GV
+0|6672
I give up on this stupid thing.  I've tried to d/l it and buy it.....but w/ the necessity of GameSpy and all the account names....and other nonsense.  I just plain give up.  I've gotten the message below about 15 times.  Hopefully I was not charged 15 times.  This "booster pack" was a Cluster Foxtrot.

The following error has occurred:
Address Unintelligible
Explanation:
Somewhere along the way to your destination, the address (location) you were trying to get to was garbled.

How to Fix the Problem:
Your best bet is to hit the Back button on your browser and try to navigate from there. If that doesn't work, you should close your browser window, sign back on to the site, and try again.

If you get this error again, please let us know by going to:

EA Customer Help
Pogo Help
Please take note and let us know the steps you took to get to this page.

Back
orngechevy
+0|6745|San Diego
I have moved on to a new and exciting error fvrom the downloader directly now

ERROR: 32791:6 
unable to authorize decryption
please ensure that the clock is set correctly on your computer ,and try again .if the problem persists ,wait and try again later .the download servie maybe unavailable

I waited ,i treid again later and my clock seems fine anyone got any hints ,I get this error after I download it i click Install Now and this is what i get ?
n00b.Worx
+44|6725|West Berlin!
Well, i downloaded "Euro Force" and therefore I had to create an EA-Account (the nickname of that account is not my nickname on BF 2!!!) but in no moment A Gamespy Account was mentioned...Now when i login with my nickname on BF 2 I still can´t play Euro Force...I think I made a big mistake not using my BF 2 nickname for that EA account...What can I do now? What do I have to do in order to play Euro Force?

Thanks.
Breadman
+27|6732|Southern New Jersey
GV your credit card was declined. That is same message I got first time I tried to buy EF. I forgot that my credit cards have online blocks on them.  For some reason that is one of the messages you get for credit cards being declined. n00b.Worx you can still put your BF2 name in. EA accounts and BF2 player accounts  are different they can both have the same name. Just login to EA downloader  click on edit gamespy nickname. Then login into your ea account. aAscreen will come up to enter your GS id. Remember you enter the  BF2 name you use to play BF2.  Not the nickname you use when your logged into gamespy arcade.

Last edited by Breadman (2006-03-19 03:07:10)

n00b.Worx
+44|6725|West Berlin!

Breadman wrote:

n00b.Worx you can still put your BF2 name in. EA accounts and BF2 player accounts  are different they can both have the same name. Just login to EA downloader  click on edit gamespy nickname. Then login into your ea account. aAscreen will come up to enter your GS id. Remember you enter the  BF2 name you use to play BF2.  Not the nickname you use when your logged into gamespy arcade.
There is just one little problem...When I click on "edit GS Nickname" nothing happens...Maybe it´s an error of my Firefox, but it would be very kind of you if you could gimme the direct link. Thanks for your help!
andyman99008
+3|6626|Ireland

n00b.Worx wrote:

Well, i downloaded "Euro Force" and therefore I had to create an EA-Account (the nickname of that account is not my nickname on BF 2!!!) but in no moment A Gamespy Account was mentioned...Now when i login with my nickname on BF 2 I still can´t play Euro Force...I think I made a big mistake not using my BF 2 nickname for that EA account...What can I do now? What do I have to do in order to play Euro Force?

Thanks.
Yo try doing what i did ill give u link to other post!
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=18242

oops sry didnt read on!! you cant even press to change the id!! I would try disabling firefox or a firewall...and then try! i dont think u can uninstall and reinstall because it might get rid of the ef that u bought! if all fails give those retards(EA) ur problem and see if they can help!! there should be a 24 hr helpline no. in ur bf2 booklet! Good luck!!

Last edited by andyman99008 (2006-03-19 05:19:10)

stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6719|California

Downloader wont even start up, it just gives the "this program has encountered an error, and needs to close". i tried reinstalling what the fuck
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6719|California

looks like this
https://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e382/ticongeroga/EA.gif
Breadman
Guys you need to be using Internet Explorer 6 to use EA downloader. EA downloader has problems with firefox and IE 7. EA downloader was designed using IE 6. Downloader crashes when starting it up if you have IE7 installed on pc. To fix it you have to uninstall IE7 and reinstall IE6. For firefox problems just change your default browser to IE. So when you click edit gamespy nickname it launchs IE instead of firefox. These problems have been addressed in EA's support forums and here in other posts.

Last edited by Breadman (2006-03-19 16:02:01)

stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6719|California

Breadman wrote:

Guys you need to be using Internet Explorer 6 to use EA downloader. EA downloader has problems with firefox and IE 7. EA downloader was designed using IE 6. Downloader crashes when starting it up if you have IE7 installed on pc. To fix it you have to uninstall IE7 and reinstall IE6. For firefox problems just change your default browser to IE. So when you click edit gamespy nickname it launchs IE instead of firefox. These problems have been addressed in EA's support forums and here in other posts.
i cant revert to IE6, it wont let me, and if i just go from Firefox to IE, the problem still happens
Breadman
stryyker you might just might have to reformat and reinstall xp. To fix problem with ea downloader.And after doing xp install don't install firefox. Wait till you get EF downloaded,installed and gs name changed to install firefox. EA probly won't fix IE 7 problem till IE 7 is out of beta. From every thing I read about ea download IE 6 is only broswer working right with it. I know if you have IE 7 installed it changes a bunch of system settings. I saw a post about how to uninstall IE 7 but have not found it again.

Hey what version IE do you have installed?
Here direct link to download IE6  http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta … laylang=en
If you have IE7 installed you can just reinstall IE 6 with out uninstalling IE7.
I'd try downloading  IE6 and installing it before doing a full xp reinstall.
Try this even if you don't have IE 7 installed. It just might fix your problem. Cause after installing IE 6 Xp will set to IE6 settings and it will be your default browser.

For everyone with EA downloader problems. Here's link to EA's support for problems with it.
http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/ph … 27&y=9
There's a bunch of answers to alot of downloader problems there.

Also if anyone can't get your EF or downloader problem fixed. Send me a pm thru this forum. I'll gladly try and help you out.

Last edited by Breadman (2006-03-19 20:17:30)

andy31419
+1|6748|Savannah - GA
Hellp!!!!!  I bought it, downloaded it and it seems to work fine except, I can only find 80 servers out there.  When I first installed it, I got the error to run the correct version.  so I took that to I needed to reinstall the 1.2 patch.  I can get in now but can only see 80 servers.  Any idea's?
Breadman
andy there is servers running EF 2 different ways. 1st is servers running EF installed after 1.21 patch.
2nd servers running EF that where repatch with 1.21 after EF was installed on them. I've found most EF servers are running the first way.  And you get a modified files error if your EF does not match. EA does say to reinstall the 1.21 patch after installing EF now. It's probly to correct bugs in EF.  I'm running EF the 1st way
and have only came accross couple EF server I couldn't play in. Seems that most all of the servers didn't repatch after installing EF. It wasn't till few days ago EA support added the line to repatch to 1.21 after installing EF. To the post about changing your nickname.
THis ea post has changed several times since  look at it now.
http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/ph … _topview=1
andy31419
+1|6748|Savannah - GA
Thanks Breadman,  I figured out what I had done wrong and that was the 1.12 patch not the 1.21 patch.  I redid it and it works great now.  The new issue I have is my VOIP has stopped working.  I get in the servers and can hear the people talking back and forth and my buddies talk to me but when I key the mic, nothing.  I tried different mics and checked with the wave recorder that it was working.  I went onto some servers that I know I have talked on before with no luck.  Any idea's?
Thanks
Breadman
Andy try this go to the harddrive you have BF2 installed on.  Open the drive then open program files  folder then open the EA Games folder. Now open the Battlefield 2 folder and look for the headset icon with BF2 Voice Setup below it. Double click on it and it will run the in game voice setup. Just like it did when you installed BF2. Talk into mic and if red bar is moving up and down your mic is working. Make adjustment if need then click on save. If when you talk in to mic and red bar is not moving. You'll need to check you mics connection to pc. Or your sound cards settings. I use a soundblaster and there is spot in sound mixer for mic.
And if it's not set to mic below REC, my mic does not work in BF2,xfire or teamspeak. But mic will work thru my speakers if I unmute it in windows sound options.
andy31419
+1|6748|Savannah - GA
Thanks Breadman,  that worked and all is good now.  I called the EA support about the profile change and basically because my sone and I play with different profiles on the same machine, I have to switch it each time (limit 3 per week) or create another profile and thenpurchase it again for his profile.  The upside to that is I don't have to mess with it everytime he wants to play and the profile is on me at the time.  I told the guy that it was a bad design call on the programers part.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6706|67.222.138.85
i've got a problem that when I log into the EA downloader, nothing comes up, I just log in ,wait a long time, then it says it can't connect to server for some reason. Ideas anyone?
FourStars
+1|6738|Australia

B.Schuss wrote:

Soldier-Of-Wasteland wrote:

Okay.. one Q&A was -> Q: Can my friend buy a game for me on the EAD?

the answer is fine but I need a bit more info... Does he has to buy and download euro Force on MY computer, or can he do it at HIS home, put it on CD, and then me installing it on my PC...

Or, simpler, does the buying and downloading of EF has to be done on the same computer that will actually run the game ?
no. I am a Win2000 user so I couldn't use the EAD on my rig. I downloaded the game on my brother's XP machine, using my EA.com account and my BF2 account name. the latter is important, since the EF file you download will be "branded" to the BF2 account name you specified.

When the download was complete, I burned the relevant folders on a cd and installed it on my rig from there.
where are these relevent folders you speak of
andy31419
+1|6748|Savannah - GA
Well I am back.  I did the setup on the VOIP and it worked that night.  Now it doesn't work again.  I try setting it up each time before I get on but it still doesn't work.  Any ideas?  This has only started since I loaded EF I have been doing the setup.  Should I click the server icon? It is driving me nuts.  I emailed EA and they had me clear the temp files and change the setting to basic in dxdiag and that didn't work.  is anyone else having this problem and/or gotten it fixed?

Last edited by andy31419 (2006-03-25 10:50:38)

jimbo21
+11|6651

DSL-BEN wrote:

If I have more then 1 user account on BF2, and I've already downloaded and installed EF, how can I play with my 2nd user account on EF??? 

I tried to do this last night, but EF won't recognize the other user account, even though I already paid and downloaded the game.  Or do I have to pay again and register the 2nd account too, and do the whole process again???

Can anyone please verify this for me???

Thanks
if you find out the answer let me i would like to know also because my son can't play ef  maps on his login but mine works. good for me but not for him-lol
DSRTurtle
+56|6685

jimbo21 wrote:

DSL-BEN wrote:

If I have more then 1 user account on BF2, and I've already downloaded and installed EF, how can I play with my 2nd user account on EF??? 

I tried to do this last night, but EF won't recognize the other user account, even though I already paid and downloaded the game.  Or do I have to pay again and register the 2nd account too, and do the whole process again???

Can anyone please verify this for me???

Thanks
if you find out the answer let me i would like to know also because my son can't play ef  maps on his login but mine works. good for me but not for him-lol
The answer is that you have to change your game spy id to match your battlefield 2 id.  You are limited to a maximum # of 3 changes per week.  The link to do this is currently on the EA downloader when you start it up.  You do not have to pay for a 2nd Copy of Euro Forces.

Hope that helps.  Good Luck

Last edited by DSRTurtle (2006-03-28 04:25:36)

paclv9795
+0|6601

orngechevy wrote:

I have moved on to a new and exciting error fvrom the downloader directly now

ERROR: 32791:6 
unable to authorize decryption
please ensure that the clock is set correctly on your computer ,and try again .if the problem persists ,wait and try again later .the download servie maybe unavailable

I waited ,i treid again later and my clock seems fine anyone got any hints ,I get this error after I download it i click Install Now and this is what i get ?
Hello,

I recently had this same problem. I tried on 3 different computers and got the same error on each! But it is finally resolved and here is what transpired.

I contacted tech support and went through all the troubleshooting steps they suggested even though I knew it was a problem on their end. After they had no ideas left and after much convincing they agreed to try it on their end using my EA downloader user name. Guess what!!!! It didn't work and produced the same error(32791:6). So I convinced them to a new account for me for EA downloader.

Once they did that I logged out of EA downloadeer, logged in with the new account and downloaded Euro Force. Amazingly it worked with no problems!

So if you are still having this problem contact tech support and try and get them to create you a new account!

Paclv9795
fodder
+0|6598|york, england
ok not sure quite if this got answered, for another chappy,
ive bought eurofarse, downloaded, installed, YIPPY .
click play game on ea downloader. BF2 stats up. YIPPY .
find a low pinging server with eurofarse maps, click and wait. BUGGER
get told need to purchase eurofarse from ea downloader.

Last edited by fodder (2006-04-03 04:43:11)

DSRTurtle
+56|6685

fodder wrote:

ok not sure quite if this got answered, for another chappy,
ive bought eurofarse, downloaded, installed, YIPPY .
click play game on ea downloader. BF2 stats up. YIPPY .
find a low pinging server with eurofarse maps, click and wait. BUGGER
get told need to purchase eurofarse from ea downloader.
You have to change your game spy id to match your bf2 id.  Launch the downloader and click the link that says something to the effect of change game spy id.
fodder
+0|6598|york, england
thanks

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard