rolerz1200
+0|6654
war...sure it aint pretty but hey its war...why cant bf2 reflect this in its graphics like the game fear.
they should make it super graphical, like to the point when someone uses an m95 you manage to hit a limb it gets blown off, or if you hit them in the chest you literally blow a hole in them or more so if an enemy takes a 50 cal slug to the head why cant it look like this http://poetry.rotten.com/failed-mission/ (warning dont look at this image if in the last hour you have eaten any dairy product or have a weak stomach or just dont like looking at graphicaly gross things!!!)...just a thought but who agrees with me??
zevilgenius
+0|6663
Umm, it's a game. If you want to see that, join the army.
jord
+2,382|6694|The North, beyond the wall.
i like that pic.
Ryan
+1,230|6859|Alberta, Canada

i dont think they should 'blow' arms or limbs off, just add a little bit of blood.

i think once ur hit though, you shouldn't be able to run at full speed, your accuracy should lower, and there should be red around the outside of your screen, indicating that your bleeding.
rolerz1200
+0|6654
yea but with the advancement in gpu technology why dont they harness the power of all this new horsepower and beef up the games visual graphics, however bloody it might be...
IronFerret
+48|6673|Mexico City.
thats disgusting.. i think the game is ok the way is now..
Anyway in the technical side i think the game is allready pretty heavy, adding more efects jus like blood would make it even more dificult to run.. also you got to realize that games like F.E.A.R are small indors-outdors all the time, bf2 maps are huge and with hight detail so it focus his graphical strength in other point rather than blood rain.
Also i agree if your looking for that kind of untastefull blood violence join the army or shot at your arm you will find its funny.
LoneWolf[fin]
+0|6787
FFS guys, i was eating, and i opened that link. Jeesus Christ, i almost puked. :DDDD

Last edited by LoneWolf[fin] (2006-02-23 09:11:10)

Binximus
+8|6668|Australia
OMG thats gross!!!! though i think there should be an option for super high end pc users running like 2 x1900's in crossfire with like 4 gig ram and a fiercely overclocked fx57 to switch on graphical violence options to beef up the visual appearance.  Though im sure a large mojority of the bf2 community members are mostly kids/early teens and it wouldnt exactly be appealing to see guys graphically geting there head blown off like that picture, though how many kids are running systems like the one I mentioned above?...
BlackLegion42
Damn Command and Conquer Generals...
+62|6746|Rochester, NY
Man, whoever did that shot must been a good sniper marksman... BOOM!!! HEADSHOT!!!
Ryan

yeah im not even gunna click that link lol.
Erkut.hv
+124|6751|California
kinda looked like a shotty bo job. Mossburg lovin'
Ryan

kinda off topic here but what are the chances that on bf2player that my stat page 'cannot be found'?

ai carumba
rolerz1200
+0|6654
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/ussoldier/1/50CalSniperKill.jpg geez i can sure say i wouldnt wanna be in front of those things when they go off thats for sure!!!!!
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6733|Riva, MD
This game for one thing can't hold any more information of graphics and such like that.  This game is more arcade style than realistic, if you want to actually see that, there is something wrong with you.
Dodger_me
+0|6652

BlackLegion42 wrote:

Man, whoever did that shot must been a good sniper marksman... BOOM!!! HEADSHOT!!!
they should really have put this feature into cs source it would of brought a whole new meaning to BOOM!!! HEADSHOT!!! and then u could use thier head to hide c4 and through i at ur enemys head  :$
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6689|Colorado
the game physics could be better, SOF2 or rainbow 6 like kill models would be kool
SuB
+50|6692
i think the option should be there for you to turn the GHEY dust into blood.. i mean there dust hits on people is silly.. better yet
LET US FUCKING EDIT THE SOURCE FILES SO WE CAN MAKE IT RED INSTEAD OF CRASHING OUT IF WE TRY AND MAKE SODDING GUN SKINS!

/rant
yea bring the gore this game is too toned down...
SuB
+50|6692

Binximus wrote:

though how many kids are running systems like the one I mentioned above?...
alot
think kiddy/parents/ whine factor.. they ALWAYS get the good stuff.. from daddy
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6736|California

go play Soldier of Fortune
LitterBox
+3|6730|The Land of Strippers and Blow
EA knows that the less gory the game is the more kiddies can talk their parents into getting it for them.  Sounds like a marketing t00l to me!
killaer
+41|6734
LET'S ALL USE COMMON SENSE!

Blood=M rating
M rating=less customers

No blood=T rating
T rating=MORE customers

MORE customers=MORE money

MORE money=MORE motivation for EA to make their little booster packs to suck out our money
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6860|Bryan/College Station, TX
Actually a few review sites have mentioned the box image look of BF2. Anantech did a comparison on video drivers a couple of days ago where they compared a version 5.x to a 6.x ATI driver for BF2 and saw absoultely no change in graphics. They mentioned how they were kind of disappointed at the boxy look of the game even though it's still fun.  They have a point really. It should look more smooth and it shouldnt' have all the bloated graphical coding that it does. Yet it does.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6722
Gaaaaaakkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!! You could have put the warning before the picture!
flossmore
+10|6671|Cherry Valley, IL

IronFerret wrote:

thats disgusting.. i think the game is ok the way is now..
Anyway in the technical side i think the game is allready pretty heavy, adding more efects jus like blood would make it even more dificult to run.. also you got to realize that games like F.E.A.R are small indors-outdors all the time, bf2 maps are huge and with hight detail so it focus his graphical strength in other point rather than blood rain.
Also i agree if your looking for that kind of untastefull blood violence join the army or shot at your arm you will find its funny.
exactly what i was going to say. ty for saving me the typing time
Eboreus
Member of Foamy's Card Cult
+46|6663
I just wonder why so many people insist on blood and flying limbs and stuff like this... FEAR looks nice and if I want graphics like in FEAR.... guess what? I play FEAR. Battlefield has a bunch of other qualities that fear hasnt - like many other games. On a side note I think that the graphics in BF are pretty nice already and I dont need flying limbs to get a 'realistic' feeling. Hell if you want torn bodies just turn on the news every night and look at those. All this screaming for more realism is kinda sick imo... there are real people dieing in real wars all over the world and I sure dont need to reproduce this as realistic as possible on my computer. If you really want it... join the army

(another point.. did you ever play fear with an older computer with bad hardware (like no X800+)? it looks even crappier than halflife 1 and it would be unfair towards people with older computers - yes my was old until 2 weeks ago as well - to make the game look like BS, so that other people can see limbs flying around)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard