NoConflict
+1|6835|Austin, Texas
Holy crap, I am amazed, i have been playing on just 2 speakers with BF2, so today I thought I would go down to my local Frys, and buy some surround sound headphones and a sound card, GOOD CHOICE. I went and got me a pair of Turtle Beach 5.1 Surround Sound Headphones, and a Sound Blaseter Audigy 2 sound card, wow, I could hear everything, the opposing medics around the corrner, and even enemy footsteps, i knew which way to turn in a split cause i heard their footsteps, this deffinatly made me a better player, its insane
Donnyboy
+1|6778
I've got 5 speaker surround sound, and it makes a huge difference. Especially when you hear an enemy on the other side of a wall calling for backup, or someone trying to sneak around and knife you in the back.
Mr_Sinistero
+1|6776|Australia
i am playing with two stereo speakers either side of my head and i get this effect a little, lookign forward to getting some headphones too though
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6840|"Frisco"

https://www.allesvoorjepc.nl/images/products/20600.jpg

Got 'em yesterday. Still futzing around with sound cards and what not (Optical, Digital Coax, 6 Way Direct, EAX, Dolby, SPDIF, BLAH BLAH BLAH.)

But deeeeyaaam... The sub....holy crap. I can't even turn it up to 25% without worrying that I'm waking up the next door neighbors!
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6781|Singapore

I know how that feels chuy haha... mine's on 30% and i can already hear a dull throbbing sound from the woofer (doggie) with the computer off but the speakers on. And when i fire a tank... wh00p dee d00.
Ag3nT-()r@ng3
Another German Mod
+6|6800|Lake Constanze, Germany
Surround is a great feature During the day, i use my 5.1 Canton hi-fi system...
For 'silent' gaming at night, i use my Speedlink Medusa 5.1 headset....

Greetz,
Agent
Stoned_Smurfz
The Mushroom Man
+1|6839|Australia
Lol alot of people should get this espically snipers who cant hear people walking up behind them to knife them.
Ive Been knifed sure but ive always known they were coming sometimes just too late. it helps heaps just hearing where the gun shot and so on is
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6840|-
My Plantronics headset with DSP works the same way

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard