Apc35%35% - 57
Tank42%42% - 68
Neither, i hate armor5%5% - 8
Buggy FTW16%16% - 27
Total: 160
FesterTheMolester
BF2s US Server Admin, IRC>Forums
+157|6656|The Mind Of A Cereal Killer
just wondering your oppinions on APC vs Tanks, i voted for apc, it rapes infantry, but little hope against tanks
FriiginChomper
+41|6717
if i had a choice, id pick a tank because it is the most powerful armor, but i like APC's and Tanks the same.
{CN}420
+30|6694
Tank, it can own APCs. It is slow, so I never use them on open maps though.
wachtler83
+22|6602|Columbus,Ohio
experienced apc driver will own a tank any day of the week. example 15 rds and tow tank is done before it can reload.
wahjot
+30|6601
running people over is the most satisfying
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6613|Seattle

I used to love the tank before 1.2 when you could actually kill people with the coax
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
{CN}420
+30|6694

wachtler83 wrote:

experienced apc driver will own a tank any day of the week. example 15 rds and tow tank is done before it can reload.
I totally disagree here. 2 shots from a tank will kill an apc. 1 tow (from the apc) +15 rounds will only half way damage a tank.
ssonrats
+221|6661
APC all the way, way better for troops the scatter damage can be devastating for groups of troops.
FesterTheMolester

wachtler83 wrote:

how what do you mean,  always aim for under the turret, and i always get owned
wachtler83
+22|6602|Columbus,Ohio
tank treads are the weakest point on a tank always aim there
Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6649|USA
Wheel Barrow Ftw!
IronFerret
+48|6673|Mexico City.
APC=Better against infantry
TANK= Better against armor, not as good with infantry.

anyway i like both of them.

Last edited by IronFerret (2006-04-27 15:47:53)

FesterTheMolester
i love how buggy has just as many votes as anything else.

Buggy FTW
Hiei987
+20|6708
I like APCs for city maps and tanks for air maps. Although an APC on Karkadan can sometimes become an iron grave if the other team isn't lazy enough to have like 4 people play AT. Most of the time me and my friend come up to the hill where US spawn as MEC APCs and engis and spend the whole round killing people who run down. Yet only like two people ever spawn as ATs, which isn't ever enough to kill us.
Ugaminor
+21|6689

FesterTheMolester wrote:

i love how buggy has just as many votes as anything else.

Buggy FTW
LOL!  Got my vote.  A finely placed jihadi buggy can own either tank AND APC with engies! (I think... don't know if engies were in those two deathtraps but I digress)

But I say APC's for infantry, tanks for armor and Jihadi Buggy FTW!
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6691|Canberra, AUS
APC - It's got a much quicker rate of fire, with a splash damage that's comparable to the tank's, it's got TOW Missles! It's much quicker and can hold troops who can hop out and blast the tank and repair you at the same time (if you have a good squad)
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
banksd1983
APC whore
+20|6681
Apc

<---
l41e
+677|6664

Quite frankly I like the NJ 2046 the best, and I'm dead serious. The gun rocks and roadkills are fun (engineers have arm time on the mines so they can't do anything).
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6665|Washington DC

{CN}420 wrote:

wachtler83 wrote:

I totally disagree here. 2 shots from a tank will kill an apc. 1 tow (from the apc) +15 rounds will only half way damage a tank.
If the apc tow is on the front treads or the tank rear, then the 15 rounds is about right ... but most of the time the tank wins.
bobroonie.bda
+143|6697

wachtler83 wrote:

well an experienced tank driver would own the tow / apc and chopper
nodehopper
+56|6648
APC vs Tank  -- head to head -- I think it is the players and strategy that decides who wins. I good player in an APC will beat a tank with a suck-ass driver and vice-versa. Maybe throw in a 20% differential depending on terrain, distance, etc. ( i.e. An APC that can hide behind buildings between reloads will beat a tank in the open most times.)

But one difference that I like to favor for the tank is the gunner position. A good gunner who can look around for the driver and take out AT guys, C4 guys, and shoot the crap out of helis ....in my opinion, makes the tank a better vehicle than the others in the poll.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6691|Canberra, AUS
Ah, but with the APC, you can have 5 other guys jump out

Let's say, 3 AT's who take out the tank in a few seconds. 1 engineer to repair, and a medic/support.

That is a good squad. That will dominate.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6710|Howell, Mi USA
I picked tanks but i like both.

Tanks= tough, powerfull, slow
APC= Almost as tough, not as powerfull, but faster.

U can rape infantry with an APC but soon as a tank rolls up ur screwed. A tank can rape infantry almost as well and is a good fight against another tank. Just be sure to fire first and don't miss.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
InviSniper
The first true Sniper.
+95|6660|Cumberland, MD, USA
I like APC and full-armor tanks equal, but the APC is better for infantry and can navigate water; handy advantages on certain maps. The full-armor tanks are better against other vehicles though.
khmer
+86|6693|Central California
Tank because my mission is to take out the enemy armor. I try to have the AT kit with the rockets ready to dominate and have that extra shot while the main tank weapon reloads.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard