Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6733

I came up with an interesting idea the other day, and tried to put it into action.

And it works. Wonderfully.

Next time you come across a sniper from behind, don't knife him. Instead, whip out your pistol and place a couple of well-aimed headshots. Two are enough. Then run off into hiding nearby.

This is what goes on in the sniper's head when you kill him with a knife:

Oh shit there's someone in the area, better spawn somewhere else or spawn as a more effective CQC kit.

This is what goes on in the sniper's head when you kill him with a pistol:

Wow damn some guy has good aim, shot me with a pistol. I better go back to my sniping spot so I can find and snipe him.

Get the gist?

I was able to kill some sniper 5 times on Sharqi before he realized i was right behind him.

Try it out.
pokerplaya
want to go heads up?
+11|6704|cairns australia
i usually shoot then think shit i need knife kills
so yes i have seen it work,it wont work on a good sniper though.
-=S8M=-Phoenix
+45|6763|South Cybertown, Texas
That’s funny, not sure if it would work with an experienced player like PorkerPlaya said.

On the same note (sorta), I was goofing around the other day as spec-ops. After taking out the commanders assets I went and found the commander (opposition). Put one pack of c4 on him, ran off, hid (so I could see him spawn) than blew the c4 . He spawns, runs over to a hiding spot and goes into his commander’s screen. I run over put another c4 pack on him and run off, hide blew c4. Right before I blew him up for the 4th time, he typed "Phoenix quite spawn camping", could hardly stay in my chair I was LMAO!

Last edited by -=S8M=-Phoenix (2006-03-25 07:15:40)

ssonrats
+221|6615
To avoid this i place claymores where my sniper spot is so no one can sneek up on me.
section9
+9|6817|USA
Bingo
Renagade Warrior
+0|6734|U.K
I like to just jump right in front of a sniper's view so they can have a nice look at me before I kill them
Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6730
No no no. All wrong. headshot them from clsoe range with a sniper. Then they'll think you're miles away.
CTD-CaptainBuck
BLEEDING BLUE
+71|6737|Tenn
i like coming up behind them as a medic and say "Get First Aid, here." most of the times they dont even bother looking(and people wonder why i never changed my options to "English VO only")
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6729|San Antonio, Texas

CTD-CaptainBuck wrote:

i like coming up behind them as a medic and say "Get First Aid, here." most of the times they dont even bother looking(and people wonder why i never changed my options to "English VO only")
Ya, that "feature" is the stupidest thing to activate.

*On-Topic*

I rarely knife anyone now-a-days, partly because I already have the expert knife badge, and partly because it gives away your position as Coolbeano stated.
xaven
+25|6703|Berlin
wow, nice idea.

You've been awarded: Expert Pistol Combat Badge!

Favorite victim: UselessSniperGuy (18)
[KF|BF2]PainKiller
+0|6622
lol @xaven
-=Meshekal=-
+2|6712|United Kingdom
I tend to move position after every few kills, so it wouldn't work on me ^^

I'm a knife crazy though, so I probably won't try this I like jumping at people with my knife. Did it to a tank once, like the AI used too. Funny thing was, he got out, confused. Probably thought I was going to C4 him or something

Last edited by -=Meshekal=- (2006-04-08 06:46:29)

voltage
+46|6810|Sweden
Knife is stealthy, pistol isn't.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6570|132 and Bush

Heaven forbid a sniper put a clay behind him like he is supposed to.

Last edited by Kmarion (2006-04-08 07:13:15)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6703|Singapore
i really like the mec way of talking especially the enemy units on the move and the first aid:P
PRiMACORD
+190|6595|Home of the Escalade Herds

CTD-CaptainBuck wrote:

This one time i heard "enemy sniper spotted" being spammed behind me while i was sniping on some roof in Oman (as MEC). I knew right away this guy was trying to pull something off so without looking behind me i quickly jumped off the building, layed a claymore as i landed and when he chuted down, pop
lord_tyler_486
+54|6722|Upper Franconia
I've started to defibrillate snipers and such now lol
just got 3 defibrillator kills in one round

But you might be right, shooting with a pistol if its silenced will cause the sniper to go back to his position [or at least near this]
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6690|California

i personally prefer shock paddling them in that situation. ive benn coming across people who put claymores right under themselves, so they suicide bomb when i try to knife them
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6731

I dont knife them, I teabag them.
dshak
+4|6783
1) If killed with a pistol I still assume that they are in the area, 2) when you headshot from close range they'll know you're close, ala the LOUD crack of the rifle. Unlike life, where your head would likely explode before you hear the shot, in BF2 your soul lives on in another plain of existence known as the spawn screen, and the transition is smooth enough that you have a pretty good idea whats going on around you in your immediate area when you die.

I always say screw it, I knife them, then I LEAVE. They deserve to get shanked, just like I deserve it when I'm lying in the weeds two miles from the action bothering people.

NOTE: ESPECIALLY if its a silenced pistol I still assume they are right there, because the lack of sights on those things make really long range kills near impossible (can't see what you're shooting beacuse of the supressor)

NOTE #2: Anytime you're a sniper and you get killed, if you return to the exact same place you are a complete moron. No matter how good you think the spot is, if you just got whacked obviously someone figured it out, and he won't have any trouble whacking you again next time his captain starts barking about you again.

Last edited by dshak (2006-04-08 11:22:58)

Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6733

dshak wrote:

NOTE #2: Anytime you're a sniper and you get killed, if you return to the exact same place you are a complete moron. No matter how good you think the spot is, if you just got whacked obviously someone figured it out, and he won't have any trouble whacking you again next time his captain starts barking about you again.
Shh!
deject
Got His War On
+37|6743|Golden, CO
When I knife someone I just go on.  I don't stay in the area long unless I'm capturing a flag.
BVC
+325|6665
Except they can usually see you running round above their corpse even when they're dead.

When I knife, its mostly a tactical decision; its quiet, and won't alert nearby enemies to my presence, and almost as important, knives never run out of ammo.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard