stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6726|California

its is utter bullshit. i witnessed the death of the LMG some time ago, or so i thought. lets take into example, Sharqi Penninsula. i am a sniper, i have been for some time, i have about 20 kills and 4 deaths. i see a guy climbing the ladder of the crane, so i give him a warning shot in the leg. i watch him through my scope (im on top of a house near the enterance). he gets to the top, SPINS AROUND and prones with his PKM, i see 1 shot of a tracer. that shot kills me. i stare in disbelief as my critically wounded body falls to the floor, and i respawn. its USED to take skill to use the machine gun. it USED to take skill for a shot like that. it USED to be challenging to use a Machine Gun, but now any half retarted gimp can snipe people with it. but now, o hell no, were automatically good with an MG, even if you sucked with it before. ive seen players that cant hit a thing with their pistol or knife, but can snipe people off, from a crane, 500 feet off the ground. do you like that feeling? that feeling of using a weapon that now takes NO SKILL WHATSOEVER to use? well im glad you do, because i will snipe your face off before you can point that shit at me ever again

/rant

thanks for watching
IronFerret
+48|6663|Mexico City.
yea.. they unbalance the game pretty bad...
vidaan
+0|6679|Australia
its particularly unpleasant when aforementioned PKM starts raving on about how mad he is with the MG.

"ZOMG that was SO FKN SNAP DQQD!!!1!"
DU
+0|6661
Snipers whine in every game ever made.
uk.solidsnake
+3|6714|England, UK
The changes to the support weapons were definately necessary, but what DICE/EA didn't realise is that when one weapon is easier to use and more powerful than all others, EVERYONE wants to use it.

I don't mind the overpowered LMGs as long as there is only a few per team. It starts getting fucking annoying and just down right ridiculous when every single last person is running at you with a PKM or MG36, slaughtering everything in sight without the slightest bit of skill.

At least taking people out from a distance takes skill with rifles, all you have to do as support is prone, point your mouse in the general direction of the enemy, and you are guaranteed a kill.

The only way to fix this is to lower the damage/accuracy, or add some kind of downside to the kit. The only thing I can think of is adding an extra bit of delay before you can shoot after movement/proning/taking aim. They are bulky weapons, they should require a bit more time to ready than the others. But of course people would just whine about this, as they are happy with their automatic railgun sniper rifle mega machines.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6726|California

DU wrote:

however true, im usually not sniper
Vampira_NB
Trying is the first step to failing
+76|6679|Canada Eh?
It takes skill to do a shot like that you say? Then how come this man suddenly has no skill cause you say so? You said yourself in so many words a shot like that is possible but needs skill. I love pointing out oddball fuck ups.

As for the PKM, way too accurate I agree, but do not lower the damage, its a fucking machine gun, its supposed to hurt, just lower the accuracy
SysTray
"Generous mods" < Thats right Systray !
+180|6827|Delaware
Shoot him in the head next time?
Rellim83
+7|6688|PA
What blows is that they made all hte LMG's incredibly good, but nerfed every other kit. Cant throw c4, noob toob is buggy, other guns do less damage.....but the LMGs........uber good. Why would anybody want to be a different kit when they can have a gun that is more accurate then a sniper rifle, caries unlimited ammo, and kills 2 shots garenteed (pkm). Assault and special forces kits are pointless now. Sniper kit is basically obsolite considering LMG's are more accurate.
deject
Got His War On
+37|6779|Golden, CO
If you're sniping and a guy with a PKM kills you, you're too close!

there's a reason you have a 3.33x or 5x scope...
Rathji
+1|6689
Would like to see that PKM in close quarters with a room full of claymores!
ENTR0PYMAN
+3|6793|The Void
I think Its just fine as it is now.

It was horrible b4.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6726|California

deject wrote:

If you're sniping and a guy with a PKM kills you, you're too close!

there's a reason you have a 3.33x or 5x scope...
highly unlikely

https://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e382/ticongeroga/Sharqi-Peninsula-32.gif

Last edited by stryyker (2006-02-19 20:28:00)

OddAngryShot
+1|6680|Brisbane Aust
MG's were designed to give suppresing fire so the enemy kept their heads down !. Not to out do a sniper !.
Tried it the other night and couldn't believe the kills i was getting at distance anyway nice weapon maybe too accurate but hell ! all the more kills !!!!.
arnica
+18|6686|Sydney

DU wrote:

Agreed!!!!
The0wner
+0|6659
omfg get over stop being a pussy cause you died by a PKM, don't give a shit i like the PKM now that is good, so if i ever see you ill make sure to shove that PKM right up ur ASS

:-D
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6726|California

The0wner wrote:

i like the PKM now that is good
thank you for proving my point
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6664|BC, Canada
why are you crying the snipers are killin it now too... ive been getting sniped more than ever.
HeavyMetalDave
Metal Godz
+107|6663|California
This is what u said "I shot him in the leg for a warning shot"

WWWHHHHHAAAAATTTTT?

there is no help for u.
Crosell
+0|6676

Vampira_NB wrote:

It takes skill to do a shot like that you say? Then how come this man suddenly has no skill cause you say so? You said yourself in so many words a shot like that is possible but needs skill. I love pointing out oddball fuck ups.

As for the PKM, way too accurate I agree, but do not lower the damage, its a fucking machine gun, its supposed to hurt, just lower the accuracy
Learn to read please, he said it use to take skill to pull off a shot like that, not OMG THAT GUY IS SO GOOD WITH LMG SO I'M GONNA MAKE A POST SAYING HOW OVERPOWERD IT IS.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6726|California

HeavyMetalDave wrote:

This is what u said "I shot him in the leg for a warning shot"

WWWHHHHHAAAAATTTTT?

there is no help for u.
i couldnt tell if he was a friendly or not, i set my viewing distance at 70%
arnica
+18|6686|Sydney
LOL @ warning shot .....
ShakaZuluKhan
+0|6724|Chicago

Rellim83 wrote:

What blows is that they made all hte LMG's incredibly good, but nerfed every other kit. Cant throw c4, noob toob is buggy, other guns do less damage.....but the LMGs........uber good. Why would anybody want to be a different kit when they can have a gun that is more accurate then a sniper rifle, caries unlimited ammo, and kills 2 shots garenteed (pkm). Assault and special forces kits are pointless now. Sniper kit is basically obsolite considering LMG's are more accurate.
You left out medics, AT, and engineers
dedelus
+4|6659
if your a sniper and you get shot by something, try hiding better.  as for the over accurateness of a machine gun, heres how you handle it.  assult uses either their smoke or flashbangs.  its so easy to kill somebody when they cant see.
CrazeD
+368|6679|Maine
FFS, it's a light machine gun!

God, it is so annoying when you people complain over obvious and stupid things. "That jet whore is raping my spawn, waaahhhhhhhhhhhh!" It's a jet! What do jets do in real life? They obliterate things. What do LMG's do in real life? They obliterate things. STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT RETARDED THINGS!

Fine, 1 shot is odd.. maybe it was a lucky shot, or he's cheating. But whatever the case, why complain about it? I get killed for very stupid reasons sometimes, but I don't have to log on to BF2s and b*tch about it.

I realize the complain forum is to...complain, but why do you have to complain about EVERY SINGLE THING in the game? Do you guys even have fun playing? Why not just uninstall it and play something else if you have to complain about every single aspect of the game.

/rant

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard