead to me. Looking forward to 2142.
=|A mere Shadow|=
The Anarchist
+121|6619|Britain and Damn proud of it!
As long as they get those bugs fixed im definatly buying it. i think that the Kit changes were a good move,as were the unlocks i have one question though, will i be the same rank as i am in BF2 in BF1242, or will i have a new player? anyway great review guys and thanks for the gameplay vid xD

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard