I'm mashing F5 on EA's site with credit card in hand34%34% - 23
Hell no I won't go39%39% - 26
I am indecisive25%25% - 17
Total: 66
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum

m3thod wrote:

i think most people did.  But when booster packs DLC are released for BF3 people get into a huff.

plus just getting the aug is worth it. and they've boosted the f2000.  and finally the engineer has a ownage weapon i.e. ACR.  and plus the l8682 is not half bad. and i havent tried the other shit yet.
the engi always had good weapons

what did they change with the f2k?
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6641|UK
seems to handle better. engi weapons lack omph untill the acr.

i tend use my sniper smaw a lot. usually to spank snipers

Last edited by m3thod (2012-06-06 13:08:43)

Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6663
aks-74u > all
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6193|Escea

I've read the ACR has 26+1 rounds for some reason instead of 30. Also, the RPK doesn't get an extended mag anymore, but every other mag lmg does.

Shenanigans.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6663
They're too lazy to create a new model for a hicap RPK mag. LOL

Last edited by Superior Mind (2012-06-06 14:27:33)

-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5444|Ventura, California
The M27 IAR has a hicap magazine model?
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6119|'straya

Ilocano wrote:

globefish23 wrote:

Gun game is a CounterStrike mod.
You start with the weakest pistol and rank up through ever-stronger weapons, which you get immediately for a kill (or after your next respawn).
After the last weapon in the cycle, you also needed one grenade kill and one knife kill to ultimately win the whole round.
Every kill not made with the current needed weapon doesn't count for ranking up in the cycle.
It's a quite fun game mode, much better than the quite stale shooting in CS.

I have no idea how they will implement that in BF3.
But I can already imagine that it is much better than the silly Squad DM.
Sounds like BO's and MW3's Gun game.  BO had fixed set of guns.  MW3 has an option for random selection.
Yes they were copied from the CS Gun Game...
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

m3thod wrote:

i think most people did.  But when booster packs DLC are released for BF3 people get into a huff.

plus just getting the aug is worth it. and they've boosted the f2000.  and finally the engineer has a ownage weapon i.e. ACR.  and plus the l8682 is not half bad. and i havent tried the other shit yet.
they overpromised and underdelivered on BF3 in general.  They blatantly lied about developing BF3 as a PC-centric game.  Plus, the game is not that great.  If the game was a true BF2 sequel, I would be pumped and more than willing to pay for more content.  But it's not and I'm not.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6625

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

m3thod wrote:

they overpromised and underdelivered on BF3 in general.  They blatantly lied about developing BF3 as a PC-centric game.  Plus, the game is not that great.  If the game was a true BF2 sequel, I would be pumped and more than willing to pay for more content.  But it's not and I'm not.
Pretty much this. I was looking forward to another game I could play for a few years. EA is trying to follow Activision's footsteps. I quit buying CoD after Black Ops. I have quit buying BF after BF3.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
i really used to laugh at all the 'consoles r ruining gaems' lot, but yeah i'm pretty gutted with how bf3 turned out. i'll still play it an awful lot because i play regularly with dudes and we can have a laugh, but it's more because of the people i'm playing with that bf3 is fun for me - it's not actually a terribly fun game without that.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Chou
+737|6761
EA CEO John Riccitiello- "Six hours into playing Battlefield, and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that time."
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6358|New York
Never thought I would get it, but I did.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
thepilot91
+64|6206|Åland!
suggestion: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEITUGo-AOE

seriously, battlefield died on 2 , will defenitely try it out when it's released, sorta looks like bf3 without all the layers of shit...
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240
Well after 3 days of wondering whether or not my cheap-assed premium purchase from India would work, and no money being taken from my account, the money has finally gone this morning.

I assume that means it worked.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2012-06-09 03:53:44)

-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6629|BC, Canada
got it. like the gun master game type. L86 is rape. so is AUG.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6294|Graz, Austria

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

my cheap-assed premium purchase from India
From now on you will be called Spidery_Yoga.

Last edited by globefish23 (2012-06-09 07:28:14)

M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6193|Escea

Well, the new maps are appearing in the server listing, but when I click on them, it tells me I have to download and install the DLC, offers a continue tab, nothing happens. I'm assuming by the fact none of the servers running the CQC maps are populated that it hasn't yet been activated?
-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6624

M.O.A.B wrote:

Well, the new maps are appearing in the server listing, but when I click on them, it tells me I have to download and install the DLC, offers a continue tab, nothing happens. I'm assuming by the fact none of the servers running the CQC maps are populated that it hasn't yet been activated?
Not until the 12th, I believe. You can get started unlocking guns via assignments, afaik, but that's about it.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/12516/Bitch%20Hunter%20Sig.jpg
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6629|BC, Canada
what, no early access on pc for premium members?
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6294|Graz, Austria
June 12th already is the 2 weeks early access for PC and XBox Premium members:
http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield3 … e-quarters

Battlefield 3 Premium Members PlayStation 3 June 4
Battlefield 3 Premium Members Xbox 360 and PC June 12
Battlefield 3 Players PlayStation 3 June 19
Battlefield 3 Players Xbox 360 and PC June 26
Also, IIRC, there's be a retail code-in-a-box for Premium PC available on June 29th.
Evil_Black_Fox
+18|5451
Line jumping as an incentive just seems to be a sign that DICE wants people to either pay them more to play or quit. At first a server que was a great idea. Then DICE added line jumping and managed to even ruin that. Now people without premium cannot join there favorite servers unless they are on the reserved slot list, which negates the point of even having a server que once again. Once almost everyone has it then what? All the premium members still have to wait in line and the guy without cannot get into any server they want to.

This was something I remember as being common practice in the military. If you tried to go to an on base barber shop, the higher ranks could just walk in and sit down even if you had been there for an hour. The result was the people who constantly got line jumped eventually just finding other barber shops of base or not getting a haircut until they were forced to.

Last edited by Evil_Black_Fox (2012-06-10 19:39:34)

UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5006|Massachusetts, USA

Evil_Black_Fox wrote:

Line jumping as an incentive just seems to be a sign that DICE wants people to either pay them more to play or quit. At first a server que was a great idea. Then DICE added line jumping and managed to even ruin that. Now people without premium cannot join there favorite servers unless they are on the reserved slot list, which negates the point of even having a server que once again. Once almost everyone has it then what? All the premium members still have to wait in line and the guy without cannot get into any server they want to.

This was something I remember as being common practice in the military. If you tried to go to an on base barber shop, the higher ranks could just walk in and sit down even if you had been there for an hour. The result was the people who constantly got line jumped eventually just finding other barber shops of base or not getting a haircut until they were forced to.
Dude, DICE has nothing to do with the marketing and advertising. They just made the game, EA is handling everything else.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

Evil_Black_Fox wrote:

awww diddums.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Evil_Black_Fox
+18|5451

UnkleRukus wrote:

Evil_Black_Fox wrote:

Dude, DICE has nothing to do with the marketing and advertising. They just made the game, EA is handling everything else.
No matter where it came from all players should be able to enjoy their game without special privilege just to play it.

AussieReaper wrote:

Evil_Black_Fox wrote:

awww diddums.
Wasnt a problem for me. I just decided to learn how to cut my own hair after that happened a few times. Saved me loads of money and time over the years. Anyhow I have to get a hair cut every so often, I dont have to play BF3, I just would like to from time to time.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6294|Graz, Austria

Evil_Black_Fox wrote:

Sounds like BF3 got a bit more military realism added.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard