SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6577|Mountains of NC

Ever notice how this baby boomer generation has almost zero patience.

My grandparents generation ( the generation that fought in WWII ) were nothing like what I'm seeing with this baby boomer generation now that they are reaching that same age that I remember my grandparents at. I know they come from a time of depression and hardship that some couldn't endure and now this generation is trying to keep up with high speed internet and smartphones. But they think EVERYTHING should be at the speed of light.

At the cash register, processing credit cards, our processor isn't as fast as Walmart for example but everytime they swipe their card and it takes an additional 5 secs I have to hear some retarded comment. Frequently have one using a smartphone and hear them bitching that the phone isn't fast and its just piece of shit. Fuck 10 years ago we didn't have anything to the capabilities of today's standard.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6398
Is Sere gonna have to choke a bitch?

I'm glad I don't work in retail/customer service.
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6577|Mountains of NC

west-phoenix-az wrote:

Is Sere gonna have to choke a bitch?

I'm glad I don't work in retail/customer service.
pretty much

I was at some ladys house last nite quoting for a job of laying 150' of tennessee fencing ........... worked up the paperwork and told her the price, she loved but then told to start ..... right now. its 730 at nite in pitch black with pouring rain and she wants me to start building a fence with no material or my buddy that helps. told her that it wouldn't be till sunday before I could begin .... thats why I quote a lower price due to later start date. she starts to bitch that she wants this fence done, cleaned up and me out of there before any of her guests show up for thanksgiving lunch.

then this morning here at the store ... I'm ringing up someone at the register and they swipe their card and then inform that my machine is broken because it didn't immediately pop-up for them to sign the paperwork .......... before I had a chance to finish up putting in all items they were purchasing
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5759|شمال
is it slow, bro?
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
Christbane
+51|6244
im sure our parents and grandparents said the same about us!  but this generation it is 10x worse then we ever were.
rdx-fx
+955|6601
An article on Baby Boomer "politics"

"This isn't conservatism; it's a going-out-of-business sale for the baby-boom generation"

You might have a clue that a generation is a bunch of greedy, shortsighted twits, when both their parents and their children look at them as undisciplined, selfish, short-sighted, lazy assholes.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6115|eXtreme to the maX
I don't know about patience, selfishness and greed definitely.

One single generation has burnt up half the worlds oil, incredible really, and they think their lifestyle is the 'entitlement' their parents fought for.

Most of them will pay no net tax over their lifetimes, and yet they have a very long list of entitlements they expect the government to provide for them because they haven't provided for themselves.

Thanks for saddling me with unmanageable debt and a wrecked planet, feel free to die whenever you like.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6781|PNW

Because the baby boomers started two world wars and got a lot of policy-making rolling that slowly screwed us over, they're like the evillest generation ever.

Wait...
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6746|Oxferd Ohire
they did if you believe in reincarnation
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
HITNRUNXX
+220|6719|Oklahoma City
Why should I wait on something that I could swipe my credit card now for? If I am not going to save up the money first, why would I wait on your credit card machine. Why can't I just order online and have your goods instantly teleported to my house? Come on Sere, get with the times. I need it so right now that I don't even need it anymore.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6420|'Murka

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Because the baby boomers started two world wars and got a lot of policy-making rolling that slowly screwed us over, they're like the evillest generation ever.

Wait...
What world wars did baby boomers start, exactly?
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6724|US

FEOS wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Wait...
I think that's what the "Wait..." was for.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6684|Canberra, AUS
I swear I made a post here

But yeah I think that was his point.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6420|'Murka

RAIMIUS wrote:

FEOS wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Wait...
I think that's what the "Wait..." was for.
But the second half was pretty accurate, which was why I was confused...

Except for the evil part. That implies malice of forethought on their part.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Freke1
I play at night... mostly
+47|6556|the best galaxy
Maybe it is just some people who lack patience, and some who have it in abundance. I am constantly impressed by the patience of young people of today.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/7d11696e2ffd4edeff06466095e98b0fab37462c.png
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6784|Noizyland

I don't think it's a lack of patience more than a lack of understanding. When I see how my mother acts around technology, (which I would describe as a loathing,) most of the problems seem to stem from a lack of understanding as to the capabilities of technology. Boomers see the leaps and bounds of technology, see what can be done but fail to understand how and subsequently fail to understand the limitations and restrictions.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard