Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6676

Uzique wrote:

how do you see so many? i can only see 5. and yeah no shit, playing inf with other wise inf players = good results. it's a rare and precious thing in bf3. though what's the point in your screenshots with terrible performance and just high scores? anyone can kamikaze around grand bazaar with defibs out, spamming medi-packs. that doesn't take any ability solo or in a party.
Battlelog.battlefield.com.

What terrible performance.  K/D shouldn't be the only indicator of skills on objective based game modes.  DM/TDM, fine, K/D is king.  But on objective based matches, DICE has rightfully made it so that those who are actually performing objectives are properly rewarded.  Yeah, that means arming and disarming with death and destruction around.  Could you consistently get that 30-0 on Rush solo full server while earning two MCOM destruction ribbons?

As for that one medic-whore screenshot, I did say I was doing it for kicks just to see how high a score I could get playing medic.  Going mad revive/heal and still keeping a 1.0 K/D solo isn't too bad.

Your kill streak only shows 26 though.  And Lucien only 19?
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6479
when you think about it for longer than 5 minutes, every stat in this game is pointless. teamwork is impossible so win/loss is pretty much the luck of the server-stack, and kill/death is easy to artificially inflate using vehicles/night-vision/strong weapons. they're novel.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6701
The shotgun rapes everything. The frag ammo is ridiculous.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6479
tbh the number of weapons/kit-setups that "rape everything" is ridiculous. there's too much choice when it comes to selecting your 'eze-rape' kit. in bf2 you could argue in certain ways that the g36e was a bit of a one-burst-kill joke, but that was pretty much the only annoyance. in bf3 there are so many guns that are over-strong against everything that it's unfunny.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it
+375|6350|Atlanta, Georgia

Uzique wrote:

tbh the number of weapons/kit-setups that "rape everything" is ridiculous. there's too much choice when it comes to selecting your 'eze-rape' kit. in bf2 you could argue in certain ways that the g36e was a bit of a one-burst-kill joke, but that was pretty much the only annoyance. in bf3 there are so many guns that are over-strong against everything that it's unfunny.
why so serious negative?
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5762|Roma

Uzique wrote:

uhmm not really.
I'm trying to get service medals for all the guns and have to say that the weapons balance out pretty well.
Its about getting used to them.

Last edited by aerodynamic (2011-11-07 15:46:57)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6676

Uzique wrote:

And that's a problem because?  Makes it so that it's not just a game about who gets the OP vehicle.

Hell, people are already complaining about the Mobile AA being a major threat to aircraft.  Well, yeah, it should be.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6479

aerodynamic wrote:

Uzique wrote:

uhmm not really.
I'm trying to get service medals for all the guns and have to say that the weapons balance out pretty well.
nope. some guns are clearly better all-round than others. "getting used to them" is basically a polite way of saying "learning how to play with a disadvantage", which isn't the same thing as game balance.
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5762|Roma

Uzique wrote:

aerodynamic wrote:

Uzique wrote:

uhmm not really.
nope. some guns are clearly better all-round than others. "getting used to them" is basically a polite way of saying "learning how to play with a disadvantage", which isn't the same thing as game balance.
The AEK and F2000 are not that over-powered.

Last edited by aerodynamic (2011-11-07 15:57:10)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6479

Ilocano wrote:

Uzique wrote:

And that's a problem because?  Makes it so that it's not just a game about who gets the OP vehicle.

Hell, people are already complaining about the Mobile AA being a major threat to aircraft.  Well, yeah, it should be.
what's the problem when a certain few guns and vehicles rape everything with ease? are you serious? are you stupid? hmm.

saying that the anti-aa is a "major threat" to aircraft, okay yeah fair enough. but it's about the amount of skill involved in each. the amount of skill involved in sitting still and holding down your mouse at a plane flying by is nowhere near the level of skill required to fly the jet and evade the anti-air on the ground. balance has to put the ability in the hands of the player, not let the weapon/vehicle do all the hard work.

Last edited by Uzique (2011-11-07 15:58:53)

Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6662
You can't create teamwork just by handing out points. BF3 is living proof of this: all that 'teamwork' really comes down to is sticking together, and using each class' basic ability every once in a while. If you want teamwork, you need to properly incorporate it into the game - look at TF2, where the classes are designed to NATURALLY support each other, where the things a class actually does are things that help out other classes - that's teamwork. Valve don't just say "oh good job for healing as a medic, here's 300 points and a ribbon", they made sure that if you play medic you're going to want to actually play like one. What are you as a medic in BF3? nothing, you don't even exist, your class got renamed assault because we're all too busy looking down IR scopes shooting at endless identical enemies. What reason is there to work as a team by reviving and healing or whatever, when it's perpetually unclear who needs help and when the only reward given is points? You're better off just getting more kills. Where is the part of the game that actually makes players WANT to achieve objectives and work as a team? Beyond a handful of points, there isn't any. The only thing that BF3's classes have been properly designed to do is kill each other. There's hardly a sense of achievement you get for winning, either. All the players on your team are just strangers you can hardly even communicate with.

Conquest is an infinitely better gamemode by comparison. Flags are useful things, and so players actually want to capture them. There's a reason to not just stand around shooting at bright orange patches on your screen all round. Rush is just TDM with an added annoyance to qualify it as something more than corridor spam to BF3's wonderful userbase

Last edited by Lucien (2011-11-07 15:59:22)

https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6676

And Conquest is easy mode for a coordinated team.    Quick flag hop all day, take on enemies when you overpower them, run/hide if overwhelmed.  Never ever have the entirety of the enemy weapons pointed at you.  That is Conquest.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6662
it should be easy, shouldn't it? If you need an entire coordinated team using voice comms just to achieve the basic goal of the game, something's not right. Again, think of CTF in team fortress 2 vs. every other game mode. CTF is shit and anyone hardly ever plays it, because it's nigh impossible to achieve a single flag cap on a pub server, and the game turns into a shittier version of TDM. RUSH MODE IS NO DIFFERENT.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6479
ilocano i really can't take you seriously. conquest is easy mode? quick flag hop all day? we're not playing 12-man large conquest, here. of all the (pretty average to shitty) game-modes in bf3, conquest is by far the one requiring the most individual and team skill. rush is a look-one-way-spam-rpg's bollock fest. conquest requires some basic coordination and initiative, at least. having "the entirety of enemy weapons pointed at you" adds absolutely nothing to do gameplay experience, nor does it heighten the skill requirement in the slightest. it just makes the game far more chaotic and frustrating.
jsnipy
+3,276|6531|...

Ilocano wrote:

And Conquest is easy mode for a coordinated team.    Quick flag hop all day, take on enemies when you overpower them, run/hide if overwhelmed.  Never ever have the entirety of the enemy weapons pointed at you.  That is Conquest.
Yeah but in conquest you have to think and be organized about where to go; in rush its a cattle line.
jord
+2,382|6687|The North, beyond the wall.

Uzique wrote:

jord wrote:

I'd consider playing infantry if anyone on my list would actually play when I am and on a decent map/server. Vehicles are easy enough to play alone but the teamwork element of infantry is appealing after round after round of dominating little men running around with little to no way to counter me.
hop on board with us zupa` boys then and play with a little finesse.
I'll play any weekday after half 6, don't expect to be impressed though.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6676

jsnipy wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

Yeah but in conquest you have to think and be organized about where to go; in rush its a cattle line.
Only organization you need is to stick together to cap faster, avoid massed enemies, and go for the easy caps.  Songhua + full helicopter, for example.  But with the shitty BF3 maps, much harder than BF2 to know where to go.
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6584|London
I had the most hilarious game just now Was actually more braindead than killing AI bots.

Fairly certain I was not so terrible at games when I was 15/16 years old..

edit: this was on seine btw. I was playing medic and didn't get a single revive.

https://i.imgur.com/3IbVM.png

Last edited by Aries_37 (2011-11-08 14:32:18)

Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6352
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5759|شمال
teh music was ok in that video ^^
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6663

FloppY_
­
+1,010|6295|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
Carefull EA could suspend your entire Origin account for that
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6614|Greenwood, IN

Win! ...
gurdeep
­
+812|4764|proll­y
fuuuuuuck i want to play
Roc18
`
+655|5800|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

gurdeep wrote:

fuuuuuuck i want to play
This is when a gaming laptop would be useful lol.

Bring it anywhere and just throw it in a bag if you're moving room to room or to a different country like you did.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard