unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

AussieReaper wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

US Soldier singlehandedly kills 16 civilians, Taliban is pissed that they were beaten to it.
Fixed.
This guy is certainty helping their cause.

They're not pissed, they're elated. He is the poster boy for their latest recruiting drive.
I'm not thinking this really makes a huge difference. A PR nightmare to be sure (after we criticize Afghans for not properly vetting their recruits), but not that significant of a turning point war-wise.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6499

i wouldn't be too sure, even the republican candidates are now saying we need to leave trashcanistan.
HITNRUNXX
+220|6711|Oklahoma City
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5475|Ventura, California
Good article HITNRUNXX!

I can't speak for myself as I've never been deployed, let alone serve, but I imagine that it's based on the individual and not what is going on. Thousands have been diagnosed with PTSD and other disorders but hundreds of thousands haven't. He snapped after 4 tours of duty, but there are men who have served 14 in special forces and I have a friend in the Marine Corps who enlisted in '01 and has done 7 deployments. He had to shoot a kid that threw a grenade in his HMMWV and tons of other crap. He's doing alright

Last edited by -Sh1fty- (2012-03-13 18:07:35)

And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6499

R I P shitfy
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6155|what

We hardly knew ye
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
ShiTfy

C- on originality
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6292|Washington St.

-Sh1fty- wrote:

He's doing alright
You know this how?!?

Yeah... assuming is kinda the whole problem we're having with guys over there (and after they come back) with PTSD and snapping.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
the statistics speak for themselves Pirana6

The ratio is irrefutable
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

13urnzz wrote:

even the republican candidates are now saying we need to leave trashcanistan.
Agreed. They're never going to be ready to run their own affairs until they run their own affairs. We could be getting them ready for another 200 years if we had the money and manpower.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6292|Washington St.

-Sh1fty- wrote:

the statistics speak for themselves Pirana6

The ratio is irrefutable
Which stats do mean? Those that say less military personnel have snapped than have?
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
Should have stuck with special forces.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6718

-Sh1fty- wrote:

ok armchair general
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
All the big catches were made by Spec Ops. The big catches were the only ones that were even a minor threat to the U.S.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5180|Sydney

HITNRUNXX wrote:

Interesting story on this:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/mul … 54188.html
A guy who is a Vietnam Vet. stayed fairly often at my work, as he has PTSD even to this day. Poor bastard, really nice guy too. Haven't seen him in ages now.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6108|eXtreme to the maX

13urnzz wrote:

i wouldn't be too sure, even the republican candidates are now saying we need to leave trashcanistan.
Which is odd, because they were the ones who wanted to go in - without any logical reason.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
HITNRUNXX
+220|6711|Oklahoma City

Dilbert_X wrote:

13urnzz wrote:

Which is odd, because they were the ones who wanted to go in - without any logical reason.
Well yeah, but it was popular then...

No wait... Everyone has been pissed off about all this "war" crap since about Hussein's capture...

At least we got him back for destroying the WTC.

No wait... That was a different guy, several years later.

Damn, and I am a Republican.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5360|London, England
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
HITNRUNXX
+220|6711|Oklahoma City
Call of Duty: MW4 research?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6108|eXtreme to the maX
Asplosions make for good TV
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
HITNRUNXX
+220|6711|Oklahoma City
I think overall goal here is to keep them fighting over there... That way they don't all become peaceful with each other and then come make us be peaceful over here.

That is such a bizarre concept... Them marching in here to overthrow our government that we don't approve of right now, and oust our leaders that we don't approve of right now, and impose their government on us... And then I bet they would be shocked when we fought back instead of just accepting their obviously better system. You know, like what we do, only in reverse.

Last edited by HITNRUNXX (2012-03-14 05:46:26)

AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6155|what

I know right. Santorum though, he really wants to promote womens rights.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6225|Escea

Cybargs wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

ok armchair general
He's got a point though.

I've got a book written by a Delta commander who explained how SF teams scared the shit out of the Taliban because they used the same hit and run tactics, and even went as far as dressing up in buraqs. Having the larger forces on the ground just provides more (and obvious) targets unfortunately.
jord
+2,382|6680|The North, beyond the wall.

M.O.A.B wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

ok armchair general
He's got a point though.

I've got a book written by a Delta commander who explained how SF teams scared the shit out of the Taliban because they used the same hit and run tactics, and even went as far as dressing up in buraqs. Having the larger forces on the ground just provides more (and obvious) targets unfortunately.
but it's nothing new, it's something that's been said just here at least 10 times before. he's just parroting it a few years later.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6692|Tampa Bay Florida
Marines and other troops among the 200 people gathered in a tent at Camp Leatherneck to hear Mr. Panetta speak were abruptly asked by their commander to get up, place their weapons — M-16 and M-4 automatic rifles and 9-mm pistols — outside the tent and then return unarmed. The commander, Sgt. Maj. Brandon Hall, told reporters he was acting on orders from superiors.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/15/world … r=1&hp

"Somebody got itchy; we just adjust."

whoa there

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard