lowing
Banned
+1,662|6662|USA

Spearhead wrote:

lowing wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

The United States basically said "Fuck you" to the UN--that gives every country in the world a right to be pissed about Iraq.  Gung-ho right wingers will then cry all day about how the USA is a victim of the rest of the worlds hatred, but then behind the scenes their doing shit that's borderlining Nazi Germany's standards.  And please don't be a tard and say "hey, we're not killing millions of jews!", you're right, we're not.  But what we are doing, (and it's being fueled by the media) is increasing nation-wide hatred and discrimination against muslims and middle-easterns, becoming more and more nationalistic, and saying anyone who doesnt agree with Bush is un-American and according to Bush, at war with the United States "You're either with us, or you're against us".  <-- VERY typical facsist/nationalistic statement.  Bush just declared war on half the world!  Isn't that great!  I mean, no shit, no wonder why they are so many insurgents.
Uhhhhhhh wasn't it Muslims and Middle Easterners who attack us?

I don't think anyone who doesn't agree with Bush is "un-American"..... I think it is un- American to NOT want to stand up and defend our country against ALL agressors who seek and plan to destroy us and our way of life. I guess 5.5 yrs is long enough to forget what watching our countrymen die on CNN was like.
The people who attacked us were EXTREMISTS, who make up much less than 5 percent of the total muslim population in the middle east.  Hating Muslims and Middle Easterns because of 9/11 would be like hating Germans because of WW1 and WW2.  You're right, we should go after those motherf*ckers who attacked us on 9/11.. I don't have a problem with our military presence in Afgahnistan at all.  I am not against the war on terrorism, I am just saying that we are approaching it the wrong way.  Instead of trying to communicate and possibly make alliances with the arab/middle east/muslim population, many Americans are just saying "Fuck these ragheads, all of them are responsible for 9/11".

You've got to understand, the hijackers, (and almost all of the insurgents) are EXTREMISTS.  All Germans were not nazi's, and all middle easterns are not responsible for 9/11.
It might have made us all feel better if the Muslim community stood up and denounced the attacks and made a visible presence in the fight against terrorism and the hijacking of their so called "peaceful religion".

you only responded t othe first part of my statement. How do you feel about the rest of it?

edit
If it is only 5 % of the Muslim world are "extremist", then by my math 95% of the Muslim world should easily get a handle on this problem wouldn't ya think???

Last edited by lowing (2006-05-08 19:53:22)

Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6701|Tampa Bay Florida

lowing wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

lowing wrote:

Uhhhhhhh wasn't it Muslims and Middle Easterners who attack us?

I don't think anyone who doesn't agree with Bush is "un-American"..... I think it is un- American to NOT want to stand up and defend our country against ALL agressors who seek and plan to destroy us and our way of life. I guess 5.5 yrs is long enough to forget what watching our countrymen die on CNN was like.
The people who attacked us were EXTREMISTS, who make up much less than 5 percent of the total muslim population in the middle east.  Hating Muslims and Middle Easterns because of 9/11 would be like hating Germans because of WW1 and WW2.  You're right, we should go after those motherf*ckers who attacked us on 9/11.. I don't have a problem with our military presence in Afgahnistan at all.  I am not against the war on terrorism, I am just saying that we are approaching it the wrong way.  Instead of trying to communicate and possibly make alliances with the arab/middle east/muslim population, many Americans are just saying "Fuck these ragheads, all of them are responsible for 9/11".

You've got to understand, the hijackers, (and almost all of the insurgents) are EXTREMISTS.  All Germans were not nazi's, and all middle easterns are not responsible for 9/11.
It might have made us all feel better if the Muslim community stood up and denounced the attacks and made a visible presence in the fight against terrorism and the hijacking of their so called "peaceful religion".

you only responded t othe first part of my statement. How do you feel about the rest of it?
I don't know where you get your news from, but they have apologized and denounced EVERY terrorist attack so far.  But I'm guessing they don't report that stuff on Fox news, eh?  How convenient. 

Talk to any American muslim, and ask them about 9/11.  Especially ask the muslim actor who played the role of the hijacker who made the bomb in the film United 93.  If you have been listening for the past 6 years, you'd know that they don't consider the extremists muslim at all.

By your logic, all white Christians are members of the KKK, and go around lynching people because of their skin color.

What do you mean, second part of your statement?  What's the second part of it?

To your edit-- most muslims are handling this, and have been since--?  Most muslims do not reside in Iraq, you know.  Or is that what you think the mid-east is?  Iraq?  If every muslim had been an extremist, do you know how much rubble New York city would be lying in right now?

Last edited by Spearhead (2006-05-08 20:01:29)

douche1001
Banned
+-6|6575
time to invade iran and n korea
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6662|USA

Spearhead wrote:

lowing wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

I don't know where you get your news from, but they have apologized and denounced EVERY terrorist attack so far.  But I'm guessing they don't report that stuff on Fox news, eh?  How convenient. 

Talk to any American muslim, and ask them about 9/11.  Especially ask the muslim actor who played the role of the hijacker who made the bomb in the film United 93.  If you have been listening for the past 6 years, you'd know that they don't consider the extremists muslim at all.

By your logic, all white Christians are members of the KKK, and go around lynching people because of their skin color.

edit
If it is only 5 % of the Muslim world are "extremist", then by my math 95% of the Muslim world should easily get a handle on this problem wouldn't ya think???

it would appear that America has indeed kept the KKK in check now wouldn't it?

And Fox news would be the ONLY place you would hear anything positive coming out of Iraq. Muslims protesting terror attacks would be neat to see instead of world wide protest violence and murder over a cartoon. Maybe you haven't been reading the papers lol.

read up..second paragraph about being "un-American" is the second part of my post I was referring to.

Also if you could post some articles where the people of Palinstine ( Hamas)  and Seria Yemen and Iran etc has denounced or protested the attacks I would love to read them

Last edited by lowing (2006-05-08 20:07:55)

11thdsv
+3|6725|fort worth, tx.
didnt do much du clean up but saw alot of that shit used was attached to third armor and the 1st id we saw most everything and those 155 rounds we blew in place were rounds that oliver north sent to iraq when they where fighting iran (remember that?) so that was our equipment we had to blow up. anyway guys love this forum keep on keeping on!!
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6662|USA

11thdsv wrote:

didnt do much du clean up but saw alot of that shit used was attached to third armor and the 1st id we saw most everything and those 155 rounds we blew in place were rounds that oliver north sent to iraq when they where fighting iran (remember that?) so that was our equipment we had to blow up. anyway guys love this forum keep on keeping on!!
I know it musta sucked, but I for 1 appreciate your service, regardless of where you stand on this topic.
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6782|AUS, Canberra

lowing wrote:

the_heart_attack wrote:

UnOriginalNuttah wrote:

No.
most definantly not.

but we can call it what it was......terrorist attacks.

just becuase america invaded a country and they lied about the reasons for doing so doesnt mean its a war.

plus what does iraq have to do with 9/11 again?
So the bombings of London, Berlin, Tokyo, Stalingrad etc.......didn't count as war, it was terrorism huh?.....Do you care to share what the difference is or how the victims suffered differently?
how is calling it something its not going to help the victims?

if we call it a world war are the dead going to come back to life?

anyone who thinks its a world war needs to wake up and get a grip and stop looking to make it much bigger than it is ( and yes a world war is far bigger than a few major bombings ).
bombings have been happening all over the world for the last 60 years, so by your reasoning we have been in a world war since ww2 finished.

but no, it took it happening to america to make everyone turn it into the main topic of our lives.
kessel!
Peruvian Cocaine
+261|6776|Toronto Canada
Bush is only calling it world war three so he has a pretense to go and invade Iran and NorthKorea. Soon he will have rewritten the constitution to allow for continuing presidency.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6701|Tampa Bay Florida

lowing wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

lowing wrote:

edit

And Fox news would be the ONLY place you would hear anything positive coming out of Iraq. Muslims protesting terror attacks would be neat to see instead of world wide protest violence and murder over a cartoon. Maybe you haven't been reading the papers lol.

read up..second paragraph about being "un-American" is the second part of my post I was referring to.

Also if you could post some articles where the people of Palinstine ( Hamas)  and Seria Yemen and Iran etc has denounced or protested the attacks I would love to read them
To the second part of your first statement--I could not tell what you meant, because as far as I saw it, it was your opinion.  I'm not going to hate on you because of your opinion.

I believe every person has a write to their own opinion.  But using the term "Un-American" to scare people into agreeing with the government is in itself unconstitutional.  American muslims are just as American as you and I. 

The reason the United States has been able to cope with the KKK is because, after decades upon decades of violence, we have been able strangle them socially and financially.   And if you've been reading the newspapers, you'll know that the Oklahoma City bomber Timothy McVeigh was actually part of the neo-nazi movement in America, and neo-nazi's and the KKK are highly related.   In my eyes, they're all the same.

We cannot do the same in Iraq.  The extremist insurgents have piles and piles of cash, and are using it to fund their 'holy war'.  So why don't the KKK start attacking the US government?  Because they know they will lose, it would just be suicide.  You might as well put Adolf Hitler in Israel.  However, in Iraq, insurgents can roam in and out of the country, and have access to thousands of weapons.

As for the cartoons, according to the BBC

"It is the satirical intent of the cartoonists and the association of the Prophet with terrorism, that is so offensive to the vast majority of Muslims.

Why is the insult so deeply felt by some Muslims? Of course, there is the prohibition on images of Muhammad. But one cartoon, showing the Prophet wearing a turban shaped as a bomb with a burning fuse, extends the caricature of Muslims as terrorists to Muhammad. In this image, Muslims see a depiction of Islam, its prophet and Muslims in general as terrorists. This will certainly play into a widespread perception among Muslims across the world that many in the West harbour a hostility towards - or fear of - Islam and Muslims."

If you were American, this would be the same as a cartoon of the Statue of Liberty wearing a Swastika armband and giving birth to Adolf Hitler.  I'm not supporting the violence that happened because of the cartoons, but to say that it was completely unprovoked would be naive.  Don't you see through you're ignorance yet? 

Again, when you refer to Hamas, these are extremists.  I'm sure Horseman will be able to back me up on this one, what we have done with Israel has pretty much set ourselves up to be hated.

What you are doing, Iowing, is using the events of September 11th as a scapegoat to justify racism and hatred for muslims.  And when you see things that way, the terrorists have won.  They destroyed everything our grandfathers fought for so desperately in WW1 and WW2.  Nothing you say can deny that.  The terrorists have won.  If you look at the country today, and compare it to 7 years ago, you see two very different countries.  The terrorists succeeded in dividing the country into 2 pieces.

I suggest you watch the film "The Siege".  It's no where near being a true story, but it opened my eyes to some things I never saw before.  It's good, too, lots of action.  Starring Denzel Washington.

Last edited by Spearhead (2006-05-08 21:05:15)

JahManRed
wank
+646|6639|IRELAND

Shit I just watch a program on UK TV last night it freaked me out.
Basically all the media in Iraq gets to see shit all. Its so dangerous for westerners to go outside the green zone that the simply don't. The media is then feed a controlled version of events by the US media corps.
Basically the world of politics have changed from Governments doing what the people want (Spain Italy still listen) by controlled media and massively budgeted and staffed spin departments who's sole purpose is to convince the people to do what the government wants, not necessarily what the people want. Is it not the people who make up a democracy??????? Dosen't seam that way to me.
This program used Iraqi Camera men to film which is a one sided view just like the American feed version. Leaving us at home watching our TV's not having a clue what is actually going on on the ground.
The Iraqi footage makes it look like the Americans Solders are using Iraq like some giant paint ball game with real guns. There were a few clips of families shot in cold blood and children no more than a year old full of bullets. It also showed that video of the Solders doing the "hes pretending to be dead"  cuts to a guy laying beside his dead friend, unarmed cowering on the ground, and the US guy shots him in the head and says "he is now"
The problem as I see it is that we are being feed a cleaned up version of what is actually happening so when these Iraqis rise up and fight against the coalition we all think they a savages out to murder.
I was brought up in Northern Ireland and know how "terrorists" are made. Friends of mine who's family were persecuted for no reason, had friends beaten or killed for no reason by an occupying force, other friends went out and joined the IRA to kill British. These terrorists unfortunately arent out to kill the low percentage of human rights abusers within the army, they are out to get them all, so even if you are a good solder, you are in the same brackets as the guys out being gun hoe and shotting innocent families just trying to live there lives. RANT OVER.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6686|Canberra, AUS
If you want to truly understand your enemy, you must think like them. Basic rule of any conflict. What drives ordinary, young Muslims to kill thousands of people? Because they are inflamed by OTHER terrorists? What drives them?

Here is an example of what I am talking about. How extreme events can drive ordinary people to extreme action.

1 July 2002. Bashkirian Airlines Flight 2397 collides in mid-air with a DHL Boeing 757. All are killed.

The air traffic controller on duty at the time was Peter Nielsen. He was in control of BOTH aircraft - which would (logically) make him the one responsible. However, this was not so.

24 February 2004. Peter Nielsen is found dead (stabbed) in front of his home. He was killed by a Russian named Vitaly Kaloyev.

Why?

Kaloyev lost his whole family - wife and two children - in the accident. He suffered a nervous brakedown.

Wouldn't the same apply to a Muslim 'extremist'?
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6662|USA

the_heart_attack wrote:

lowing wrote:

the_heart_attack wrote:

most definantly not.

but we can call it what it was......terrorist attacks.

just becuase america invaded a country and they lied about the reasons for doing so doesnt mean its a war.

plus what does iraq have to do with 9/11 again?
So the bombings of London, Berlin, Tokyo, Stalingrad etc.......didn't count as war, it was terrorism huh?.....Do you care to share what the difference is or how the victims suffered differently?

anyone who thinks its a world war needs to wake up and get a grip and stop looking to make it much bigger than it is ( and yes a world war is far bigger than a few major bombings ).
bombings have been happening all over the world for the last 60 years, so by your reasoning we have been in a world war since ww2 finished.

but no, it took it happening to america to make everyone turn it into the main topic of our lives.
Well there maybe some truth to what you said about WW2 not being finished, since WW2 was an extention of WW1. The cold war was about 30 seconds behind WW2.

I didn't say calling this a war was going to help the victims. It does mean their deaths were significant and should be avenged.

I think by you thinking this is NOT war, you have your head in the sand and refuse to accept that our country has been under attack for more than a decade. You think all we need to do is "talk" t othem and everything will be oooooooooooook. Or are you saying the dismantling of Israel is the answer? Actually that might be, since the Arabs had their land stolen from them to create it.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6662|USA

Spearhead wrote:

lowing wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

edit

To the second part of your first statement--I could not tell what you meant, because as far as I saw it, it was your opinion.  I'm not going to hate on you because of your opinion.

I believe every person has a write to their own opinion.  But using the term "Un-American" to scare people into agreeing with the government is in itself unconstitutional.  American muslims are just as American as you and I. 

The reason the United States has been able to cope with the KKK is because, after decades upon decades of violence, we have been able strangle them socially and financially.   And if you've been reading the newspapers, you'll know that the Oklahoma City bomber Timothy McVeigh was actually part of the neo-nazi movement in America, and neo-nazi's and the KKK are highly related.   In my eyes, they're all the same.

We cannot do the same in Iraq.  The extremist insurgents have piles and piles of cash, and are using it to fund their 'holy war'.  So why don't the KKK start attacking the US government?  Because they know they will lose, it would just be suicide.  You might as well put Adolf Hitler in Israel.  However, in Iraq, insurgents can roam in and out of the country, and have access to thousands of weapons.

As for the cartoons, according to the BBC

"It is the satirical intent of the cartoonists and the association of the Prophet with terrorism, that is so offensive to the vast majority of Muslims.

Why is the insult so deeply felt by some Muslims? Of course, there is the prohibition on images of Muhammad. But one cartoon, showing the Prophet wearing a turban shaped as a bomb with a burning fuse, extends the caricature of Muslims as terrorists to Muhammad. In this image, Muslims see a depiction of Islam, its prophet and Muslims in general as terrorists. This will certainly play into a widespread perception among Muslims across the world that many in the West harbour a hostility towards - or fear of - Islam and Muslims."

If you were American, this would be the same as a cartoon of the Statue of Liberty wearing a Swastika armband and giving birth to Adolf Hitler.  I'm not supporting the violence that happened because of the cartoons, but to say that it was completely unprovoked would be naive.  Don't you see through you're ignorance yet? 

Again, when you refer to Hamas, these are extremists.  I'm sure Horseman will be able to back me up on this one, what we have done with Israel has pretty much set ourselves up to be hated.

What you are doing, Iowing, is using the events of September 11th as a scapegoat to justify racism and hatred for muslims.  And when you see things that way, the terrorists have won.  They destroyed everything our grandfathers fought for so desperately in WW1 and WW2.  Nothing you say can deny that.  The terrorists have won.  If you look at the country today, and compare it to 7 years ago, you see two very different countries.  The terrorists succeeded in dividing the country into 2 pieces.

I suggest you watch the film "The Siege".  It's no where near being a true story, but it opened my eyes to some things I never saw before.  It's good, too, lots of action.  Starring Denzel Washington.
America has had their thumb on the KKK because they didn't have the support of the people plain and simple.

Would work the same for the "extremist". Only problem is...................they DO have the support of the their people, eather publicly or privately.

I have heard of that movie but never saw it. I will do so
Zaitik
+3|6587

herrr_smity wrote:

Well if you fucking kids want ABDUL JIAHD ALLAH!! all over this country and live as sand niggers in a hole and have the rape pillage all of our cities? in your DEMOCRATIC POLITICAL EYE"S IM SURE U WOULDNT MIND... stop listning to your fucked up parents about the war. think what YOU think is right, dont follow the dumbasses who say this is not war.... look what hapend at 9/11.... just think..... 9/11.....they must ALL be terminated for what they did.... read tomclancy or dale brown.... it will open YOUR eye's... now please learn... we cant let them kill us .... we are americans... we are a gaming community... now let bush and the oval office sort this shit out.... i dont give a FUCK what the political people say.... all i want is the job DONE!!!
you are right the whole us goverment is shit! and what they do now? recruit 2 million peeps sent them to die..  and then they dont give anything to their family, U S is retard.

if you think that the 9/11 was made by terrorist watch this http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid … 3762628848

1h long.. but you see the truth of the retards in US
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6686|Canberra, AUS

Zaitik wrote:

herrr_smity wrote:

Well if you fucking kids want ABDUL JIAHD ALLAH!! all over this country and live as sand niggers in a hole and have the rape pillage all of our cities? in your DEMOCRATIC POLITICAL EYE"S IM SURE U WOULDNT MIND... stop listning to your fucked up parents about the war. think what YOU think is right, dont follow the dumbasses who say this is not war.... look what hapend at 9/11.... just think..... 9/11.....they must ALL be terminated for what they did.... read tomclancy or dale brown.... it will open YOUR eye's... now please learn... we cant let them kill us .... we are americans... we are a gaming community... now let bush and the oval office sort this shit out.... i dont give a FUCK what the political people say.... all i want is the job DONE!!!
you are right the whole us goverment is shit! and what they do now? recruit 2 million peeps sent them to die..  and then they dont give anything to their family, U S is retard.

if you think that the 9/11 was made by terrorist watch this http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid … 3762628848

There are TWO threads on this. WE DON'T WANT TO SEE THAT FUCKING MOVIE AGAIN!

We've had at least 30 PAGES and two CLOSED topics on this. NO!
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6664
^^ There's still an open thread here, if you want to read what people thought of it:
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=15710&p=1

Spark wrote:

If you want to truly understand your enemy, you must think like them. Basic rule of any conflict. What drives ordinary, young Muslims to kill thousands of people? Because they are inflamed by OTHER terrorists? What drives them?

Here is an example of what I am talking about. How extreme events can drive ordinary people to extreme action.

1 July 2002. Bashkirian Airlines Flight 2397 collides in mid-air with a DHL Boeing 757. All are killed.

The air traffic controller on duty at the time was Peter Nielsen. He was in control of BOTH aircraft - which would (logically) make him the one responsible. However, this was not so.

24 February 2004. Peter Nielsen is found dead (stabbed) in front of his home. He was killed by a Russian named Vitaly Kaloyev.

Why?

Kaloyev lost his whole family - wife and two children - in the accident. He suffered a nervous brakedown.

Wouldn't the same apply to a Muslim 'extremist'?
I think it would.  Anyone who becomes highly disaffected from mistreatment or torment caused by a government, a person or a tragic event is likely to seek vengenge.  The solution is to try and remove or amend the cause of the problem (e.g. abusive partner, alcoholism, etc.), or in the case of past events, council the disaffected person and help them get their life back on track.  If the victim commits a crime because they have become disaffected, they should be punished provided they are of sound enough mind, however that does not remove their entitlement for support to help them work through the events which lead them to the breaking point.  Outlawing being a victim does not stop victimisation.
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6848

Spearhead wrote:

The United States basically said "Fuck you" to the UN--that gives every country in the world a right to be pissed about Iraq.
Can you be more clear about what you mean here?

Spearhead wrote:

Gung-ho right wingers
Gung-Ho Lacks a Direct literal translation From Chinese but Means " All together in Harmony " Try again.

Spearhead wrote:

Gung-ho right wingers will then cry all day about how the USA is a victim of the rest of the worlds hatred, but then behind the scenes
Any right Wingers who ever Cried please check in, Its not Our style, Sorry. We don't need the Worlds Good opinion We need to be Safe in our own homes first. It is about Priorities.

Spearhead wrote:

their doing shit that's borderlining Nazi Germany's standards.
Here we go again, This insult is inexcusable. Has Bush Burned anyone alive in a Church Parish? Cancel  the Nazi Stuff please.

Spearhead wrote:

And please don't be a tard and say "hey, we're not killing millions of jews!", you're right, we're not.  But what we are doing, (and it's being fueled by the media) is increasing nation-wide hatred and discrimination against muslims and middle-easterns, becoming more and more nationalistic, and saying
" Fueled by the Media " ? there is one Network That is not Anti Bush and Thousands that are. Also our Tard quota seems full.

I was in NYC during 911 and still go there frequently. I never see hatred against Muslims, Middle Easterners etc. I don't even see it in my friends who are/were Fighting over there. Frankly don't see how you came to this Conclusion.

Spearhead wrote:

anyone who doesnt agree with Bush is un-American and according to Bush, at war with the United States "You're either with us, or you're against us".  <--
You misquoted him, He didn't say that at all. "You're either with us, or you're against us" was in Reference to The War itself, And its True. We now Know for instance that the Swiss Aided the Nazis During WWII so I guess it has some merit. It would have been nicer for all if they struck a Blow for humanity against your Buddies There. Don't we agree ?

Spearhead wrote:

VERY typical facsist/nationalistic statement.
Nationalism is OK especially during a War. Show me One israeli who is not a Nationalist. In Fact show me One jew who is not nationalistic about israel.
You don't seem to know what Facisim is.

Spearhead wrote:

Bush just declared war on half the world!
He didn't declare War on half the World. He said, and I am para phrasing

" the people who fought back against the Terrorists on Flight 93 With their Bravery, Struck the First Blow in What amounts to a World War. " He was praising their Efforts and Courage. Twist it all you want. Some people actually Read it. I know you weren't counting on that but did you read it yourself?

Spearhead wrote:

no wonder why they are so many insurgents.
When you plant a Bomb on the Side of a road and Blow up anyone who happens by you are not an insurgent anymore. You are a Terrorist. If there are so many why do we get about Two bombs every five Weeks? Why are you against your own Countrymen? Why do you try and Legitimize Your enemies?
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6848

Zaitik wrote:

Move over Spearhead, We have a Contender, Its gonna be a Horse Race baby !
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6727
"I don't know what weapons WW3 will be fought w/, but world war 4 will be fought with sticks and stones" Albert einstein.

World war 3, how would living in earth feel like? the surface of the sun
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6852|Cologne, Germany

lowing wrote:

the_heart_attack wrote:

lowing wrote:

Well there maybe some truth to what you said about WW2 not being finished, since WW2 was an extention of WW1. The cold war was about 30 seconds behind WW2.

I didn't say calling this a war was going to help the victims. It does mean their deaths were significant and should be avenged.

I think by you thinking this is NOT war, you have your head in the sand and refuse to accept that our country has been under attack for more than a decade. You think all we need to do is "talk" t othem and everything will be oooooooooooook. Or are you saying the dismantling of Israel is the answer? Actually that might be, since the Arabs had their land stolen from them to create it.
I'm sorry, and this may sound harsh, but how is going to Iraq and kill a couple of insurgents ( and a couple of thousand Iraqi civilians in the process ) going to "avenge" those killed on 09/11 ?
The standard iraqi had nothing to do with the attacks on the WTC.

I am all for bringing those responsible to justice, but I don't think this can be achieved by "liberating" Iraq.

Are you winning the War on Terror ? I have no idea. "Winning" wars against terrorists has proven incredibly difficult in the past and in all cases were it has been kind of successful was when the terrorists had either lost the support of the local population or had to realize that their cause was lost. Is that happening in Iraq ? I doubt it.
Horseman77 argues that the War on Terror has been a success because the terrorists have not come back to attack the US on their soil again. Well, guess what, they don't have to. There are thousands of US troops in the middle east that are much easier targets.

A lot of people here say that the creation of Israel and the continued support by the US is one major factor in the reasons behind middle eastern terrorism. Personally, I think this is making it too easy. Most of the terrorists the US faces today were most likely born way after 1948 and don't even hail from that region.

Now, why does Bush call the War on Terror a "War" or "WWIII" in the first place ? My take:
- He wouldn't have received US congress support for a "police" measure that involved more than 100,000 US troops. But Iraq was his prime target.
- He needs the world's support for the upcoming confrontation with Iran
- It's easier to round up support among the american public for the actions he takes when he can tell them they are at war.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6727
@schuss, maybe he said it coz hes a bad speach person
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
JahManRed
wank
+646|6639|IRELAND

If bush says this is a war then these insurgents arent terrorists they are soilders. We bombed civilian targets throughout WW1 & 2 and every other war since and now in Iraq. They are bombing civillians in iraq but are called terrorists.
We need to make up our minds what the hell we are doing. Is this war? Or a policing action. Personally I think its war, maybe not world war 3, thats abit strong.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6783|PNW

Mike_J wrote:

But I guess to your standards bombings in Indonesia, Spain, England, guerilla fighters and corrupt governments in Africa, South America, and hijacked planes in the US don't count right?
That is correct. Only if I see the words WWIII printed in 5,000pt print on my most trusted news source, the New York Times, will I think there's anything strange going on around the planet...

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-05-09 07:57:55)

B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6852|Cologne, Germany

<[onex]>Headstone wrote:

Torin wrote:

You think the military spending is ridiculous now? Wait till Bush declares warn on Iran.

World War 3, my ass. If it was actually a world war, then this insane debt would be spread out across the world. It was the World Vs. Terrorism, we wouldn't have countries bailing out of the occupation of Iraq because terrorists kidnapped one of their reporters. This really is just the U.S.A. vs. Terrorism, with some help from the UK. If it was completed supported by the UN you -might- be able to call it a world war, but as it is now, this is just Bush's political agenda to make US companies rich, with terrorism thrown in as the catalyst. It actually makes me sick to hear people refer to this "war on terror" as world war three. Hell, with the way things are going now, it will become World War III, the world vs. the US because everyone is sick of us butting our heads in where we don't belong, enacting retarded foreign policy and making military decisions that do nothing but benefit arms manufacturers and the companies that clean up afterwards.
Butting our heads where we DONT belong? WTF have you been lately? Everyone is crying for the US to step in in Sudan and make everything better, They want US to deal with IRAN because the Other countries are too frigging whipped to do it. Thay want US to deal with North Korea, WTF does everyone want? Every frigging country on the planet turns to the USA to solve there fuckin problems then throw shit at us For doing so. Name me a country that we Havent helped or sent aid to!

Oh and Whomever gave me Neg Karma, KISS MY ASS, truth hurts Dont  it!!!!
hm, interesting. Who exactly is that "everyone" you are talking about ? No one I know wants the US to "deal" with Iran ( at least not the way they have dealt with Iraq ), same goes for North Korea. Tell me which country has turned to the US to solve their problems. Or is this just a general impression of yours ?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6783|PNW

<[onex]>Headstone wrote:

Name me a country that we Havent helped or sent aid to!
Rohan.

Where was Bush when the Westfold fell?

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-05-09 08:12:27)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard