Canin
Conservative Roman Catholic
+280|6480|Foothills of S. Carolina

Got my new system all together, plugged it in, and got no video, FML. Checked the Dr Debug display and have an error code of 45. This is on an ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3. The Memory is G-Skill F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL. I checked around on the internet, cant find anything really concrete saying what the problem is. One thing I read was to try and reseat the CPU, so I am going to try that. If anyone has any other ideas, I am all ears.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6296|Washington St.
did you pull the memory and try and start it up?
Canin

With no memory in it? No, TBH, this is the first time I have run into a non posting isue, so its kinda new territory.

edit: Ok, so I tried it with out memory in it, and got a code 53, which is no useable memory detected.

Last edited by Canin (2011-10-20 21:25:53)

bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6317

Try booting with one stick of RAM and rotate it through each slot if it doesn't work the first time. Failing that, try the CPU reseat.
-MetaL*
Sup guies
+157|5639|Southern California
Trial and error one stick of RAM at a time to see if you got a faulty memory stick.
Canin

Ok, got it running with 1 stick. I guess that means I have a bad stick of memory?
-MetaL*
Sup guies
+157|5639|Southern California
Yeah it very much seems like it, you should probably RMA it.
Canin

crap, that means no BF3 on Tuesday....
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6317

You should be able to play with 4GB, no?
Canin

Not having done an RMA either, not sure if I have to return it before they send out the new stuff....
gurdeep
­
+812|4760|proll­y

Canin wrote:

Not having done an RMA either, not sure if I have to return it before they send out the new stuff....
yep
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6296|Washington St.
i played the beta with 4 gigs and less everything else quality than your new setup. you should be fine. just that much better when you get the replacement
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6317

sorry...I thought the sticks were from separate packages
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6296|Washington St.
oh shit i guess i did too. you gotta send it all back? weak.
Canin

Yeah, I got an 8GB set, trying to future proof myself a little bit. Damn, such is my life.
gurdeep
­
+812|4760|proll­y
well the good news is that since bf3 is such a bad game youll be doing yourself a favor by not playing it for a few more days
Canin

Funny... I suppose I could just order new ram tomorrow, and then RMA the bad stuff when I get the new memory in, at least that way I am not stuck using the wifes computer for everything.
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6781|Moscow, Russia
1. so, it works with one ram stick installed, right? does it work with another one installed alone?
2. did you try updating the bios of you mb?
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
Canin

Shahter wrote:

1. so, it works with one ram stick installed, right? does it work with another one installed alone?
One stick will work in any slot I put it in, the other stick, alone or with the stick that works, throws up the code 45 error. Not sure flashing the BIOS will fix this, seems more like a bad stick of memory.
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6781|Moscow, Russia

Canin wrote:

Shahter wrote:

One stick will work in any slot I put it in, the other stick, alone or with the stick that works, throws up the code 45 error. Not sure flashing the BIOS will fix this, seems more like a bad stick of memory.
yeah, looks like faulty memory.
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard