wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6465|UK
So I'm quite interesting in learning another language. Probably Spanish since people from all over speak it. Have any of you learnt a language self study?
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4973|Dundee, Scotland.
My girlfriend did quite a bit of self teaching spanish
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6502

Camm wrote:

your girlfriend is a genius, to go from scottish to spanish
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5969|London, England

why would you ever want to learn spanish
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Nappy
Apprentice
+151|6234|NSW, Australia

i wanna learn japanese
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6502

Mutantbear wrote:

why would you ever want to learn spanish
so you can order from McDonalds
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6582|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!
I'd like to learn German one of these day! No real use to it for me, but i don't know, it always had somewhat of an appeal to me!
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5489|Bolingbrook, Illinois
learn polish
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6744|Toronto | Canada

i need to learn french at some point
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6582|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!

Winston_Churchill wrote:

It can be a pain in the ass to learn, lemme tell you that! But i guess it would be worth it in a Bilingual country!
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6505|so randum

Roger Lesboules wrote:

I'd like to learn German one of these day! No real use to it for me, but i don't know, it always had somewhat of an appeal to me!
germans easy, very like english
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5755|شمال
您好...我的名字是beduin
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5755|شمال
China will grow larger
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6348

FatherTed wrote:

Roger Lesboules wrote:

Ein bischen schwieriger ist es schon
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5758|Roma

Roger Lesboules wrote:

Winston_Churchill wrote:

It can be a pain in the ass to learn, lemme tell you that! But i guess it would be worth it in a Bilingual country!
french is easy, so is spanish.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4847|Amsterdam

Sisco wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

Roger Lesboules wrote:

Ein bischen schwieriger ist es schon
Dürfen wir endlich Deutsch sprachen??
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4847|Amsterdam
Learning a language and how easy it will be depends on quite a few things.

1) Talents always helps. Some people are just better at picking up a new language. Maybe Camm's girlfriend is, so if it might no be as easy as you think to teach yourself Spanish even though a Scot could do it.

2) The language you already speak, and the one you want to learn. You can divide most popular languages (the one your most likely interested in) roughly into 2 groups (3 if your interested in asian languages). Those of Germanic descend and those of Mediterranean (Roman) languages.
If you already know 1 out of both groups (since you know English that would be Germanic although English is tricky) you should learn one from that group since it will be plain easier. More grammar and vocabulary in common. Although if youre a native English speaker it might be a bit trickier because English isnt as Germanic as, say, German, Dutch or Danish.

3) It has to be practical. If its not practical and just a novelty you'll never use it outside of you room or class and you'll never learn it properly (its what happened to my German and French). So either make sure you have a use for it, or a practise partner.

Learning more of a language than just saying 'Hi how are you?' and 'I am from ...' is harder than you might think.
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6516|Gold Coast
Mi pene es muy grande.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4847|Amsterdam

KuSTaV wrote:

Mi pene es muy grande.
Spanish 101
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6516|Gold Coast
hehehehe
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6111|eXtreme to the maX
I'm learning Australian.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6686|Disaster Free Zone

Dilbert_X wrote:

I'm learning Australian.
fuckin easy aint it?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6111|eXtreme to the maX

DrunkFace wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

I'm learning Australian.
fuckin easy aint it?
Go stoush yourself.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Benzin
+576|6003

Kampframmer wrote:

Learning a language and how easy it will be depends on quite a few things.

1) Talents always helps. Some people are just better at picking up a new language. Maybe Camm's girlfriend is, so if it might no be as easy as you think to teach yourself Spanish even though a Scot could do it.

2) The language you already speak, and the one you want to learn. You can divide most popular languages (the one your most likely interested in) roughly into 2 groups (3 if your interested in asian languages). Those of Germanic descend and those of Mediterranean (Roman) languages.
If you already know 1 out of both groups (since you know English that would be Germanic although English is tricky) you should learn one from that group since it will be plain easier. More grammar and vocabulary in common. Although if youre a native English speaker it might be a bit trickier because English isnt as Germanic as, say, German, Dutch or Danish.

3) It has to be practical. If its not practical and just a novelty you'll never use it outside of you room or class and you'll never learn it properly (its what happened to my German and French). So either make sure you have a use for it, or a practise partner.

Learning more of a language than just saying 'Hi how are you?' and 'I am from ...' is harder than you might think.
This

I personally found German quite easy for the most part, but that might have something to do with the fact that I was living in Austria at the time. I was forced to learn it just to get by. That being said, the language itself wasn't a terribly difficult one coming from English to German. At the same time if you can speak English and German, you can understand A LOT of Dutch. I remember watching TV in the Netherlands and actually understanding a great deal of what was being said, was a very cool experience. If you know Spanish, I imagine the same is when you listen to Italian or vice versa.

My recommendation when learning a language: perfection should not be your goal at the beginning. Certainly you should be able to know the basics perfectly when you're writing something, but when you are actually conversing with someone, I would say don't focus on your grammar so much but rather focus on being understood. If people understand what you're talking about, then you can begin working on the grammar and cleaning up the language. If you can't even string a sentence together because your vocabulary is so poor, however, then you can be using perfect grammar and still no one will understand what you're on about.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6468|cuntshitlake

13urnzz wrote:

Camm wrote:

your girlfriend is a genius, to go from scottish to spanish
dunno, both languages are equally as incomprehensible.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard