+107|6704
wait so no 2142!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
xX[Elangbam]Xx
+107|6704
So Did It Get Cancelled Or Not!!!!!!!!!!!1
Quicke
+3|6605
I just had to create a forum account after i read this thread ^^

How many of you people screaming about laser weapons actually read the PC Gamer article where it states that there will be no laser or energy weapons in BF212 only good old fashioned propellant and metal.

And to all the people calling this BF3, its not this is BF2142 what BFV was to BF1942, and im pretty sure the real BF3 is already on the drawingboard.
xX[Elangbam]Xx
+107|6704
is it cancelled or not?
Quicke
+3|6605
BF2142 is not a april fools prank, EA and DICE officially released info about it almost a week and a half before April 1st. What BattlefieldMedic said was probably a joke Elangbam.
Firestarter
+12|6621
Ok I'm a serious Sci-Fi gamer, as long as it has a Mech and a Bladeless Helo I'm ready to drop out of school...not that I would...I wouldn't be able to develop(?) kick ass games...I have great ideas...anyways...oh and for the guys who say no Energy weapons heh I have some obvious news for ya...EMP stands for ElectroMagneticPulse....Electro...that's a common FORM of energy!!!!!!!! yeesh......anyways I like blue and the vid had blue bullets so I'm happy(er)
Quicke
+3|6605

Firestarter wrote:

Ok I'm a serious Sci-Fi gamer, as long as it has a Mech and a Bladeless Helo I'm ready to drop out of school...not that I would...I wouldn't be able to develop(?) kick ass games...I have great ideas...anyways...oh and for the guys who say no Energy weapons heh I have some obvious news for ya...EMP stands for ElectroMagneticPulse....Electro...that's a common FORM of energy!!!!!!!! yeesh......anyways I like blue and the vid had blue bullets so I'm happy(er)
Oh for crying out i was talking to the people who think the actual shooting weapons not the grenades would shoot lasers and plasma and whatnot. Closest you will get to a laser is in the description for one of the sniper rifles, i uses a laser to ignite the propellant for the real bullet. And btw those were only blue muzzle flashes dont see any blue balls of energy flying around in the video, do you?

Last edited by Quicke (2006-04-04 15:36:44)

josh's
Banned
+2|6696
wtf usible toilets what will thay do restore your health of just 4 shits a gaggles!!! and if ea dosent follow throughon every thing on that list and make the min requaier ments 1.9GHz and an ati 9550 ill be pissed cause then i can only play it on 1 of my comps!!! and i dont want them to slack off any more
SmilingBuddha
You laughin' at me, bitch?
+44|6656|Hong Kong
lol if u shit during the game then u take some weight of and u can run faster
Daysniper
+42|6642
What is a usable toilet?
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6727|California

Daysniper wrote:

What is a usable toilet?
a toilet you can use

dur
raz
+22|6671|England, UK
Is this toilet thing bullshit or what? ;s
Daysniper
+42|6642

raz wrote:

No, it is not shit by itself, you have to put some there

Last edited by Daysniper (2006-04-09 10:46:05)

raz
+22|6671|England, UK

Daysniper wrote:

raz wrote:

No, it is not shit by itself, you have to put some there
LMAOOOOO
StickyBombs
+8|6764|Sacramento, CA (USA)
So what are the other armies to come...the vulcans and the Klingons?  I have been dreading the day when the BF series would go into the future.  Long live BF1942 and BF2.  I won't be buying 2142...if I wanted Mech warriors or futureistic weapons I would have bought Mech assualt or HALO.

Last edited by StickyBombs (2006-04-09 12:37:32)

-=S8M=-Phoenix
+45|6800|South Cybertown, Texas
YAWN! If they were to have payed more attention to the problems (bugs) with BF2, I might have cared about what they came out with next!

I can't help but wonder what will happen to that game once it is put out! Will it's major bugs go unfixed because they are developing a newer game to promote?

Last edited by -=S8M=-Phoenix (2006-04-10 14:13:41)

Redratson
+2|6600
I can't wait for 2142 to come out I am going to have fun driving the mechs!

Last edited by Redratson (2006-04-10 20:40:28)

-EcS-Blade
Mr.Speakman
+153|6647|Manchester UK

Spearhead wrote:

Why don't they remake BF1942, with the ranking system/award system, the new graphics engine, and improved WW2 weapons?
great idea , i agree and for an add on pack they could bring out dc.
Quicke
+3|6605

<{SoE}>Agamemnar wrote:

Quake Wars > This POS
I like how you say that without having played either of the games
IronFerret
+48|6664|Mexico City.
look this

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/enemy … age=images

now someon tell me that those crapy bf2142 images are better than quake wars.

bf is a franchise of "realistic and historic battles" now they are making a sci fi shoter while theres companies years ahead in sci fi experience.. if i wanna play sci fi I chose the experts.

Last edited by IronFerret (2006-04-18 20:22:06)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6608|132 and Bush

IronFerret wrote:

look this

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/enemy … age=images

now someon tell me that those crapy bf2142 images are better than quake wars.

bf is a franchise of "realistic and historic battles" now they are making a sci fi shoter while theres companies years ahead in sci fi experience.. if i wanna play sci fi I chose the experts.
I would like to know if that is just PC platform.. those screenshots look very XBOX 360 ish. Also don't forget that the playabilty of the game will be a huge factor when comparing.(I'm not talking about bugs). I wouldn't pin my hopes on either one until the games have been played. Screenshots and trailers are cool but having played most of the games out there I can tell you they don't mean crap as far as how fun the game is. Sure eye candy is cool but not a defining factor of a game.

I will most likely be getting both.. I have been anticipating QW for a long time it has been in developement since BF2 was announced. It's way to early to compare them.. They each have 1 trailer and a handful of screenshots.

Quicke wrote:

Closest you will get to a laser is in the description for one of the sniper rifles, i uses a laser to ignite the propellant for the real bullet.
http://wickedlasers.com

Now those are some cool lasers BTW.
check the videos out...

Last edited by Kmarion (2006-04-19 02:26:51)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
IronFerret
+48|6664|Mexico City.
GeorgeTheSaint
+2|6631|Glasgow, Scotland
Hey has anyone heard of BFG Physics accelorators ( BFG Tech ). If they have does anyone know if the next Battlefiedl will include this technology?
duoxan
+2|6643

tF-afrojap wrote:

yeah right, like that would ever happen. Sigh. I would have MUCH perferred to see them take on [url=http://bf1300.ytmnd.com/]BF1300[/url] than this tired starwars theme..
omg i would so buy that, and the two booster packs after that. just imagine all the awesome vehicles it would have....

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard