-=88.dNk.88=-
+3|6749|UK
shame EA are just shabby at everything.

Patch 1.21 still has bugs, sure there are plenty of posts about this already, i've noted already the kick voting is still bugged, but heres some more annoyances, anyone else have this trouble?

Their website is full of holes, and disinformation.
Their EA downloader is bugged - what a surprise from them.
Their debit/credit card forms are bugged and don't work properly with certain cards (such as HSBC's debit card), asking for a issue number in a pull-down box with no options.
~ which leads me onto my next complaint, their support is rubbish too.
1stly asked them if they could help sort out debit cards, was given useless feedback firstly then the topic got closed and now I can't re-ask any questions. ~ just disapears into the EA blackhole of queries!
I was even asked to do a feedback form on the support I got for the original problem, where obviously I complained that it wasn't solved and the 'support' worker, well didn't really understand the question. Has anybody actually looked at that and gone ok, well this customer isn't happy, and if loads of people can't add a debit card of a major international bank, in the UK, well then this could be bad! No - well we'll see if that creates yet another EA sorry announcement. Just let me buy an activation code from a shop or on Amazon.co.uk or something.

ps. never had problems using my debit card online, and certainly not like this! You can see straight away that its a problem at their end, when it asks you again for an issue number with no options to click on (pull-down menu) and no way to type it in!! Ahhhhhhhhhhh. EA sort it all out, and especially the website, I hate it. Such a lack of information. Infact the EA uk website has never changed the release date from TBA. Oh my god they are so annoying.

Let me know if you have been able to add a question to ea support recently. Thanks.
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6654

-=88.dNk.88=- wrote:

Patch 1.21 still has bugs, sure there are plenty of posts about this already, i've noted already the kick voting is still bugged, but heres some more annoyances, anyone else have this trouble?

Their debit/credit card forms are bugged and don't work properly with certain cards (such as HSBC's debit card), asking for a issue number in a pull-down box with no options.
1stly asked them if they could help sort out debit cards, was given useless feedback firstly then the topic got closed and now I can't re-ask any questions. ~ just disapears into the EA blackhole of queries!
I was even asked to do a feedback form on the support I got for the original problem, where obviously I complained that it wasn't solved and the 'support' worker, well didn't really understand the question. Has anybody actually looked at that and gone ok, well this customer isn't happy, and if loads of people can't add a debit card of a major international bank, in the UK, well then this could be bad! No - well we'll see if that creates yet another EA sorry announcement. Just let me buy an activation code from a shop or on Amazon.co.uk or something.

ps. never had problems using my debit card online, and certainly not like this! You can see straight away that its a problem at their end, when it asks you again for an issue number with no options to click on (pull-down menu) and no way to type it in!! Ahhhhhhhhhhh. EA sort it all out, and especially the website, I hate it. Such a lack of information. Infact the EA uk website has never changed the release date from TBA. Oh my god they are so annoying.

Let me know if you have been able to add a question to ea support recently. Thanks.
Just on a tangent but related to the EA support system, skip this if you hate long stories:

someone bought me Black&White 2, oldish when I got it with several patches out, I tried to get the patch from the official site when I first installed it and the download kept 404ing, dropping out, or crc failing when it did download, so I registered on the forum to complain about shitty patch distribution support.  They wouldn't even let me post a complain about the patch without my full home address and postcode which is the point I really should have given up, but being determined: When my confirmation email arrived I clicked to activate and was immediately logged into to SOMEONE ELSES ACCOUNT.  This truly shocked me so I screen grabbed it, and just to be sure that they were completely hopeless and it wasn't just a minor little glitch or forgivable mixup, I screen grabbed that persons real name, login name, home address, telephone number and was able to modify the contact email address to [email protected].  I sent them all the grabs of what happen together with the original activation email (which still takes me to their account) and they email back 2 weeks later to ask why I thought this was almost certainly a breach of the Data Protection Act, and what I did to cause problem was and how I could reproduce it!!!!!!!  Like it was my fault!!!!!!  I never did get to post that complaint about the fact it took me 4 days to get the patch, and when I finally patched and played it (didn't want to start a game without as it would have forced me to start again others) I thought is was crap after playing the first three lands and causing a crash to lose all my progress.  I suppose I could have posted as that other dude, but he might have got a bit annoyed.... actually maybe I'll just do that now.....  Speaking of which, anyone what to buy a 'good as new' copy of B&W 2?

Last edited by UnOriginalNuttah (2006-03-09 19:03:10)

Stags
+26|6656
lol, yeah EA's websites tend to full of holes (they do have a lot of them, well a lot of pages for all their games).  I think they have a lazy web developement team, kind of sad really.  Not much we can do I suppose.

As for B&W2 I thought the patch say it will delete previous saves.  I didn't DL it, never felt like it game runs fine w/o it lol.
junkpi1e
Captain Input
+4|6629|Sunshine Coast, Queensland
EA's website is so horribly slow. I'm not on a flash connection (128k - Thanks Telstra Australia), but god damn it takes minutes.
bstef9950(T0C)
+0|6772
im glad i read your posts,I've liked the PC +psp EA games but now with the problumds you mentioned.Im gonna look elseware for there type of games.

BTW-has anyone else have any problums with activating games pritected by a comoany called STARWARE wath out they are crooks.if you buy a online game +have to reinstall for ANY reason good luck,the activation code for online games will never work again.and then they pass the problum on the game company.{youve been warned} Lookout
dubbs
+105|6632|Lexington, KY

-=88.dNk.88=- wrote:

Hey I want to see what type of issue you are having,  can you post all of your card info here?????

DO NOT I WAS JUST JOKING.  I was seeing what you would do.

Stags wrote:

lol, yeah EA's websites tend to full of holes (they do have a lot of them, well a lot of pages for all their games).  I think they have a lazy web developement team, kind of sad really.  Not much we can do I suppose.

As for B&W2 I thought the patch say it will delete previous saves.  I didn't DL it, never felt like it game runs fine w/o it lol.
They should hire Chuy.

Last edited by dubbs (2006-03-26 19:41:27)

dshak
+4|6813
man, either get over it or don't buy/play the games. I know I'm unpopular for this opinion, but most people on here when I look at their stats (the ones complaining so much) they are literally paying CENTS on the dollar per hour based on what they've paid for the game and how much entertainment they've gotten in return.

case in point, the guy who started this, latest of anti-EA threads, has paid about 15 cents per hour for BF2. 15 CENTS PER HOUR. You know what, at that rate... you should be willing to put up with a little hassle and shut up about it.

I don't work for EA and I won't claim to be completely satisfied with every single aspect of BF2, but if you think EA is rubbish and everything they do is shit, why on EARTH have you spent 300+ hours using their product!?!?! Just something to consider.

I'm sure I'll get blasted for the thought, but I can't be the only one who has it when reading these ridiculous threads.

Last edited by dshak (2006-03-26 22:15:27)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard