Y-D-Donut?
Want glazed or chocolate?
+2|6642|Puerto Rico

JaMDuDe wrote:

Y-D God doesnt only do miracles on believers, he loves everybody. You guys will always be able to doubt things. Its pretty sad when theres a miracle the science people need to say " It must have been a mis-diagnosis" or sumthing. Y-D is your friend still a non-believer today?
sorry i took so long to answer ur question, i was out of Puerto Rico without a PC.

Yes, he is still an unfaithful person. He never belived God did anything. He belived in  what he saw, what he was proven, not in what he though. He is just like me, belives in facts, not myths. And we both think that is what god is, a myth, becuase NO ONE knows for sure if he exists, if what the bible says is true, that what some "feel" is someone touching their heart.
muscleback
+0|6614
Wow what a topic. Stuff like this always get pretty deap. Science has never proven anything. They only have "THEORYS". Thats because there is too many holes in what the come up with.

Y-D, to answer your question. After adam and eve sinned, that gave birth to sin on earth. Satin a fallen angle now the ability to create sin and havoc. God who gave his life for these sins gave us free will. We now have the choice to fallow him and be forgive for the sins on earth.  9/11 and all the things that happen are from the sins on earth and satin having power to create sin.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6675|Canberra, AUS

KingLou wrote:

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

afewje wrote:

so what do u believe....
That while our bodies are flesh, we are beings, in a large part, also comprised of energy.  Energy cannot be destroyed, only change forms.  When we die, our energy simply changes form and moves on to another state of being.  In religious terms that may be called a soul, but I certainly don't believe in God, or heaven and hell.
Wow........where's the science to support THAT theory?  I will tell you what happens to the ENERGY that you are made up of when you die.  As your body decomposes, bacteria and other organisms consume your rotting flesh, providing nutrition (ie, energy) for themselves.  The engergy that you were once made of is returned to the earth, in a thousand an one different forms.  So, your state of being becomes a healthy colony of bacteria, fungi, plants, worms, etc.

I really get bugged when people start touting that science is constantly disproving the existance of God.  How?  Evolution?  I'm Catholic....I believe in God, and that he is responsible for creating life as we know it.........and I ALSO believe in evolution (I'm a biology major, and currently in med school).  Why do the two have to be polar opposites.  Because of the creation story in the Bible?  Here's a hint.......it's a STORY......told to people thousands of years ago, who would have NO IDEA whta the hell evolution was if you tried to explain it to them.  I don't consider the Bible to be a historical referance manual to be taken literally without question.  Some religious people do.....and I'll be honest, I think they may be misguided in that regard.  And then there's the scientists that think science disproves the existance of God.  On what basis exactly?  However.......these are the extremes..........there are the very religious (like myself) that believe that science and God are actually complimentary...........and there are many scientists (like myself) that feel like the more they learn of science, the more they are convinced of a higher power.  Study, for instance, in detail the process of human fertilization.  Every odd is AGAINST the sperm finding it's way to the egg.....and that's just the first part of the process.  If you really knew everything that had to happen JUST PERFECT in order for a woman to get pregnant, logic would tell you that it should be near impossible for it to happen.......almost like winning the lottery.  Yet, billions of people manage to get pregnant.....no such luck with the lotteyr.  Clearly we have no shortage of people making babies.

KiL
Most would argue that our sperm EVOLVED to beat off those odds. Naturally, those that did not could not reproduce nearly as much (a la natural selection)

On all other counts, ABSOLUTELY agreed.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Spark
+874|6675|Canberra, AUS

muscleback wrote:

Wow what a topic. Stuff like this always get pretty deap. Science has never proven anything. They only have "THEORYS". Thats because there is too many holes in what the come up with.

Y-D, to answer your question. After adam and eve sinned, that gave birth to sin on earth. Satin a fallen angle now the ability to create sin and havoc. God who gave his life for these sins gave us free will. We now have the choice to fallow him and be forgive for the sins on earth.  9/11 and all the things that happen are from the sins on earth and satin having power to create sin.
Yet another who swallowed Christian doctrine while forgetting to use their brain.

What do you think Jesus' mission was?

'9/11 and all the things that happen are from the sins on earth and satin having power to create sin'

This is the exact simplistic attitude that leads to something like 9/11.

The belief that God/Satan creates all evil things. This encourages FUNDEMENTALISM.

'Wow what a topic. Stuff like this always get pretty deap. Science has never proven anything. They only have "THEORYS". Thats because there is too many holes in what the come up with. '

Obviously you've never heard of, let's see. Earthquakes. Meteorites. The Greenhouse effect.

Need I go on? I could fill a big book with this and still be writing.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6644
I like satin, I like silk...
Spark
+874|6675|Canberra, AUS

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

I like satin, I like silk...
I like wool. It's cold outside.
~ Richard Feynman
JaMDuDe
+69|6778

Y-D-Donut? wrote:

If he really existed, and had been the merciful, the forgiver, the allmighty, the protector of good and destroyer of evil, why does he lets a 9/11 happen, why does he lets so many people die in a Holocaust.... why does he lets so many bad things happen even when everybody wastes their lives in prayers asking him no to let them happen?     im my opinion, he is a creation of manking for not letting us feel so alone in this place. All an illution, a made up thing, and not just god, but every other idol made by man,
9/11 and the holocaust were man made things, if He stopped all the bad people from doing bad things there wouldnt be free will. natural disasters arent caused by him but he allows them to take place because of sin and sometimes they are good for the environment.
Spark
+874|6675|Canberra, AUS

JaMDuDe wrote:

Y-D-Donut? wrote:

If he really existed, and had been the merciful, the forgiver, the allmighty, the protector of good and destroyer of evil, why does he lets a 9/11 happen, why does he lets so many people die in a Holocaust.... why does he lets so many bad things happen even when everybody wastes their lives in prayers asking him no to let them happen?     im my opinion, he is a creation of manking for not letting us feel so alone in this place. All an illution, a made up thing, and not just god, but every other idol made by man,
9/11 and the holocaust were man made things, if He stopped all the bad people from doing bad things there wouldnt be free will. natural disasters arent caused by him but he allows them to take place because of sin and sometimes they are good for the environment.
Show me how a tsunami is good for the environment.

Show me how an earthquake is good for the environment.

Show me how a hurricane is good for the environment.
~ Richard Feynman
JaMDuDe
+69|6778
i said sometimes and things like a forest fire clear brush from the forest floor and break open seeds
Spark
+874|6675|Canberra, AUS

JaMDuDe wrote:

i said sometimes and things like a forest fire clear brush from the forest floor and break open seeds
Then its hardly a disaster, is it?
~ Richard Feynman
JaMDuDe
+69|6778
http://www.pacificresearch.org/pub/sab/ … rests.html

Last edited by JaMDuDe (2006-04-15 18:38:39)

HornyToady
+3|6711|Wisconsin, USA
Well for me...I have a problem with the Eucharist....for one...I'm not a cannibal...and two...I'm not a vampire...
chrnoicle
+23|6605|Canada
Thats A Dum Joke About Catholics

Burn In Hell U Satan Child
HeavyMetalDave
Metal Godz
+107|6658|California
Ummm......

God or no God

does it matter? do u know what is right and wrong in your heart? then do right.

Its as simple as that.

Dont push,shove, yell, tease ,hate and kill.
Try Hug, hold, talk, compliment, love and create.

One more thing.... NO ONE knows the truth of life. no one.

Maybe we will never know, but still I rise everyday with a smile for the day to come.

As for me child, I believe in nothing really, just life, planets, suns. Thats all i know. And I'm cool with that.

Did you ever think that maybe the planet itself is alive, like a giant space cell. ehh... who knows?
HornyToady
+3|6711|Wisconsin, USA
No, chronicle...that wasnt a joke....most religions and societies has laws against such things...I am most definatly serious about that.
SilentNoise105
+5|6597
Well because jamdude doesn't seem to like reading my posts here it is again:

Okay, people choose to be evil, but you said god created us. Therefore god created us that way. He made our ability to choose. He knows everything we're gonna do, therefore he knows exactly how we're gonna act when he creates us, and in turn he creates some of us and makes us evil. If he can see everything, and he still chooses to create us all, then he creates some of us and endows those people with evil.

If god created us, then he created all the ways we think and act. Even freewill is something that he created. With this in mind THERE IS NO FAIR WAY FOR HIM TO JUDGE ANY OF US BECAUSE ANY FLAWS OR EVILS HE SEES IN US ARE EVILS HE MADE US OUT OF.

Either he created us all or he judges us all, he can't do both and still be a fair higher power.

Last edited by SilentNoise105 (2006-04-15 19:21:49)

JaMDuDe
+69|6778

JaMDuDe wrote:

Your giving God the blame for peoples personal choices. God didnt create evil people, he created people and they chose to be evil. I dont think Him knowing people wouldnt choose him was a good enough reason for him not to create us.
He didnt pick and say " your gona be a murderer and be doomed to hell". He created us and people chose to be againt him. He wants everyone to go to heaven. We cant understand everything even though you want to. He gave us all a chance. Ill try to get a better answer soon. 

He didnt make us evil, we made ourselves evil.

Last edited by JaMDuDe (2006-04-15 19:28:29)

JahManRed
wank
+646|6628|IRELAND

i live in ireland one of the las dastions of pure catholithism, and i am by baptism, a catholic......... i have been toutured by relaives coming back from Megegory and other religious sites in euope telling me that very little ppl get into heaven these days.........................
ballox........... religion is in the eye of the beholder............. do you beleive in right and wrong? You are your own god. 95% of all violent deaths in the last 1500 years are atributed to religious zelots and there teaching.................. use your heads ppl, dont be lead by others...... block out all the bullshit, teachings, propaganda and make up your own religion I say.
Personaly I beleive we live, we die, we rot, we retalise, so more grows, its a cycle. Thats my beleif. ITS MINE.... YOU HAVE YOURS, I HAVE MINE.
the problem with society today is that ppl cant respect that basic human right....... to beleive, to have ones own beleives, with our someones self righous saved shit for want of a better word trying to shove there misundersude vision of what they have been brain washed through state and religion into my head!!!! AGGGGH. stop being sheep ppl, think for your self.......... I dont know about you ppl, but I aint taken the word of mathew, mark, luke or john. The first gosple was wrote 30 years after jesus died. The last gosple was wrote 80 years after jesus dies...................... in my experence, you do a fart at the bottom od the street, by the time you get to the top of the street the roumors say you did a crap and wipped on someones face................. get a grip!!!!!!!!!!!
sry for my spelling, its 4am and im drunk!
muscleback
+0|6614

Spark wrote:

muscleback wrote:

Yet another who swallowed Christian doctrine while forgetting to use their brain.

What do you think Jesus' mission was?

'9/11 and all the things that happen are from the sins on earth and satin having power to create sin'

This is the exact simplistic attitude that leads to something like 9/11.

The belief that God/Satan creates all evil things. This encourages FUNDEMENTALISM.

'Wow what a topic. Stuff like this always get pretty deap. Science has never proven anything. They only have "THEORYS". Thats because there is too many holes in what the come up with. '

Obviously you've never heard of, let's see. Earthquakes. Meteorites. The Greenhouse effect.

Need I go on? I could fill a big book with this and still be writing.
I will not debate this with you. I just fill sorry for you. What you say sounds so ignorant and I am truely sorry that you feel that way.  This also is not an agrumaent against science. Science will only one day lead to God, for this earth is too complex for science. It was not 'till further studies in college that I relize that. I just pray that one day you will see the errors in your ways. God loves you
IronFerret
+48|6657|Mexico City.
i dont beleave in god. sadly some religions are becoming just a pretext for violence, manipulation, power and discrimination.

i do beleave in ethic and moral.

Last edited by IronFerret (2006-04-15 21:23:39)

Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6756|United States of America
There is one theory to clear this up, it was mentioned in my school a few months ago. It's a chart to show that no matter what happens there is a side to go on logically. ( I don't remember how to show the chart so I'm going to tell you how it works.)
1st) If there is a God or not, the worst thing to happen for eternity after beliving is nothing 2nd) if there is a God or not the best thing to happen after believing is Heaven 3rd) If there is a God or not, the worst thing to happen after NOT believing is Hell 4th) if there is a god or not the best thing to happen if there isn't one and you don't believe is nothing.

The worst thing to happen is Hell, the best is heaven.  If there is no god and you believe, ok you were wrong nothing will happen for the rest of eternity. If there is a God and you don't believe, hell. If there is one and you do believe heaven.
AAFCptKabbom
+127|6658|WPB, FL. USA
The battle for your soul is within you...

You may chose to believe and have faith of what has been handed down to you since the beggining of time or you may chose to believe in what someone has recently convienced themselves to be their version, or theory, of what life was and is all about.  It's a fact that the "here and now" human flaw is one battle we all have to fight. 

Someone made the comment about why is God allowing these bad things to happen - at what point are WE going to take responsibilty for our own actions - the part of OUR minds that believes in the "here and now" or "I don't care as long as I get mine".  Maybe it's the other way around and we have abandoned God.      We were all given this incredible gift of life by God - Maybe try thinking beyond your brief blink of life.

It seems that for the person who started this chat chose to do so with forthought before Easter.  Trying to plant a seed of doubt with the mind-set that his thoughts are more wise than all that is and will be.
The battle for your eternal soul is within your mind {good and evil or anything you want to call it}. 

Have a Happy and Blessed Easter - I have all to be humble for
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6632|949

I AM ALL THAT IS MAN....PRAISE TO SPRING EQUINOX
Answeller
Usual Suspect
+16|6699|İstanbul,Türkiye
While even a stupid pencil couldnt made itself, im not gonna believe that the whole universe poped up from nothing and become something complex we cant even figure it out yet, so im gonna keep believing something greater than myself.
HeavyMetalDave
Metal Godz
+107|6658|California
Where did god come from? whos his dad?

1 God?

theres either a whole bunch or none, like all things in the universe.

think about this.   If theres other life forms out in space, that would prove theres no GOD.

So are we alone?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard