Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6759
Lets get the flaming... I mean discussion started! IMO Mashtuur is the ultimate infantry map.

https://wiki.bf2s.com/_media/maps/strike-at-karkand-64.jpg?w=&h=&cache=cachehttps://wiki.bf2s.com/_media/maps/mashtuur-city-64.jpg?w=&h=&cache=cache

Karkand/Mashtuur

2 APCs and 1 tank each/1 tank each

US has uncap base/neither side has uncap base

US cant lose vehicles/both sides can lose vehicles

No transport helicopters/1 transport heli each

Only one or two good places for sniping/many places to snipe, but enough paths to dodge snipers. (unlike Wake, for example)

Total grenade and claymore spamming/big enough for them to be less effective.

Constant spawnraping due to small size and lack of spawn points/many spawnpoints at each base.

Support and medic classes only ones worth using/other classes are viable as well as those two

Full of pointwhores who care only about knife badges and getting their rank up/much more teamwork orientated

Very linear map/360 degree apporachable map

-------------

Anyway, add any comparisons in favour of Kark or Mash that you like.

Last edited by Talon (2006-04-21 15:09:30)

Teeksy90
Superior lord
+150|6625|Norway
good comparison +1
Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6759
Yes, feel free to give me karma if you like it...
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6763|Dallas
Agreed.
FesterTheMolester
BF2s US Server Admin, IRC>Forums
+157|6638|The Mind Of A Cereal Killer

Talon wrote:

Support and medic classes only ones worth using/other classes are viable as well as those two
WRONG
Everything is useful there, AT, i mean come on, Assult whoops ass there using the f2000

overall, karkand ownz mashtuur
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6751
Yea, Mashtuur is a good map.

Last edited by Dr.Battlefield (2006-04-21 09:14:50)

Teeksy90
Superior lord
+150|6625|Norway

Talon wrote:

Ditto
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6661|USA
+1 for the post. Great comparison of the facts, though your opinions leaked through at the end....

Mash > Kark
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6693|Howell, Mi USA
Very nice +1
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6645

Talon wrote:

I gave you +1 for the post but -1 for getting cocky.
voltage
+46|6839|Sweden
Well, I think all maps is better than Karkand, but Karkand is better than all other maps in one way: closeness to battle. There are more walking in Mashtuur and some care a lot about that (I don't).

Mashtuur have better flanking possibilities though, you can come from another direction - or from above.

Mashtuur is also symmetric - ticket drain coz of flag happens when one side have more flags than the other. In Karkand, US only need to take 1 or perhaps 2 flags to start ticket drain on the MEC team. This is normally not a problem if the total amount of players are right. However, on Karkand, US will have a benefit as the number of players on each side gets lower because MEC will have problem watching all their flags. I hope that made sense.

I agree with what you say in the OP. AT is underestimated on that map, there are so many jeeps and DPVs driving around.
WarmPudgy
+41|6586|Arkansas
i like mashtuur better, theres plenty of open spaces to deter tank whores
but at the same time theres plenty of cover for the infantry
and at the same time theres plenty of places for a sniper

for karkand, theres plenty of choke points to lay mines/c4/claymores for traps
and its an engineer friendly map as theres plenty of armor
and the thick fog really hinders snipers
{RS}Diamonddog
+6|6641|Weymouth, England
Mashtuur was fun until they made the blackhawk so weak that you get shot down every 2 minutes even with an engineer in the back.
MrKamikaze
+10|6640|East

FesterTheMolester wrote:

Talon wrote:

WRONG
Everything is useful there, AT, i mean come on, Assult whoops ass there using the f2000

overall, karkand ownz mashtuur
^ what he said
Tushers
Noctwisaskfirtush
+224|6683|Some where huntin in Wisconsin
chuga luga a luga aluga aluga chuge a luga choo choo!
Burning_Monkey
Moving Target
+108|6836
I don't much care for Karkand, but I do like Mashtuur a lot.
jord
+2,382|6677|The North, beyond the wall.
I agree with the post,Mashtuur is probobly the best bf2 not spec forces city map.
Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6645|Peoria
Also, on Mashtuur you can take a blackhawk/shoebox up to like 500 feet and have squads spawn on you for HALO jumps (Easiest way to win)
1927(h)
I disagree, for me Sharqui is the best map as the battle seems closer, ie you spawn and face fire.  Just like Mashtuur a helicopter can dominate the round.
voltage
+46|6839|Sweden
You're right, the distances are even shorter on Sharqi.
deject
Got His War On
+37|6772|Golden, CO
I wouldn't mind Mashtuur so much if I didn't lose on it all the time.  It seems like my team always sucks on that map.  Purely analytically, Mashtuur is pretty good.

In my opinion, FuShe Pass > Sharqi Peninsula > *.
Nagarond.Damminson
+16|6756
burning monkey, i give you +1 for your sig quote!

as for maps... i like sharqi personally. Although i think the chopper gun on the MEC side is a little overpowered with its splash damage. You dont even really have to aim well to kill anyone in the gun, although there are enough jeeps/vodniks around that you can sit in and kill all but the best chopper pilots/gunners pretty easily, or at least scare them away from raping the infantry.

Armor is well balanced in sharqi. With so many hills, passages through/over/around buildings, no armor will be overpowering and able to reallyrape a base or spawnkill. Sharqi ultimatly boils down to infantry combat. Maybe 1 less mec base would be a little more balanced, but its a good map and incorporates most every aspect of the game (excluding flying) in a well balanced battle scenario.

Last edited by Nagarond.Damminson (2006-04-21 11:37:37)

Kratos Aurion
+36|6641|Sweden
For me is Sharqi Peninsula the best infantry map. A lot of close quater combat, two attackchoopers and they are often easy to dodge. Good variation, with alleys, hills, many rooftops and so on. Many sniperspots and hideouts.
The tanks don't own and are easy to take out.
And you're always close to the battle.

Last edited by Kratos Aurion (2006-04-21 11:41:32)

voltage
+46|6839|Sweden
misc info on Mashtuur (the 64 size version):

the MEC stinger site can lock on a chopper when it reaches the 2 closest spawn points - before the chopper actually is visible due to the fog. That makes it hard for the gunners to kill you (assuming the fog works the same at their altitude). The BH almost always goes to either of those spawn points when the game starts, so if you go up there immediately you might get some easy kills for a start.
E7IX3R
is drunk and crazy
+216|6687|UK
I love mashtuur. One round I will player sniper, the next a medic finishing in the top 3 both times usually.

Sometimes I will play as engineer if I'm playing with people I play with regulary and speak over VoIP with, We'll get one tank, destroy the USMc if they have it, get to the backyard and wait til the other tank spawns and have two tanks for our team.

Thats when you become unstoppable (if you have two gunners keeping c4 and at mines at bay)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard