Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6591|Your attic
I said I would in some topic so here we go, not great I admit but didn't spend to long over it

Available in 2 flavours

25MB (Hi res-recommended)
http://media.putfile.com/A-short-sniping-video

11MB (lower res-For slow internet connections)
http://media.putfile.com/Me-Sniping-lower-res

Feel free to make any comments, good or bad, just give reasons this is my first ever video, so give ideas not just opinions.

P.S yes I know the ending is crap, but I ran out of music
TrueArchon
Enemy Sniper..." *BOOM* "Nevermind... got him...
+61|6594|Las Vegas, NV USA
Entertaining.  I'd just recommend changing "quater" to "quarter."
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6591|Your attic

TrueArchon wrote:

Entertaining.  I'd just recommend changing "quater" to "quarter."
ha, knew there'd be a spelling mistake in there somewhere, oh well, can't really change it as it's all saved on putfile and I can't be bothered to upload it again.
Thanks for the positive comment though
Psycho~*DS*~
Banned
+50|6599
Sick video man. Thats a lot of nice sniping and nice editing.
R0lyP0ly
+161|6654|USA
Excellent. I loved the part of the rapid kills boom boom boom. BUT.....as with all sniper vids, some kills looked a bit fishy...

all in all 10 / 10
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6591|Your attic

Psycho~*DS*~ wrote:

Sick video man. Thats a lot of nice sniping and nice editing.
Thank you

R0lyP0ly wrote:

Excellent. I loved the part of the rapid kills boom boom boom. BUT.....as with all sniper vids,
some kills looked a bit fishy...

all in all 10 / 10
Well as with most videos that anyone makes it doesn't tell the whole truth, a couple were second shot kills, would have shown the first hit but the editing didn't allow for it. Thanks to you as well
Shiftybf2
+0|6585
Yeah nice video, Do you always aim a little over there heads even at close range?
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6591|Your attic

Shiftybf2 wrote:

Yeah nice video, Do you always aim a little over there heads even at close range?
Kind of a habit from long range shooting, always aim at the top of the head, that way if bullet drop does come into play you still get the 1 hit kill.
-=raska=-
Canada's French Frog
+123|6626|Quebec city, Canada
yeah cool video I especially liked the 2nd kill when you only see the guy's head

Last edited by -=raska=- (2006-04-20 19:32:11)

bob_6012
Resident M-14 fanatic
+59|6655|Lancaster Ohio, USA
Nice vid man...some of those shots were awesome...and you're right...don't underestimate the sniper up close...I can dominate with an SVD up close...can't wait to get the L96A1 though...only another 6000 points...at any rate nice work man...
Ryle
+1|6752|Seattle
Nice shots, the L96A1 is byfar the easiest sniper to snipe with, i dont have it yet lol. im pretty good with m95, i always use it over m24 cuz of glass penetration.

Your stats dont really reflect your uber sniping vid :S

Good watch though.
Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6649|South Korea.

Towelly wrote:

I said I would in some topic so here we go, not great I admit but didn't spend to long over it

It was good but...l96A1? *overdone* and you were a bit cocky... 6/10
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6639|Montreal, Qc, Canada
rly nice video man !!! keep workinf on the next one :-P ... when you see video like that you just wanna run BF2 and play with it , the L96A1 is fkn good to snipe with it, i have it but dont use it so much, but after that imma try it more:P
khmer
+86|6677|Central California
Pretty cool. Me likes.

You know I see lots and lots of sniper videos. Why not any spec ops carbine action? Would that be to boring? Or how come nobody makes any shock paddle kills video. I wouldn't mind seeing something different for a change. How about a video on Grenade launching post 1.22. Don't get me wrong I like seeing sniping videos, they're cool.

Last edited by khmer (2006-04-20 20:10:28)

Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6591|Your attic
Firstly, yes the 2nd shot was my favourite as well, just looked quite cool
Second yea the sniper is an underestimated CQC kit, I mean it takes skill (that most of the time I don't have) but you can take out anyone in one shot if you do it right
Third, my stats awful for 1 reason, when I first started playing BF2 I played sniper (the camping type) got owned, and coz my old PC was shit, I had my view distance set to like 50%, bit of a no no.

Thanks to all of you as well
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6591|Your attic

Citizen One wrote:

Towelly wrote:

I dunno about cocky? I was going more for a funny angle

But yea the L9 was overdone, next video will have more M95 action, maybe even 100% if I get round to it. I just figured if you can have the best use it.
masculata
+24|6676|45° 30',North by 73° 35',West
LOL.... "Standing Still Tactic" 

M
Singultus
TrueArchon
Enemy Sniper..." *BOOM* "Nevermind... got him...
+61|6594|Las Vegas, NV USA

Towelly wrote:

Citizen One wrote:

Towelly wrote:

I dunno about cocky? I was going more for a funny angle

But yea the L9 was overdone, next video will have more M95 action, maybe even 100% if I get round to it. I just figured if you can have the best use it.
I kinda figured that he was going for the "funny angle" more than the "cocky," as well.  The L96 is a fine weapon, IMO, but I agree that it'd be interesting to see more angles to the sniper kit also.  Maybe a bit of M95 cockpit assassination, or SVD squad hunting would be entertaining.  Personally, I'm also a fan of those shots that save a teammate, and they don't even realize it!
Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6646
Any jackass can make himself appear better than he actually is with fraps. He only recorded the few lucky shots and kills he has gotten on his account. The stats do not lie:

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v256/deathbym0nkeyz/towellysucks.jpg

Just another mediocre sniper recording a handful of lucky kills over a long period of time.

Last edited by Fancy_Pollux (2006-04-21 01:55:52)

david363
Crotch fires and you: the untold story
+314|6739|Comber, Northern Ireland
for that i take my hat off to you...........if i were wearing one.........+1 karma
Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6646

david363 wrote:

for that i take my hat off to you...........if i were wearing one.........+1 karma
You are just one of the many tools in this thread fooled by clever usage of fraps.
wensleydale8
+81|6769|LEEDS!!!!!, Yorkshire
Good sniper vid Towelly +1 karma for you.
Dear God please let my karma one day reach 100, whether it be tomorrow or 1000 years in the future i want it to happen.
Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6646

wensleydale8 wrote:

Good sniper vid Towelly +1 karma for you.
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v256/deathbym0nkeyz/towellysucks.jpg

I'd like to see the FULL video, not just a bunch of 5 second clips where he gets a finishing shot. But noone makes videos showing them getting owned.

Last edited by Fancy_Pollux (2006-04-21 02:29:16)

Picouz/VoiD
The Insomniac
+39|6665

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

david363 wrote:

You are just one of the many tools in this thread fooled by clever usage of fraps.
Hmm, I do agree slightly, but you can't say that about my video because mine was all done in ONE round, I see myself as a little above mediocre
Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6646
In order for me to take any video seriously you must at least show an un-interrupted video, and for fucks sake, have a kill to death ratio of at least 1:1 with the weapon you're using!!! All of his shots were just the killing shots. Judging by his stats, he probably spent 5 minutes spraying and missing the person and then finally fraps'd the killing shot (notice how a shot to the arm kills someone). You people are sheep for buying into such bullshit so easily.

Last edited by Fancy_Pollux (2006-04-21 02:53:42)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard