Poll

What is your favorite aspect of sniping? Check all that apply.

Headshot21%21% - 232
Anti-Sniping15%15% - 163
Claymoring9%9% - 102
Knifing enemy sniper near you8%8% - 85
Body-shot-then-kill-shot-when-he-thinks-hes-hiding-safe11%11% - 121
Neutralizing an enemy offensive7%7% - 78
Neutralizing an enemy flags' defense7%7% - 79
Pilot-killing (Jet & Helo alike)10%10% - 106
Killing Ego-Enflamed Nyte / C-1 / etc6%6% - 73
Other (specify)1%1% - 19
Total: 1058
R0lyP0ly
+161|6646|USA
Self-Explanatory. Post more detailed acct's of your favorite aspect of the wonderful world of snipering!
R0lyP0ly
+161|6646|USA
EDIT EDIT. sh1t i placed another thread in wrong place. GD it! Admin, chuy, whoever plz move appropriately! Thanks in advance!!
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6641|Washington DC

R0lyP0ly wrote:

Self-Explanatory. Post more detailed acct's of your favorite aspect of the wonderful world of snipering!
Like the scene out of Saving Private Ryan, taking out another sniper is the biggest highlight because it saves lives on your team ... second to that, I love positioning myself to defend flags.
Rizen_Ji
+41|6728|200m out and smiling at you.
my other is the uhh....

crazy rag doll effects when you kill someone, there's definately some funny ones when they run at you and then the game kinda pauses the guy in mid-air and they get tossed backwards head first. those are the best. the side ways falling over ones are fun too.
oberst_enzian
+234|6735|melb.au
i really love counter-sniping... especially if you get a bodyshot and then watch that guy roll around looking for you, in vain, while you reload.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6682|Tampa Bay Florida
killing ego enflamed asshats.  Not necessarily nyte, (don't personally know him) but when another sniper snipes me and brags about it, I switch to sniper and will spend the rest of the game hunting his ass down and making his game miserable and ruining his k/d ratio.

Same goes for J-10 whores raping the carrier, now that I think about it

Last edited by Spearhead (2006-05-03 19:26:02)

LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6701|Charlie One Alpha

Spearhead wrote:

killing ego enflamed asshats.  Not necessarily nyte, (don't personally know him) but when another sniper snipes me and brags about it, I switch to sniper and will spend the rest of the game hunting his ass down and making his game miserable and ruining his k/d ratio.

Same goes for J-10 whores raping the carrier, now that I think about it
Yup.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
FesterTheMolester
BF2s US Server Admin, IRC>Forums
+157|6632|The Mind Of A Cereal Killer
OTHER: The Straight up "WhereTheFuckDidThatComeFrom" kill, So Satisfying
TwistedX
Aviator
+26|6786|Oklahoma
My top 3:

Headshot

Knifing enemy sniper near you

Pilot-killing (Jet & Helo alike)
acEofspadEs6313
Shiny! Let's be bad guys.
+102|6684|NAS Jacksonville, Florida

FesterTheMolester wrote:

OTHER: The Straight up "WhereTheFuckDidThatComeFrom" kill, So Satisfying
Those are awesome.

I personally like hitting someone in the torso from a distance, and watch them jump around looking for me.

Headshots and Claymore-whoring are good too
Jestar
Shifty's Home Number: 02 9662 8432
+373|6733

The Best Moment Ive Ever Had Was Knifing Nyte In The Ass........
spage
Get Claymores, Here!
+7|6766
The best is counter sniping but taking out ppl on emplaced weapons i.e. TOW HJ-8 MGs and Humvee/Vodniks is great.
deject
Got His War On
+37|6766|Golden, CO
Nothing beats shooting people in the face.
CoconutBlitz
I've had the diarrheas since Easters
+145|6581|California U.S.A
It's the mental game of preying on fellow predators with that one well placed rifle round that produces the ragdoll flop of death on your opponent and the gratifying text on your screen saying:

You killed "insert name here"

This can be amplified by either:

a) The hidden not seen shot from the weeds the "grassy knoll" if you will...

b) The quick snap shot that nails the driver of a jeep that just wizzed by you on the way to the undefended flag, or so he thought

c) The enemy sniper is downing your teamates....oooo! there he is! *Bam* ... er was

I like the accuracy and stealth of the Sniper kit just wish the freaking ghile suit would work better instead of at times making you look like a big fucking Ewok with a huge rifle crawling around. Like when the graphics dont draw grass/shrubs past a certain distance so from your viewpoint your invisible but past the draw distance you are easily seen

Last edited by Seal 3 (2006-05-04 00:36:15)

Viper007Bond
Moderator Emeritus
+236|6797|Portland, OR, USA

I only snipe usually when I'm being sniped. Otherwise it cuts too much into my SPM.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/044900892044e7fc95e599e832a086ae9bcd7efb.png
ReDmAn_ThE_uNiQuE
oh hai :D
+156|6643|The Netherlands
BOOM! headshot ... sometimes the legs of a person hiding are visible out of a building or something. if i kill someone in the feet brings a smile on my face
danCer
teh m0nsta
+314|6707|Germany

ReDmAn_ThE_uNiQuE wrote:

BOOM! headshot ... sometimes the legs of a person hiding are visible out of a building or something. if i kill someone in the feet brings a smile on my face
Do you get that hit sign on your crosshair too if you hit somebody on the leg?
I shot several times at people's legs but never gut that hit sign.

I prefer Headshots if i go for snipers because its the fastest way to take out the enemy.
Sandriatinhi
+15|6639|Apeldoorn, Holland
When u see some legs, lay down, grab your knife and stab the building or fence!
About sniping, i prefer to shoot those flying chopper-whores in the head...cost ya alot of bullets, but is really satisfying!
meowmix4jo
+5|6576
taking a jet on wake jumping out over the airfield and sniping everyone who tries to get in a jet or helo and they get all mad cus they cant get off the ground then my team comes and steals the stuff and we mega pwn em because i kept em out of the air
metal1215
+18|6637|Varsseveld, Netherlands

meowmix4jo wrote:

taking a jet on wake jumping out over the airfield and sniping everyone who tries to get in a jet or helo and they get all mad cus they cant get off the ground then my team comes and steals the stuff and we mega pwn em because i kept em out of the air
lol, happent to me a few times and it SUCKS
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6634|Burmecia, Land of the Rain
hmm.. maybe this is in the wrong forum.. but hey.. i'm not complaining..

i enjoy every aspect above.. except the claymoring.. i dont use them as much as i could.. a lot of people never get close enough..

lol.. i'll admit i'm a shit sniper tho lol.. still a bit of a noob at this game.. even tho i'm nearly first sergeant..

ah well

peace.
Tushers
Noctwisaskfirtush
+224|6677|Some where huntin in Wisconsin
I like boom headshoting people, on the 2nd of may i was over at my friends house and i was sniping omfg i had so asome head shots on oman i was rapping as usaly the enemy air base and i was laying dsown net to a bush and my friend was on the big oil drum and me and him were boom head shotting piolets and yea so we were there and there was this sniping (cant remeber him name it was somthing cheez) and he found me and my budy(damn him with that m95 so loud but good) he saw me and him and i was running around bunnyhopping anf i was like what the hell i zoomed in boom
You killed "cheez puffs" and i was like yea
and this next one is barly belivable
i was campin the air feidsl who would have though and there was this jet coming down the airstrip and i am like shit so i zoom in and pop the plane comes crashing down kills me but i still got that asome kill
ok i like sniping people with my knife
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6712|California

laying a crosshair on one spot, not moving it, and having someones head move into that spot

awesome
5.56HaleStorm
Gangsta Crizza
+10|6575|Sydney, Aus
Headshots ftw. Claywhoring (?) is pretty good too, but only in moderation.
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6634|Burmecia, Land of the Rain
hey stryyker,

where'd your old sig with all the "OMFGZ HAX!!" accusations go? lol.. nice new sig tho

[/offtopic]

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard