Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6351

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Well the combination of Social Club and GFWL (that didnt even try and start up causing the game to crash) meant it took me an hour to get it working.

And I've heard stories that it took other people even longer.
Funny, I made a similar post not too long ago in the AOG chat thread. It´s a giant mess from a technical side. And I have the feeling it shits all over my harddrive, making it actually slower when GTAIV is installed
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6293|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
10 minutes
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Stimey
­
+786|6127|Ontario | Canada
is this, like, the highlight of your day?
­
­
­
­
­
­
Canin
Conservative Roman Catholic
+280|6482|Foothills of S. Carolina

1 minute
Stimey
­
civ 5 is a steal
­
­
­
­
­
­
Canin
Conservative Roman Catholic
+280|6482|Foothills of S. Carolina

I might get the DLC bundle for it if I can make myself justify it.
FloppY_
­

Stimey wrote:

is this, like, the highlight of your day?
Nah, just checked randomly and it was @ 10 minutes

Nothing interesting to me on sale today Was hoping for either Dungeon Defenders or Rock of Ages.. Not sure if I like Limbo...

Last edited by FloppY_ (2011-11-26 10:36:20)

globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6331|Graz, Austria

FloppY_ wrote:

Social club isn't required anymore They patched that out a long time ago...
Hmm...
It still pops up on my Steam version and doesn't continue or auto-login unless I press "Play" (or "Play Offline").
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5912|CA

globefish23 wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Hmm...
It still pops up on my Steam version and doesn't continue or auto-login unless I press "Play" (or "Play Offline").
Almost everyone who plays GTA IV offline uses Xliveless.  It's probably the best mod for GTA IV - it disables multiplayer and bypasses both RGSC and GFWL.  It also moves the location of saved games, and allows you play other people's saves.

Edit: Also, after installing Xliveless you can bypass Steam altogether and use the "LaunchGTAIV" executable found in the install directory.

Last edited by TopHat01 (2011-11-27 13:08:58)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6779|PNW

Stimey wrote:

civ 5 is a steal
Killing helicopters with mounted knights is a steal.
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6613|Greenwood, IN
Not happy with steam right now.  Comcast closed my email account that I had steam account tied to it.  So I am locked out of steam because the idiot tech support sent me a reset password instead of a change email response.  Its almost like they didn't read my original ticket.

Last edited by Naturn (2011-11-27 16:32:30)

jsnipy
+3,276|6530|...

Stimey wrote:

civ 5 is a steal
yeah had to snag that
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6779|PNW

Divinity 2's $10, including the expansion. Definitely worth it.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6163|Vancouver | Canada

Naturn wrote:

Not happy with steam right now.  Comcast closed my email account that I had steam account tied to it.  So I am locked out of steam because the idiot tech support sent me a reset password instead of a change email response.  Its almost like they didn't read my original ticket.
Happened to my brother as well. He had to email them back saying he needed his new email associated with his Steam account.

Worked out in the end.
Sisco
+493|6351

TopHat01 wrote:

globefish23 wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Hmm...
Almost everyone who plays GTA IV offline uses Xliveless.  It's probably the best mod for GTA IV - it disables multiplayer and bypasses both RGSC and GFWL.  It also moves the location of saved games, and allows you play other people's saves.

Edit: Also, after installing Xliveless you can bypass Steam altogether and use the "LaunchGTAIV" executable found in the install directory.
I just uninstalled it. lol
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6724|Riva, MD
So without that, there's no way to move GTA IV savegames?  I was planning on trying to save them this time when I back up everything to finally go x64 next reformat
Stimey
­
I wanted to pick up Dead Space 2 but my paypal wasnt working.
­
­
­
­
­
­
FloppY_
­

Stimey wrote:

I wanted to pick up Dead Space 2 but my paypal wasnt working.
Surely you own a credit/debit card?
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6319

Would you feel safe using a credit card # after Steam's latest incident?
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6660
I almost forgot that happened. Valve must have much better PR than sony
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
FloppY_
­

bugz wrote:

Would you feel safe using a credit card # after Steam's latest incident?
Yeah I feel safe enough... It was never confirmed that they actually got to the credit-card data...

I've been keeping an eye on my credit card account, and should anything get snatched without my permission I'll just get the bank to cancel the transaction...
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6744|Oxferd Ohire
didnt you have to be on their forums ayway
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
FloppY_
­

RTHKI wrote:

didnt you have to be on their forums ayway
For clarification:
Dear Steam Users and Steam Forum Users,

Our Steam forums were defaced on the evening of Sunday, November 6. We began investigating and found that the intrusion goes beyond the Steam forums.

We learned that intruders obtained access to a Steam database in addition to the forums. This database contained information including user names, hashed and salted passwords, game purchases, email addresses, billing addresses and encrypted credit card information.

We do not have evidence that encrypted credit card numbers or personally identifying information were taken by the intruders, or that the protection on credit card numbers or passwords was cracked. We are still investigating.

We don't have evidence of credit card misuse at this time. Nonetheless you should watch your credit card activity and statements closely.

While we only know of a few forum accounts that have been compromised, all forum users will be required to change their passwords the next time they login. If you have used your Steam forum password on other accounts you should change those passwords as well.

We do not know of any compromised Steam accounts, so we are not planning to force a change of Steam account passwords (which are separate from forum passwords). However, it wouldn't be a bad idea to change that as well, especially if it is the same as your Steam forum account password.

We will reopen the forums as soon as we can.

I am truly sorry this happened, and I apologize for the inconvenience.

Gabe.

Last edited by FloppY_ (2011-11-28 12:56:54)

mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6662

I didn't even get my shit stolen from PSN, and that one seemed a lot worse. Just keep an eye on your account and don't use a shitty bank.
Sisco
+493|6351
Over already?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard