Yes before beta/alpha and yes after beta/alpha72%72% - 76
Yes before beta/alpha but no after beta/alpha13%13% - 14
No before beta/alpha but yes after beta/alpha4%4% - 5
No before beta/alpha and no after beta/alpha9%9% - 10
Total: 105
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5480|Bolingbrook, Illinois
I'm just curious how the beta affected everybody's opinions.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6565|Mountains of NC

I'll still buy it even after getting frustrated with the beta but I know what we played couldn't be the " final " project

even though I know the absolute fucking disgrace of a MP that was Medal of Honor was
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6668|UK
Alpha: wasn't impressed, but gave it the benefit of the doubt given it was alpha

Beta: suck my dick dice.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Sturgeon
+488|4937|Flintshire
Wasn't too arsed about it before the beta but I had to upgrade my pc as it broke, downloaded the beta and it was good so placed a pre order
https://bf3s.com/sigs/3dda27c6d0d9b22836605b152b9d214b99507f91.png
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6470|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Already placed the order in a month ago and paid it so... Yeah
jmsprovan
+18|5808|Alba
I'm still buying it.

Only an imbecile would consider an 8 week old beta build to be representative of the final product.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6460|cuntshitlake

jmsprovan wrote:

I'm still buying it.

Only an imbecile would consider an 8 week old beta build to be representative of the final product.
They have been developing it for YEARS. Only an imbecile would NOT consider an 8 week old beta build to be representative of the final product.

The only reason i'd buy it is the vehicle aspect that i didn't have time to try in the beta, but i doubt i'll get it.

Last edited by DUnlimited (2011-10-12 10:37:07)

main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6668|UK
Only a down syndrome wanker would have such misguided faith in DICE.

Their track record with regards changes to betas speaks for itself.  Frankly DICE and its cohorts and go drown in a big bubbling vat of AIDS.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6656|The darkside of Denver
Buying, Alpha had issues, those were mostly fixed for Beta, beta has issues... hope it will be patched etc.  I also have nothing else really to play and its still a BF game.  I suppose I dont get my panties all in a twist over some gameplay changes that aren't entirely relevant to my play style.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6664

3 copies for the 360, 3 copies for PC.
jmsprovan
+18|5808|Alba

DUnlimited wrote:

jmsprovan wrote:

I'm still buying it.

They have been developing it for YEARS. Only an imbecile would NOT consider an 8 week old beta build to be representative of the final product.

The only reason i'd buy it is the vehicle aspect that i didn't have time to try in the beta, but i doubt i'll get it.
All the problems I had with the core gameplay have been confirmed fixed in the retail version.
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6470|6 6 4 oh, I forget

What online shooter of this caliber doesn't have problems in alpha/beta/final versions these days? They'll pump updates patches out like before and boost/nerf/whatever guns/planes/apc's. I have no problems with the alpha/beta malfunctioning. I'll draw the conclusion after I have been playing the game for some 10h.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6460|cuntshitlake

jmsprovan wrote:

DUnlimited wrote:

jmsprovan wrote:

I'm still buying it.

All the problems I had with the core gameplay have been confirmed fixed in the retail version.
please share these problems that are confirmed to be fixed
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5785|Catherine Black
Yeah, I've got it preordered. It won't be what we all hope and want, but it'll still be a pretty good game, worth the bux.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6628|949

haven't played the beta at all, will buy, sure to get my value's worth out of it
Christbane
+51|6231
I never gave a flying fuck if it was a true BF2 sequel I just wanted a new game to play. I had fun playing the beta so im pretty sure the final release will give me hours of entertainment.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6153|Vancouver | Canada
I mostly wanted it for the jets, and since they seemed to be huge flying pieces of shit, I might take a pass.

..Though infantry combat on CB was fairly fun.
jmsprovan
+18|5808|Alba

DUnlimited wrote:

jmsprovan wrote:

DUnlimited wrote:

please share these problems that are confirmed to be fixed
jets and helis are more agile
soldier movement is more agile
it takes double the number of (beta) bullets to kill someone
bugs like falling through the map are fixed

those were the main things which i didn't like about the Beta.
Sturgeon
+488|4937|Flintshire

DefCon-17 wrote:

I mostly wanted it for the jets, and since they seemed to be huge flying pieces of shit, I might take a pass.

..Though infantry combat on CB was fairly fun.
The jets aren't useless, they're not as invincible as BF2 jets sure but it's fairly easy to get a double figures kdr and top the leaderboard in one
https://bf3s.com/sigs/3dda27c6d0d9b22836605b152b9d214b99507f91.png
Christbane
+51|6231
as long as they get the binds working for the jet controls I will be happy with them. I did ok flying with mouse and keyboard but I missed flying with the stick
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6282|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
No and no

Won't buy it unless they remove Origin
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6705|England. Stoke

FloppY_ wrote:

No and no

Why? Honestly what does it matter?
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6282|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

coke wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

No and no

At the very least it's a matter of principle, I don't appreciate a triple A title being used as blackmail to force people into a service...

The load of other issues should be common knowledge by now...
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6705|England. Stoke

FloppY_ wrote:

coke wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

No and no

At the very least it's a matter of principle, I don't appreciate a triple A title being used as blackmail to force people into a service...

The load of other issues should be common knowledge by now...
Nope, what other issues.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6628|949

It's not like you have to pay for origin.  I take it you don't have steam either?

it's kind of funny seeing people offer up reasons why they AREN'T going to buy a game.  I'm going to buy it because I like FPS and the idea of vehicles and infantry on the same maps, pretty much the same reason why I've bought incarnations of this game since BF: 1942

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard