eleven bravo
+1,399|5269|foggy bottom
she is catchy and she is a talented entertainer but i dont like her music
Tu Stultus Es
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6700|Tampa Bay Florida
is it gay if I like it?

The only pop music I've ever really liked....
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6665

First I was questioning. Now I know you're gay.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6700|Tampa Bay Florida
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5368|London, England

eleven bravo wrote:

"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6116|eXtreme to the maX
Yes and No.

I like her music, some of it anyway, in terms of blowing away the existing celebrity culture and replacing it with her own her achievements have been remarkable.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
great image
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5712|College Park, MD

Jay wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

this pretty much. some of it's fun to drunkenly dance to though.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
eleven bravo
+1,399|5269|foggy bottom
you never liked michael jackson?
Tu Stultus Es
eleven bravo
+1,399|5269|foggy bottom
everyone likes michael jackson
Tu Stultus Es
1stSFOD-Delta
Mike "The Spooge Gobbler" Morales
+376|5988|Blue Mountain State
little richard
https://www.itwirx.com/other/hksignature.jpg

Baba Booey
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5760|شمال
who
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6481
no, you're dilbert.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
She and her music will be remembered long after dubstep is mercifully dead and buried.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6479

Beduin wrote:

who
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6665

dubsteppers and hiphappers
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6782|PNW

She's catchy and talented, but the celebrity drama and oversexed nonsense I can do without. I still can't hear Poker Face without hearing it in Cartman's voice or the Weird Al Polka Face rendition, though.

eleven bravo wrote:

everyone likes michael jackson
George Carlin called him the best talented entertainer in history. I'll remember Jackson songs long after subsequent annoying radio spam has faded from my memory.
Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6641|New Hampshire, USA
Bad romance is a great song and anyone who says otherwise is a flaming faggot
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
1stSFOD-Delta
hannah montana

Baba Booey
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6481

Dilbert_X wrote:

She and her music will be remembered long after dubstep is mercifully dead and buried.
the thing is, dilbert... the top charting billboard acts rarely ever remain in the musical history books. when we think of the 1970's, for example, we think of led zep and all those affiliated rock bands, that barely ever charted. when we think of the 20th century and its most influential/oft-quoted bands, we have bands like the beatles, who have been statistically outsold on every single by ke$ha (a depressing fact, but an incontrovertibly true one nonetheless). every era seems to be remembered in music history (i.e. cultural discourse) more for its exceptions and its new mutations/evolutions, rather than for whatever the mass-culture industry is peddling. 90's? i'd talk about nirvana before i'd talk about east-17. the most namedropped acts are never the ones that sold the most. people can rarely remember what sold the most, in fact... because by its very design its meant to be disposed of, recycled, refreshed, bought into again. the mainstream music industry in its own very capitalist logic operates on the ideology of fashion, that most transient of forces... constantly in flux.

so whilst you say that dubstep is a fad (and by all accounts the popular form of american dubstep today is just that... a fad), i think you'll find that when people discuss important musical progressions and evolutions, they'll still mention dubstep. it has permeated every single genre (including the mainstream ones-- think of britney spears's latest stuff, or the most recent american hip-hop beats) and has actually quite profoundly influenced the music we hear today on the radio, in the club, and on our ipods. this is an undeniable shift in style across all genres in both the underground and mainstream circles.

i think it is also telling that the mainstream pop/hipster publications are already championing lana del ray or w/e her name is as the successor to gaga, after a not-so-hot last album (that album art was just so passé, apparently). you're equating gaga with michael jackson when really, she isn't. the spice girls created more of a global buzz than gaga, and who the fuck still talks about them? girl power? ok. just hyperbolic crap to sell records.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
1stSFOD-Delta
spice girls movie was terrible

Baba Booey
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Eagle wrote:

Bad romance is a great song and anyone who says otherwise is a flaming faggot
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6665

Bad Romance and the rest of Lady Gag's music is shit.

Now which one of you lads wants to bust a nut in my ass. I'm ready and waiting!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Uzique wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

the thing is, dilbert... the top charting billboard acts rarely ever remain in the musical history books. when we think of the 1970's, for example, we think of led zep and all those affiliated rock bands, that barely ever charted. when we think of the 20th century and its most influential/oft-quoted bands, we have bands like the beatles, who have been statistically outsold on every single by ke$ha (a depressing fact, but an incontrovertibly true one nonetheless). every era seems to be remembered in music history (i.e. cultural discourse) more for its exceptions and its new mutations/evolutions, rather than for whatever the mass-culture industry is peddling. 90's? i'd talk about nirvana before i'd talk about east-17. the most namedropped acts are never the ones that sold the most. people can rarely remember what sold the most, in fact... because by its very design its meant to be disposed of, recycled, refreshed, bought into again. the mainstream music industry in its own very capitalist logic operates on the ideology of fashion, that most transient of forces... constantly in flux.

so whilst you say that dubstep is a fad (and by all accounts the popular form of american dubstep today is just that... a fad), i think you'll find that when people discuss important musical progressions and evolutions, they'll still mention dubstep. it has permeated every single genre (including the mainstream ones-- think of britney spears's latest stuff, or the most recent american hip-hop beats) and has actually quite profoundly influenced the music we hear today on the radio, in the club, and on our ipods. this is an undeniable shift in style across all genres in both the underground and mainstream circles.

i think it is also telling that the mainstream pop/hipster publications are already championing lana del ray or w/e her name is as the successor to gaga, after a not-so-hot last album (that album art was just so passé, apparently). you're equating gaga with michael jackson when really, she isn't. the spice girls created more of a global buzz than gaga, and who the fuck still talks about them? girl power? ok. just hyperbolic crap to sell records.
Dubstep is highly derivative of electronic music from decades before, few people know of Tangerine Dream or many of the others today, next to no-one will be able to name a dubstep artist 10 years from now, not that many could today.
I'm pretty sure people will know who Lady Gaga was.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard