[CANADA]_Zenmaster
Pope Picard II
+473|6747

I'm looking for a good program to use for editing videos I obtain in raw RGB from fraps of BF2. Currently I am using virtual dub and video edit magic 4. I used to have Ulead but I wasn't happy with that. Any suggestions on what to use?

I've noticed audio de-syncing with video edit magic, so I am unhappy with this product. Also I am currently using Xvid and AC3 for video/audio - anyone have anything that can beat that in terms of commonly used compressors? I have a big video I am trying to half the size from 500mb -> 250mb but retain as much quality as I can.

Also, does anyone know an alternative to FileFront for large file hosts with no limits? Rapidshare is too slow, google wants too many days to verify the content and it is streaming, and youtube is streaming too. I want users to be able to download the videos to their HD.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6721|California

Sony Vegas is pretty good..

and if you have the skills, Adobe Premiere
Wicked89
+1|6691

stryyker wrote:

Sony Vegas is pretty good..

and if you have the skills, Adobe Premiere
Truff.
kessel!
Peruvian Cocaine
+261|6766|Toronto Canada
final cut pro hd. its great. if anyone wants to see things i've done with it, pm me
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6721|California

ah final cut as well
a bit pricey if you dont steal it though
JP3
+8|6671|Grammar Land
Hell yes to the Final Cut, it's solid as hell; By far the best NLE out there.  I really am not a Premier fan at all, and I tend to avoid After Effects for as long as possible for my compositing.  But all that is moot regardless, as I assume you are on a PEE CEE. 

I toyed with Vegas a little, and it seemed like an okay program.  When I was in school, we were using a combination of Media100 setups, and Avid's.  I don't know what your familiarity with NLE's is like, but you should check out Avid.  They actually have a free version of their Xpress software, which is like a trimmed down version of the big boy, but it's great if don't want to pay for/steal software and you don't have access to a mac.
E7IX3R
is drunk and crazy
+216|6689|UK
Sorry but for legal reasons, you'll have to take this to PM, no lesser legal links here

PS. You didnt hear that from me

Last edited by =Robin-Hood= (2006-04-28 12:03:39)

Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS
Woah! That was weird. The forums went 404 and crazylinked for a few seconds.

Lol, elixer, going torrents now are we?
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
[CANADA]_Zenmaster
Pope Picard II
+473|6747

File sharing is still legal in Canada, but if I recollect you can only have it for like 24 hours. Not that anyone checks, but I only need this for one video anyway... wink Thanks guys, sounds like Final Cut is where it is at.
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6772|AUS, Canberra
adobe premier is good and real easy to use even if your a noob at it like me.
dubbs
+105|6633|Lexington, KY
Pinnacle is nice from what I hear.  I have Final Cut Express, great thing that I know a guy that works at Apple no illegal downloads here.
Stealth42o
She looked 18 to me officer
+175|6673
Pinnacle

It's the best.
BellusEndus
Make love not war
+59|6624|Edinburg
Personal experience with Pinnacle and Premiere wasn't great, but then I didn't put much time into it and was only trying to convert AVIs into DVD (had a huge audio sync problem so I gave up).

If the video is good they'd probably host it for you here in the files section, no harm in asking atleast.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6721|California

WMM!!!

its teh b3stetes for teh v1d30 3d1t1ng!!

or not
kessel!
Peruvian Cocaine
+261|6766|Toronto Canada
use final cut. get it free. apple also makes some great post production software such as shake.
IronFerret
+48|6658|Mexico City.
Final cut or Adobe premier, i have use both.

Last edited by IronFerret (2006-04-27 21:34:34)

alpinestar
+304|6597|New York City baby.
put me down for sony vegas.
kessel!
Peruvian Cocaine
+261|6766|Toronto Canada
make poll! thats why i love my macbook - i can own noobs with the windows half, then edit video in an easy switch.
alpinestar
+304|6597|New York City baby.
yeah macs are good for graphic stuff
Daysniper
+42|6636
For cheap (or free, it was automatically loaded onto my computer), use Windows Movie Maker (it has several limitations, but its free!). The file has to be in .avi format, though. Use RAD Video tools to convert it.

If you want really good software, use Adobe. Duh.

Oh, and if you have a mac (?) you can use iMovie.
Breez
AKA: badhq
+937|6633|Derby, England

I use premier pro But lookingt at this threds Im gona have to try sumthing new :-) Sumnice tools here Great replyes guys.

Peace Boris
skratch-x
+25|6638|NY, USA
Do any of you know how I can capture video off a DV camera with USB 2.0?  Premiere 1.5 only lets you use Firewire.
JP3
+8|6671|Grammar Land
I only use Firewire and DVcam, to be honest, I didn't know there were DVcam's with USB 2.0 connections. 

As far as I am aware of, you are looking at needing a capture deck, which is going to set you back quite a bit.  I'm assuming you are talking about editing BF2 movies, and unless you have gobs of disposable income, it's not really practical for this sort of thing... though there are some DVD/DV combo players that might work (I don't know this for a fact, I'm just going on speculation).

JP

Last edited by JP3 (2006-04-29 01:39:38)

xaven
+25|6735|Berlin
try AVID (free)

sony vegas and adobe premiere are also good and nice to handle, but a 30 days free version, well... 30 days for a good video?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard