I'm mashing F5 on EA's site with credit card in hand34%34% - 23
Hell no I won't go39%39% - 26
I am indecisive25%25% - 17
Total: 66
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6664|UK
I kinda like bf3
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6316|Graz, Austria
I too like BF3.

And, at least for me, the only substantial content to keep such a game going is new maps for a long time.
The last few years of BF2, I only played when a patch with a new map was beta tested and released.

These new DLCs for BF3 will deliver a handful of maps each, so I would most likely buy all of them anyway.
And paying 50€ once, obviously is cheaper than paying 4x 15€ separately, plus I get extra stuff with it.

The real question is, what are EA going to do in 2013?
Since the last DLC pack will come out around Christmas 2012, they might be so audacious to already launch the next game at the same time.
I'm thinking about a spin-off DLC similar to BFBC2:Vietnam or the previously speculated BF2143 DLC.
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5742|شمال

m3thod wrote:

I kinda like bf3
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6145|what

Roc18 wrote:

Well looks like Battlefield finally jumped the shark.
Worse than dolphin diving.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6461

globefish23 wrote:

I too like BF3.

And, at least for me, the only substantial content to keep such a game going is new maps for a long time.
The last few years of BF2, I only played when a patch with a new map was beta tested and released.

These new DLCs for BF3 will deliver a handful of maps each, so I would most likely buy all of them anyway.
And paying 50€ once, obviously is cheaper than paying 4x 15€ separately, plus I get extra stuff with it.

The real question is, what are EA going to do in 2013?
Since the last DLC pack will come out around Christmas 2012, they might be so audacious to already launch the next game at the same time.
I'm thinking about a spin-off DLC similar to BFBC2:Vietnam or the previously speculated BF2143 DLC.
They're planning a 5th DLC that will likely have a Q1 2013 release. The DLC is believed to be called "Aftermath" or something, and almost certainly won't be a remake/reboot/whateveridontgiveashit of 2142. Maybe a proper 2142 sequel will be released by 2014.

Writing that made me realize that BF3 is pretty much 2142 but with less lag and only one of the maps being made of corridors.
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6785|Jupiter
Shut Up And Take My Money
Cisse
+63|4361
so are any of the cool guys gettin this i need to know

wb
pooppooppooppoophttps://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n223/Samtheman53/Sigs/6z8doqc.gif
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6492|so randum
ill probably get it
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Doperwt.
Anouk, Slayers little bitch
+80|6386|Belgium

just bought it. is cheaper indeed to pay €50 now instead of 60 later on.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5781|Catherine Black
this'll be one of those things I'll say I'll never get and for good reason but then I'll get bored one day and notice I have the money in my bank and buy it

kinda like MW2.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6492|so randum
same. not in any massive rush to buy it, probably wait a few weeks until i'm bored or something
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6461
Fucking murdering mother fuckers with a God-damn box opener. It's like I'm fucking Al-Qaeda on 9/11 fuck yeah!
JdeFalconr
Lex Luthor, King of Australia
+72|6534|Sammamish, WA
Well crap. They just updated battlelog with the premium buy option and the full details. Seems one of the five expansion packs you get for "free" is Back to Karkand, which I already got "free" by buying the limited edition. So now you just get four expansions at $12.50/each, plus all the other "content". I am disappoint.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6316|Graz, Austria

FatherTed wrote:

same. not in any massive rush to buy it, probably wait a few weeks until i'm bored or something
I haven't bought it yet, since I don't have time for playing right now.
Also, the early access to the Close Quarters DLC for PC players is in one week from now anyway.

JdeFalconr wrote:

Well crap. They just updated battlelog with the premium buy option and the full details. Seems one of the five expansion packs you get for "free" is Back to Karkand, which I already got "free" by buying the limited edition. So now you just get four expansions at $12.50/each, plus all the other "content". I am disappoint.
Well, at least you're not amongst the fools who didn't pre-order BF3 and bought B2K separately for an additional $15.

But:
I think I read somewhere, that you can gift duplicate DLC copies.
Did I dream that?
Is gifting even possible in Origin?
Or do you get your keys sent by email?

If it's possible, it probably will be a similar case to all the extra gifts of Portal 1 that everyone already had.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6215|Escea

So, if you bought it, would you need to download the entire game, or does it just update your current?
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6461

M.O.A.B wrote:

So, if you bought it, would you need to download the entire game, or does it just update your current?
All the premium content is already in the game files (if it wasn't you wouldn't be getting shanked with a box-cutter) so buying premium just unlocks it on your profile, allowing you too, to shank people with a box-cutter.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6215|Escea

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

All the premium content is already in the game files (if it wasn't you wouldn't be getting shanked with a box-cutter) so buying premium just unlocks it on your profile, allowing you too, to shank people with a box-cutter.
Ah, so its basically just a key.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6685
Don't give in.
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6461

Superior Mind wrote:

BOX CUTTER.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6685
You mean that stupid square knife?
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6316|Graz, Austria
Gut hook.
For evisceration and disembowelment.
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6461

Superior Mind wrote:

You mean that AWESOME AL-QAEDA HIJACKER SHANK?
FUCK YEAH I DO!
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6685
People are gonna start hijacking the AC-130s
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5742|شمال

eusgen wrote:

Shut Up And Take My Money
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6492|so randum
cba playing until i get premium though. saves me using stuff that ill need to use again for the assignments.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard