Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6107|eXtreme to the maX

Superior Mind wrote:

Obviously it's awkward for all the Target goers to see some titty irl, but if I were a mom with a baby and my baby was hungry and I happened to be shopping I wouldn't want my kid to have to eat in the bathroom with all the other people defecating five feet away.
Bad luck, plan your life better.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5359|London, England

Superior Mind wrote:

Obviously it's awkward for all the Target goers to see some titty irl, but if I were a mom with a baby and my baby was hungry and I happened to be shopping I wouldn't want my kid to have to eat in the bathroom with all the other people defecating five feet away.
Then do what 99% of mothers do and put a friggin blanket over you and your kid. She's obviously an exhibitionist or a feminist looking for a problem.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6775|Noizyland

People are squeamish about basic human biology and in my opinion breastfeeding shouldn't grouped with defecating or urinating as something that must be done in private. That being said it's very hard to hold a conversation when someone else just flops out a tit for their rug-rat to slurp on. I think being discreet is the key, it's a simple matter of courtesy. People have different perceptions on breastfeeding, even the mothers themselves. Some perceive it as something intimate so they seek out somewhere private, others are comfortable to do it anywhere, others choose not to even start breastfeeding their kid. It's fairly reasonable for the mothers to understand that others have their own take too, be it acceptance, revulsion or... enthusiasm.

Also in a place like a store I do think it's reasonable for staff to politely request that a breastfeeding mother go somewhere more private - it's their business and they don't want people there feeling uncomfortable regardless of whether they should or should not be "offended" by breastfeeding. You're not going to change peoples' perception on breastfeeding by rubbing their face in it anyway.

Still, very little is more disturbing than a mother who weans their kids too late. I will unfortunately never forget spending one summer as an exterminator and going to a woman's house to deal with a wasp nest. Her kid, five or six, comes running home from school with a friend and runs up to her saying "mummy mummy mummy", lifting up her top and helping himself to a nipple. I had to put my beekeeper hood over my face to hide my expression. When the kid had enough he turned to me, flashed a milky grin like he was saying "I get to suck on more tits than you do" and ran off to join his friend. Fucking messed up.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

The reality of this culture is that we pick and choose what biological functions and body parts are acceptable to view in what kinds of "public" places. The logical approach is to assume that while baring tits in public is taboo, so should baring them for any reason other than that their shirt's on fire, they're being treated for a traumatic injury, or other obvious stuff like that.

Like Jay says, they can still breastfeed AND have that shit covered up.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6569|Mountains of NC

its not like its immediate either ..... be standing in line to check out and the kid gives out a whimper, don't have to whip out the titty right there and then and get it in the mouth
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
HITNRUNXX
+220|6710|Oklahoma City

Ty wrote:

it's a simple matter of courtesy.
I think Ty nailed it with that one half of a sentence... I don't think it is a legal issue, I think it is a manners issue. (Similar to the things I said in my post comparing it to blowing your nose in a restaurant)...
HITNRUNXX
+220|6710|Oklahoma City

Dilbert_X wrote:

Stores are private places, their rules, don't like it don't go there.
Disagree... It may be privately owned, but ti open to the public, therefore it is a public place. Otherwise, you could just walk around Wal-Mart naked (wait, bad example, they are half naked already) Target naked, and not be charged with anything because it was in a private place.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

HITNRUNXX wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Disagree... It may be privately owned, but ti open to the public, therefore it is a public place. Otherwise, you could just walk around Wal-Mart naked (wait, bad example, they are half naked already) Target naked, and not be charged with anything because it was in a private place.
It's a place of business. Even if it's publicly traded, it's not public property.
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6776|Moscow, Russia

Ty wrote:

it's a simple matter of courtesy.
this^.
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

HITNRUNXX wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

It's a place of business. Even if it's publicly traded, it's not public property.
Public laws on decency apply, the business can add any others they like.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5474|Ventura, California
She was looking for problems. I was at Fat Burger once and a woman started breastfeeding her child with a small towel-sized cloth covering herself up. I've never been uncomfortable around breastfeeding women who expose but I think it's polite to hide it in case somebody present is bothered by the act.

I don't think people should be sex offenders for taking a piss on the side of the road and somebody seeing it. I heard somewhere that a guy get charged as a sex offender for doing that once.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

You can get a sex offender tag for pissing in public. Why the Occupiers have gotten away with it...
HITNRUNXX
+220|6710|Oklahoma City

Dilbert_X wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

HITNRUNXX wrote:

Public laws on decency apply, the business can add any others they like.
True. I thought you meant the other way around, sorry. Change to agree.
BVC
+325|6696
Personally, I don't have a problem with it.  Don't wanna see it? Don't look.   Don't wanna cause a scene? Be discrete.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

Pubic wrote:

Personally, I don't have a problem with it.  Don't wanna see it? Don't look.   Don't wanna cause a scene? Be discrete.
Flasher comes up and opens his trench coat. Don't want to see? Don't look.
HITNRUNXX
+220|6710|Oklahoma City
There you go putting breastfeeding in the same category as a sex crime again.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5474|Ventura, California
What does the law say about breastfeeding by the way?
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
1stSFOD-Delta
Mike "The Spooge Gobbler" Morales
+376|5979|Blue Mountain State

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Pubic wrote:

Flasher comes up and opens his trench coat. Don't want to see? Don't look.
Jerk him off.
https://www.itwirx.com/other/hksignature.jpg

Baba Booey
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

HITNRUNXX wrote:

There you go putting breastfeeding in the same category as a sex crime again.
Why shouldn't I be allowed to take a leak in the gutter?
Urinating is normal, not really a health hazard and so on.
HITNRUNXX
+220|6710|Oklahoma City
I have been advocating for years that public urination should be be separated from sex crimes also. Oh you got drunk and pissed in a dark empty alley... Only to have a cop walk around the corner as you are finishing up... Registered sex offender for life... Bull.
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5037|Massachusetts, USA
You dont see wal mart making a big stink about this.  Anyways,  let the broads whip their nips out. Its not anything we havent seen or sucked on before.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6738|Oxferd Ohire
thats cause wal mart has a lot of poor people
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5702|College Park, MD
it should be fine, people need to stop freaking out over titties
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
rdx-fx
+955|6592
It's a boob.

If you're not the intended recipient, get over yourself and move on.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

It's a wang. If you're not being pissed on, get over yourself and move on.

HITNRUNXX wrote:

I have been advocating for years that public urination should be be separated from sex crimes also. Oh you got drunk and pissed in a dark empty alley... Only to have a cop walk around the corner as you are finishing up... Registered sex offender for life... Bull.
I do agree with this. Running up to someone and flashing your pecker isn't really the same as heading around the corner and discretely pissing into some rocks with your front facing a visually impenetrable wall of bushes. I don't think some people know the full extent of trouble they can get a man into when they report it.

That said, with current laws in place, why haven't sex-offender cards been passed out to all the Occupiers who are publicly urinating and defecating?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard