Markimus
Administrator
+65|6635|Canada
Here's the latest 2142 trailer from EA, showing off their recently announced "Titan" mode.

Help BF2S.com make it to the front page of Digg.com and get lots of traffic by going **HERE** and pressing DIGG at the top left. Make an account if necessary!

DOWNLOAD
Mabec
Re-Member-Me
+6|6831
Awesome

Heh, file stolen from BF2142.se

Last edited by Mabec (2006-05-07 16:02:17)

Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6692
ZOMG coolness
EvilMonkeySlayer
+82|6651
Nice, but did anyone else find the corridor bit in the titan a bit reminiscent of star wars?

I'm more interested in the sniper class, I heard there is some kind of cloaking/stealth field for it. But it can only be used when you're not firing.

I hope you have a guille suit too, i'd hate to uncloak only to be immediately spotted and killed.

When's the release date for this? My calendar for the month of June is taken up by HL2 Episode 1.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6761

cloaking/stealth field............What is this Mickey Mouse shit?

Last edited by usmarine2005 (2006-05-07 16:17:18)

jnick
+22|6781
Schaweet!

+1
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6706|67.222.138.85
Have to say that doesn't look so good for me, infact increasing my biggest fear about it. How will you be able to stop the mechs? EA has been saying tanks will be able to, but it showed one taking a tank hit with no problem and then taking the tank down with ease. It didn't show a mech going down the whole time. How are you supposed to kill one as a lowly infantry?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6761

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Have to say that doesn't look so good for me, infact increasing my biggest fear about it. How will you be able to stop the mechs? EA has been saying tanks will be able to, but it showed one taking a tank hit with no problem and then taking the tank down with ease. It didn't show a mech going down the whole time. How are you supposed to kill one as a lowly infantry?
Lol......Accuracy by volume.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6567|NYC / Hamburg

noo .. why destroy such a nice game. if i want sci fi i play some star wars. Now iit looks like star trek & star wars mixture with some tiny elements from the original bf series

to repeat myself... why? oh why?

Last edited by max (2006-05-07 16:22:42)

once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6761

max wrote:

noo .. why destroy such a nice game. if i want sci fi i play some star wars. Now iit looks like star trek & star wars mixture with some tiny elements from the original bf series

I know man, I don't get it either.  Why not make BF3 an Invasion of Iran, or Iraq, or Afghanistan or those damn Canadians ?  I think some type of modern combat that we all can relate to in some way would be very popular.  I wish all the people who made mods would get together and make a video game.

Last edited by usmarine2005 (2006-05-07 16:30:02)

E7IX3R
is drunk and crazy
+216|6687|UK
I'm still undecided on this. Although I'll probably buy it anyway because I can.

If it's shit I'll sell it on ebay and go back to bf2.
LockerFish
+47|6705
what program do I have to have to play that file?
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6706|67.222.138.85

LockerFish wrote:

what program do I have to have to play that file?
Quicktime
Markimus
Administrator
+65|6635|Canada

Mabec wrote:

Awesome

Heh, file stolen from BF2142.se
Funny you mention that. We host the all files for the BF2.se/BF2142.se/Quakewars.se network. I was given this file to use on BF2S.com as well.
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6770|Atlanta, GA USA
Nice.  Looks pretty damn cool.  It'll be nice to play a game without somebody complaining "but in real life the xxx does this much damage", etc.

max wrote:

Destroy?  I don't understand.  It is a new game based on the Battlefield franchise.  Where else would they go from here?  WWI?
0ktane
Negative Ping
+55|6766|Arizona
That just looks sick...I personally am looking forward to this game.  Loved the end when the craft starts to blow up...and just watchin a dozen or so ppl jumpin for dear life off the deck of the thing. 
Quicke
+3|6598

usmarine2005 wrote:

max wrote:

I know man, I don't get it either.  Why not make BF3 an Invasion of Iran, or Iraq, or Afghanistan or those damn Canadians ?  I think some type of modern combat that we all can relate to in some way would be very popular.  I wish all the people who made mods would get together and make a video game.
BF3 is already in the planning stage already from the rumours i heard. But no rumours on about what year and war it will be about.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6689|Tampa Bay Florida
two words:

Battlefront two
Defiance
+438|6670

Looks cool. The cloaking thing is some sort of power up and while you have it on you can't shoot, but I don't think it's only limited to snipers.
comet241
+164|6764|Normal, IL
i was really iffy about the game, but the trailer and recent news release about it eases some of my fears..... it seems like no really futuristic weapons (lasers and whatnot are out), and looks pretty cool. i will prolly still play bf2 unless im sick of it by then, but im excited now
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6770|Atlanta, GA USA

usmarine2005 wrote:

max wrote:

Couldn't they just do that with an expansion pack for BF2?
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6641|Burmecia, Land of the Rain
i dont think it looks that great to be honest..

but i'll get flamed for saying that..

why cant they just concentrate all their work into.. oh wait... they're already "fixing" BF2..

my bad
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6700
I'm looking forward to it, but I believe Quake Wars will be released first. I guess it will come down to who does a better job, Dice or Activision. Or maybe I'll just play both.

I do think Dice could have spent a month or two making a new playing style for BF2 first. Titan mode is all well and good, but CTF or some other mode for bf2 would have been nice.
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6590|Your attic
ooook, downloaded this and tryed to open it in quicktime and I get this

Error -2048:this file is not a movie file??

Tryed MP, DivX even RAD (yea pointless I know) can't get it to work though,

We need support do you copy??
JaMDuDe
+69|6776
yeah it says that to me too

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard