-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6628|BC, Canada
Thread for things issues you notice with items and such not working in the game. (ie. texture issues, bugs, etc.)

-Not a thread for bitching and moaning about X player killing you when you don't think he should have.

-Also not a thread for complaining about how the game looks or improvements you would like to see.

Figured I would start this so that we could have a place to find known technical issues, so that we would know if there was a fix, or if our issues were limited to ourselves.

So today I noticed that when I tried to use the EOD bot, it only came up as a black silhouette and would not deploy, (this was on PS3). Anybody else having issues with these on any platforms?

Will hopefully be able to update the Op with a easy to use list of problems and the fix for them, (if there is one.), once we have a few.

Long Load Times: 3+ minutes to load a map
Fix: Unknown. (Need spec info from those taking to long to load in.)
     *It seems that Chrome and Firefox may have faster load times than IE9.

Rubber-Banding/Server Lag
Fix: From Kimmmmmmmmmmm:

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

Battlefield
We are working to resolve network service issues affecting PC Battlefield 3 players. Apologies for the inconvenience - we appreciate your patience.
Like ·  · Share · 40052377 · about an hour ago ·
Hopefully its something EA will have cleared up ASAP. Reports of it being worse on specific maps like Tehran Highway and Seine Crossing. Can anybody else confirm this is happening to them? Or if different game modes are effected more than others?

Crashing while loading between maps
Fix: According to this review, AMD multi-gpu set-ups is one cause due to memory issues, AMD is working on a fix. Other causes unknown at this point.

No vehicle health bar while repairing
Fix: (Unconfirmed, can someone test this.) Hitting excape twice apparently bring the bar back up. No permanent fix yet.

Spawn Issues: No options screen between lives, must deploy as is.
Fix: None yet

Temporary Audio Loss:
Fix: Seems to return on its own after a bit. No other fix at the moment.

Unable to bind mouse buttons:
Fix: (Temporary) Map mouse buttons to keyboard, then bind your game to all keyboard keys.
Adams_BJ, Were you clicking on the proper column?

Multiple people playing on the same connection getting kicked:
Fix:Unknown

Stuck on 'joining server' in Battlelog
Fix: Open battlefield 3 itself as opposed to just battlelog or loading through origin. (Source: Ken)

Last edited by -Whiteroom- (2011-10-30 08:44:58)

Canin
Conservative Roman Catholic
+280|6444|Foothills of S. Carolina

Are 3-5 minute load times normal for the PC? I swear I about nod off waiting for a round to load.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6624

It takes me a few minutes to load in, too.

My game freezes nearly every time a server changes maps. I get stuck with a blank screen and my (BF3-styled) cursor.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6628|BC, Canada
What set ups are you guys running?
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6592|Little Bentcock
Rubber-banding/server lag.
2juk
+12|5147

mtb0minime wrote:

It takes me a few minutes to load in, too.

My game freezes nearly every time a server changes maps. I get stuck with a blank screen and my (BF3-styled) cursor.
I'm having the exact same problem!
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6644|Canberra, AUS
I get the odd occasional crash during rounds and upon loading, but other than that, it's working pretty smooth.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6641|UK
takes me about 10-15 seconds to load a fresh map, about 5 seconds to load when a map finishes and we switch factions, i am somewhat amazed how fast loading times were for me

Although i do have a corsair SSD....
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6628|BC, Canada
You guys who are having trouble loading wanna post your specs and driver details. Be nice for you guys who have no problems to do the same too.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6281

No issues here.

i7 950, 12GB G.Skill RAM, Gigabyte UD3-R mobo
Game is installed on separate HDD from OS
Nvidia driver 285.62
Adams_BJ
Sometimes I crash between maps. After a few rounds (an hour) I lose framerate and have to close and restart.
Roc18
`
+655|5760|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
>Crashing in between maps, sometimes I can't ctrl alt del and have to press the power button
>Rubber band lag
>Sometimes before I spawn I can't press customize, deploy etc and have to press enter to deploy
>When repairing tanks I sometimes don't see the tank healthbar so I dont know how much I've repaired or if I'm done

Off the top of my head
Adams_BJ

Roc18 wrote:

>When repairing tanks I sometimes don't see the tank healthbar so I dont know how much I've repaired or if I'm done

Off the top of my head
press escape twice. Sometimes I lose my reticule and that fixes it.

oh and once I lost all tank sounds when I was driving in my tanks. It cam back on its own though.
Roc18
`
+655|5760|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

Adams_BJ wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

Off the top of my head
press escape twice. Sometimes I lose my reticule and that fixes it.

oh and once I lost all tank sounds when I was driving in my tanks. It cam back on its own though.
Thanks I'll try that.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6641|UK
i lose vehicle sounds all the time.

randomly returns after a bit
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6637

SSD - loads fast
eVGA GTX580
16GB 1600's
Phenom II Black 965 (or was it a 945).  Running at 3.7.
Nvidia 285.62
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Only froze the computer once.  But as others noted, goes mute sometimes.  Mostly when doing Stinger/IGLA locks.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6624

I've almost considered finally getting an SSD. Just for this game. What the fuck.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6637

mtb0minime wrote:

I've almost considered finally getting an SSD. Just for this game. What the fuck.
Same reason I got a Raptor back in the day for BF2.
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6817|"Frisco"

Does any one else get super fast as hell mouse speeds? I turned the sensitivity down to zero and it's still a very, very short twitch of my mouse before I've spun 580. Tried direct mouse on and off...for now, I've set my "High DPI" mode to a 300 DPI to get it back to something playable -- but it makes interacting with menus and vehicles painful.

Edit: Nevermind, I am a god damn idiot. There are two "Sensitivity" sliders and I was using the wrong damn one. I should stick to programming stat webpages...
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6637

Yeah, I've had to dial down my DPI when on foot.  Sensitivity is at 30% also.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6467

chuyskywalker wrote:

Edit: Nevermind, I am a god damn idiot. There are two "Sensitivity" sliders and I was using the wrong damn one. I should stick to programming stat webpages...
lol

Ilocano wrote:

i like my mx518, it has buttons to change it on the fly . . .
Canin
Conservative Roman Catholic
+280|6444|Foothills of S. Carolina

my new specs -

ASUS ENGTX560 DCII
i5 2500K (stock speed)
8GB DDR3-1600
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
NVidia 285.62 driver

I just got my 8GB ripjaws today, I had a bad stick in the first set. I am also running standard sata HDD, nothing flashy there.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6255|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Ilocano wrote:

i like my mx518, it has buttons to change it on the fly . . .
I locked mine to the maximum 1800dpi because accidentally changing got annoying, besides, not using the full dpi is a waste
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Adams_BJ
Can't bind buttons to my mouse buttons, any help?
Battlefield
We are working to resolve network service issues affecting PC Battlefield 3 players. Apologies for the inconvenience - we appreciate your patience.
Like ·  · Share · 40052377 · about an hour ago ·

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard