GeoEnvi
+22|6694|Philadelphia, PA
The other day a friend and I were playing on a Wake 24/7 server (I love that map!).  We were USMC and our team cppped all the island flags and eliminated all but one PLA soldier when the ticket count was ~ 280-250.  A few checks on the scoreboard later, the last PLA standing was missing.  All skulls on the PLA side.  However, the ticket bleed continued.....slowly......really slowly.

No new news about THAT glitch..... however...

With no admin to restart and nothing to do but mess around, we started driving around in a HMMV.  I was a an engineer wrenching away in the back as he played smack up derby into trees and dune.  Just how extreme could we make it?  Well.... we ended up flipped and landing squarely on the side.  He continued to try to escape the flip while I wrenched.  After about 5 minutes and 10 repair points later a crowd of soliders gathered to see what the hell was going on.  (The 3rd person view was HILARIOUS!).

One of the soldiers chucked a grenade at the HMMV in an attempt to spoil to comedy.  BIG MISTAKE.

Here's the "Repairman" bug...

For some reason, the person who shot the HMMV got Team Vehicle Damage not once, not twice, but CONTINUALLY during the ENTIRE TIME I was wrenching away!  His points drained quicker than Drano in a rest-stop toilet.  Within moments he was NEGATIVE 40 and sinking!  We were still 100 PLA tickets away from ending the game and his score was suffering due to some bad TK-arma.  After jumping around and texting his complaints, he tossed a bunch of nades and ended the fun.... and exposed yet another DICE "inside joke".

Anyone else run into this?
FunKz
+1|6788|Melbourne, Australia
wrenching an upturned vehicle is stat padding
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6757
didnt know that still worked with the new patch. i tried fixing a turned over car but nothing seemed to be working.

noticed that a lot of the time i try to fix something, the asset will not get repaired while i am wrenching it. i have to stop wrenching, then start again for it to work.
Speelbal
+146|6759|Netherlands
Yeah I encountered that bug. That guy gets team vehicle damage when first fired upon your vehicle. You repair it. Both of you fall into a loop of unstructured code. This means, he keeps getting team vehicle damage. -2 every 2/3 seconds I believe.

Address this problem, and maybe EA/DICE will deal with it. (Don't count on it, because they haven't even fixed the option that you even can get repair points by yourself.)
oberst_enzian
+234|6750|melb.au

GeoEnvi wrote:

For some reason, the person who shot the HMMV got Team Vehicle Damage not once, not twice, but CONTINUALLY during the ENTIRE TIME I was wrenching away!  His points drained quicker than Drano in a rest-stop toilet.  Within moments he was NEGATIVE 40 and sinking!  We were still 100 PLA tickets away from ending the game and his score was suffering due to some bad TK-arma.  After jumping around and texting his complaints, he tossed a bunch of nades and ended the fun.... and exposed yet another DICE "inside joke".
roflmao! that's a classic
suroku
+0|6639
LOL that was me....
oberst_enzian
+234|6750|melb.au
i tried that boat thing once: I sucessfully flipped the boat, and got in the second seat. then the boat blew up almost straight away. so i thought "fuck that", and went back to playing normally. that was the beginning and end of my stat padding career.
|CoR| Majik_Kracker
Anti-Tank Aficionado
+10|6707|Arizona, USA

FunKz wrote:

what he said
smefeman
+0|6757
thats pretty funny i guess it would suck for the person losing points..
frankie4fingers08-2
+0|6761
its stat padding and not very hard to do...
420JOKES
+-1|6648
im so gonna do that tonight not to pad but to piss u off
MaximumMayhem
+27|6657|Mashtuur Boulevard
If that sort of negative TK force starts sapping your score, just leave the server before the round ends.  Screw copping that on a technicality!
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6781|Noizyland

That's stat padding, yeah, but that continuous team veichle damage thing is interesting. Shame on him.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
F.Rabshaw
+37|6689

|CoR| Majik_Kracker wrote:

FunKz wrote:

what he said
don't be idiots when he just tried to tell a funny story. he said he got 10 points. woo hoo.
benben10
+20|6722
that thing HAPPEND TO ME ONCE DAMNIT. thankfully the server had an autokick and once i hit -15 i got kicked and then just rejoined. this was on a server called dedicated wake if anyone else plays there. wake is broken anyways. the arty on USMC side blasts itself sometimes and then when usmc caps airbase the assets get capped too which is really weird seeing your arty go on without your commander asking for it. anyways BF2 was programmed poorly as we all know.
amox33
+0|6659

F.Rabshaw wrote:

don't be idiots when he just tried to tell a funny story. he said he got 10 points. woo hoo.
agreed
funny and interesting story btw

Last edited by amox33 (2006-03-01 21:30:07)

FromTheAshes
+53|6711
Hey idiot, you just admitted to stat padding. Have fun with your stats reset you ugly peice of shit padder.
d11fdj
+3|6757|Athens

FromTheAshes wrote:

Hey idiot, you just admitted to stat padding. Have fun with your stats reset you ugly peice of shit padder.
You're a cock.  Actually you're a stupid cock - he didn't admit to stat padding, he was repairing a vehicle whilst a teammate drove it.  Isn't that what engineers are for?

I can just picture all you dicks protesting about padding - get a fucking life.
Drunkaholic
+4|6732
Don't act like asses and call him a padder.  He was having a good time running around while his friend who needs his license revoked ran into stuff.  He was having fun.  Stat padding is when you're a homosexual teenager who hasn't realized what masturbating is yet (it never takes long though...)
Jestar
Shifty's Home Number: 02 9662 8432
+373|6748

Get in the chopper with me......if you can hit targets.........while im parrallel to the ground.....or even upside down....
Kamakaze #1

Lol funkz, you remember me?
fullysick_meboy.....

115 on wake whoring lol
oberst_enzian
+234|6750|melb.au

|CoR| Majik_Kracker wrote:

FunKz wrote:

what he said
i have seen forum crawling bots that have made better posts than this. stop whining about stats padding, especially in the middle of a funny discussion. really... who.the.hell.cares if some guy "padded". get a life.
-=|BW|=-Hollow_Moon
+5|6762
Saw this on a server just now, seen nothign like it, a padder (finishing the round with 24 repair points) was repairing an upturned vehicle on Sharqi Penisula, someone with a 100+ score decided to stop them but failed & in moments went to a -64 score & was kicked from the server, losing all those points they legitimately aquired while the stat padder got a stack load of easy points & some satisfaction.

This bug needs to be sorted.
PheloniusRM
+8|6705|Mission Viejo, CA
I used to think that the veteran repair badge was impossible. I tried like 5 times to do nothing but repair and always fell short. Guess what? One night I logged in and played a normal game and voila, there was the badge. Same thing happened with the crew service badge. I never even touched a helo and got that badge. I still cant get my veteran heal badge though. The point is, that sometimes just "doing your thing" produces more points and better chances at badges than a concerted effort to do one thing only.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6727|California

pwned. i play tank with my plane when the round drags out (land and cap bases). i had 3 guys not even shoot at me they just laughed and took screenshots the whole time i was capping points on wake
E|W4v0r
+8|6671|New York
I love it when oyu get all the bases and you're left to just screw around.
That happened the other night, people were dancing on a HMMV, so  Ijumped on, threw a nade into it, and ran away.
I lost points after the explosion, but seeing all the bodies fly and hearing everyone laughing there asses off on teamspeak made it worth it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard