Tunacommy
+56|6609|Massachusetts, USA
I have been getting into Teamspeak servers and talking to people in game about it - we are not alone here - seems to be a big problem with the current game - and they don't seem to really care about fixing it.....

my advice - give it up and download teamspeak and find servers that run TS instead of trying with the BF VOIP feature!
Sambuccashake
+126|6599|Sweden
Well the thing is I want to communicate with my squad mates no matter what server I play on so the TS solution is not the one for me I'm afraid.

And most of all I want to be able to scream at my gunner for not using the TV missile on choppers and tanks...
Tunacommy
+56|6609|Massachusetts, USA
^^ I hear you - it would be nice - I am one of those unfortunate ones who was never able to figure the whole thing out.....seems like it works for some, and for some it doesn't no matter what you do!  Good luck.
warpigsacey
Banned
+11|6570|Pittsburgh, Pa
I still haven't gotten a reply to my question. Does anybody know how I can get voip enabled in my server?

I already checked the enable box in Bf2cc, but there is still no sound....
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6616|UK

warpigsacey wrote:

I still haven't gotten a reply to my question. Does anybody know how I can get voip enabled in my server?

I already checked the enable box in Bf2cc, but there is still no sound....
Does your provider give you any form of a web control panel? i.e. access to the config files
bullit
Tank Troll
+71|6678|London, UK
No one can hear me on VOIP, i open my bf2 folder and open that bf2 voip configuration thingy and i make sure my sound is captured, i save it and click OK. When i reopen it, the settings arent saved :S , can anyone help me? noone can hear me ingame at all
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6695|67.222.138.85
I'm gonna try one last time to get my BF2 voip working and/or 2142, I still can't get it to work. I have a logitech USB mic that works fine for tests and teamspeak, but I can't figure out how to make it work in game. If there is anything differently for a USB mic, please tell me.
straz_mataz
Banned
+86|6523|Edmonton Alberta
okay what i have had to do to get the ingame voip to work is i have to ALT-Tab out of bf2/2142 go to my volume controls and for some reason bf2/2142 ALWAYS mutes the mic so i have to uncheck that and usually the voip will work fine after that.... and my mic always works with ts its just the shitty ingame voip that i ahve trouble with
valakivi
Wish i had under 100 ping
+7|6446|Lima, PERU

Tunacommy wrote:

hmmm

did what you recommended....still no VOIP for me.

It works in the testing I do in the control panel - and in the VOIP Setup.exe in BF2....

One strange thing....when I test it in the OPTIONS screen in BF2 - SOMETIMES I can get it to work...other times it doesn't....but if I repetitively press the button TEST MIC (or whatever it says) in the in game set up....1 out of 10 times it actually works....when I hit APPLY SETTINGS...it doesn't work again.....
exactly my problem.
yendor
+1|6345
Hello,

I have a very strange problem as well.

Observation 1: When i go to test my Mic it only works in the testing area if i make a noise into the Mic right before i say something.

Problem: However, the really strange part is coming up. Some servers i go to i can hear everyone else and i am able to talk to people. So i thought my problem was cleared up. However if i go to a different server nothing happens, i cant hear my squad members or talk to them. For example, there are two large servers out there called Moon Gaming. One allows my Mic to work just fine the other does not work. No matter when i use the server and it is not just a one time thing, it happens like this every time. I play on 2 other servers frequently as well. One works and the other does not. So BF2 is being really selective. Maybe it has something to do with different kind of ports the servers use?

If you are having problems with your Mic I would recommend trying different servers and test them out as well.

Thanks for any help in advance!

Yendor
Unit120
+1|6190
i have tryed all of the listed thing but it still doesnt work
will i just be a VOIP less player??? ;-(

Works in testing zone and when i log in to servers people on TS tell me they can see that it should work for me but as soon as i press join game it doesnt work anymore ?????

Last edited by Unit120 (2007-06-04 04:35:20)

Zathras
+2|6141
Whenever I run BF2VoiceSetup.exe, it crashes when I click "save settings", and it does not recognize my microphone regardless of the mic port, bit Vista recognizes the microphone.  Any suggestions?  I cannot set up my microphone in game either.
updawg
+4|6488|Texas
I'm having the mute problem now as well.  It had been working fine, but now when I try to do the microphone test, no sound comes out.  I alt+tab into control panel, the mic was on mute so I unmuted.  Go back to the microphone test, and still get no sound.  So frustrating.
Jugador
+0|5579
I'm having a VOIP problem as well.

My problem is a little bit different from yours, but here it goes..

I have played BF2 since the demo came out and have never before had problems with the VOIP. I use Ventrilo and Teamspeak to talk to my clan mates and VOIP to talk to people in squad.

I have recently reinstalled my OS Win XP and all other programs. I can use TS and VT, but as i install the game the BF2VoiceSetup.exe will not respond to my talking. The only time the indicator goes green is when I set the level bar at the bottom. Either in game audio options will respond to my setup.

The strange thing is, that I am using VT and/or TS when playing and my clan mates can hear me, but no one can hear me with the VOIP.

I have removed the sound card driver to install an older one (the one I used before the reinstallation of my OS). I have reinstalled BF2 but the problem persists.

Before reinstalling my OS i saved my profiles and copied the old audio. con, video.con, controls.con and general.con to my profiles folder in the documents. Just as I always do when retrieving my nick.

I hope you can help me.

Best regards
Jugador
GameGod
+1|5459|California
I know this is a super old friend but I think the leading thread needs to be changed:

You CAAAAAAN use a microphone other than the standard OS mic (If you didn't know this already) under xp.

You need to go to sounds and audio devices and choose the sound input/recording tab (NOT THE VOICE CHAT TAB) and set the input device to your usb mic (just like choosing an input device on teamspeak or ventrilo). Bf2 looks at win xp's sound recording device, not microphone/voice recording device, but feel free to set both just to be sure.
+CGO+Stinger
+1|6669
Well after a 3yr absence, I'm back running the game on a newer system.  Initially when I plugged my headset/mic in it worked for one game, now nothing.  My dxdiag doesn't have the acceleration slider as you stated above.  I can record through my mic so I know it works.  Any thoughts.  The game runs flawlessly aside from this hiccup.

Vista 64 with onbrd sound Realtek HD Audio

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard