globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6294|Graz, Austria
IMO, you can't go back further than WW1.
That war was the first one that had proper usage of all branches of modern weapons: aircraft, tanks, submarines, machine guns
The only thing missing would be helicopters, but those weren't properly used as a weapons system for several more decades after WW1.

You could maybe go back to the American Civil War, as there were already (hand-cranked) Gatling guns and early submarines in use.
But everything else would be quite boring musket-volleying & bayonet-rushing.

And speaking about unlocks/accessories; DICE would surely find ways to stuff those in, no matter what setting used:
"Hey Gnork, look at my awesome new obsidian spike unlock for my club."
"Nice try, Fnork, my trained saber-tooth tiger will rip you to shreds in close combat."
"Ha! I laugh at both of you. With my spear-thrower unlock I'll pick you off from even further away, making everything else useless."

-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5444|Ventura, California
I hate unlocks
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6601|New Hampshire, USA
Unlocks, ranks, and medals were done right in BF2 imho, after that they started getting annoying and ridiculous
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5149|Sydney
Gulf war.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6294|Graz, Austria

Jaekus wrote:

Gulf war.
Which one? 1st, 2nd or 3rd?
Also, to keep such a game balanced, the US side should not be allowed to bomb the shit out of the enemy.
jord
+2,382|6649|The North, beyond the wall.
african civil wars
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6642|UK
korean war

6 day war looool
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6660|Tampa Bay Florida
Korea!  Tens of thousands of insane chinamen sneaking over hills, WW2-ish weapons, more conventional then Vietnam.  Never been done before in a video game.
GeoEnvi
+22|6657|Philadelphia, PA
I think American Civil War would be cool, but there is a limited world audience for a subject like that. 

You could have a nice mix of classes though.  Infantry, sniper, picket/scout, calvalry (!!!). Upgrades from flintlocks to early repeaters, cap and ball revolvers to Colts. Gatling guns, dynamite, bowie knives, sabres.  Sadly, no aircraft or tanks, but horses, hot-air baloons, and 12-lb Napoleon cannons.  Vehicle conflict could focus on Naval battles.

Ft Sumter, Gettysburg, Shiloh, Manassas, Antietam, Bull Run, Hampton Roads, Mobile Bay.

Won't happen, but in the dreams of a few dusty Civil War 'buffs'...
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6660|Tampa Bay Florida

GeoEnvi wrote:

I think American Civil War would be cool, but there is a limited world audience for a subject like that. 

You could have a nice mix of classes though.  Infantry, sniper, picket/scout, calvalry (!!!). Upgrades from flintlocks to early repeaters, cap and ball revolvers to Colts. Gatling guns, dynamite, bowie knives, sabres.  Sadly, no aircraft or tanks, but horses, hot-air baloons, and 12-lb Napoleon cannons.  Vehicle conflict could focus on Naval battles.

Ft Sumter, Gettysburg, Shiloh, Manassas, Antietam, Bull Run, Hampton Roads, Mobile Bay.

Won't happen, but in the dreams of a few dusty Civil War 'buffs'...
Call of Juarez had a decent multiplayer mode, it was Union vs. Confederates.  I don't see why dice couldn't do it.  The only difference in gameplay would be maybe more of a reliance on melee, which is fun in itself.  I love knife-only servers.   

Maybe not for an entire game, but for an expansion pack it could be pretty fun.

Last edited by Spearhead (2012-02-29 20:26:30)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard