Poll

What are your impressions of the Battlefield 3 beta?

Awesome16%16% - 18
Good32%32% - 35
Middle of the road24%24% - 26
Bad12%12% - 13
F*ck this game14%14% - 16
Total: 108
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6835

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

I hope they give the hajjis and other factions voices in their actual languages. It's so stupid hearing some shitty fresh-off-the-boat English with an Arabic accent instead of simply Arabic like in BF2.
You know the red team is Russian, right?

Sometimes I hear Russian exclamations, other times they code switch between Russian and English, and sometimes they speak English.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2011-09-30 06:36:40)

M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6365|Escea

Battlelog has been much improved over the past two days, and they've done a little something with the quicksand on Metro.
jsnipy
+3,276|6664|...

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

I hope they give the hajjis and other factions voices in their actual languages. It's so stupid hearing some shitty fresh-off-the-boat English with an Arabic accent instead of simply Arabic like in BF2.
yeah i agree with this. Honestly hearing Arabic and Chinese was one the cool things about bf2.
Roc18
`
+655|5933|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

jsnipy wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

yeah i agree with this. Honestly hearing Arabic and Chinese was one the cool things about bf2.
>Anal Moosehead
>Busted the hymen sign a moose say young

If you get it you're a real bf2 player

Last edited by Roc18 (2011-09-30 07:11:26)

RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,737|6879|Oxferd Ohire
foxdoughnut   > that

Last edited by RTHKI (2011-09-30 07:15:15)

https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
jsnipy
+3,276|6664|...

Roc18 wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

>Anal Moosehead

I always heard "dear moonkey"
Roc18
`
lol I just found one of my posts from nearly 5 years ago with translations
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pid=862759#p862759
Roc18
`

jsnipy wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

>Anal Moosehead

I always heard "dear moonkey"
Shit like that is what made bf2 so epic.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6454

M.O.A.B wrote:

Battlelog has been much improved over the past two days, and they've done a little something with the quicksand on Metro.
Looks like they've disabled terrain destruction to fix the falling into nothingness glitch.
We have distributed a server side update with the following changes:

- Terrain destruction disabled, because it causes problems with people crawling around under the map. We have a proper fix for this in the retail game, but chose to simply disable it for the OB
- Preround is fully activated: 8 players required to transition from preround to in-game; when 8 players are reached, the start-timer is set to 10 seconds
- Fixes for the most common game server crashes reported over the past 48 hours
- Fixes for end-of-round progress reporting to Battlelog (so players will see their progress more detailed on Battlelog)
http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/batt … pdate.html
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|5110|Dundee, Scotland.
it's not especially bad at beta level, surprisingly.

i agree with the killcam problem, utter kack.

specs: Xbox
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6796
My impression has improved, but they need to have Caspian in wide circulation, pronto. 

I can get used to using Battlelog, etc etc so long as they continue to improve it by release.  I had the latest official gfx drivers, but getting the beta drivers that they recommend for BF3 improved my FPS a lot.  Definitely make sure you've done that if you haven't. 

(i7 950 @ 3.8, 6 gb DDR3 @ 1800, SSD and GTX 580...after getting the recommended drivers my lowest FPS was around 45, usually it was 60+, @1920x1080 with textures on ultra, most every other setting on high, 2x AA and SSAO.  Not bad, but I would think it could still be better optimized.)

Also, keybinding magically started working for me, which made playing in general waaaaay less frustrating, but I can't get my joystick to work to test flying...that in and of itself could be a deal-breaker for this game.

Actual gameplay can be fun at times, but is hindered by how shitty Metro is...it's just too bottlenecked, and is generally the antithesis of everything I think of when I think "Battlefield".  D-day in a subway is not a good map layout.  I want huge expanses of terrain with tracer-filled skies above and jets and helicopters flying around, not some CoD-esque bottlenecked clusterfuck. 

Regardless, I can see glimmers of hope.  They made a point of saying Caspian isn't the largest map, so I'm interested to see how much bigger they get.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/12516/Bitch%20Hunter%20Sig.jpg
UK|Hooligan
Seriously, fuck off.
+103|6830|"The Empire"
The AEK-917 is a beast, but you quickly run out of ammo so you need the ammo perk, its the first weapon i have found that has all 3 fire settings. Burst fire being the best on it to conserve that ammo, if you don't it lasts for 3 clips.
GuliblGuy
Zulu son, what!?!
+79|6927|Anaheim, CA

Roc18 wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

>Anal Moosehead

Chad is bustin hymen...
The A W S M F O X
I Won't Deny It
+172|5826|SQUID
I gave it a good go today on PS3, don't play alot of FPS on console so just stuck with sniper mostly. The controls feel....bad, I often find I need to put senstivity on or near max for most PS3 FPS, this I had to take wayyyy down, the movement is just too jerky.

Enjoying the 4x and ACOG on SVD and Mk11. Once you start ranking up and figure the good spots I was having alot of fun and getting some KDR overall. The map is terrible though. Menu etc is shocking. You get scopes and stuff very quickly, which I don't like. Got them all within 100 kills on each rifle.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,737|6879|Oxferd Ohire
hope easy unlocks is for the beta only
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6605|cuntshitlake

this game is bad and ez
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
jord
+2,382|6820|The North, beyond the wall.
i hope they get rid of the ribbons for everything shit

but they wont.

i got a ribbon today for a round in which i spawned, fired 2 shots which missed and then the game ended...
The A W S M F O X
I Won't Deny It
+172|5826|SQUID

jord wrote:

i hope they get rid of the ribbons for everything shit

but they wont.

i got a ribbon today for a round in which i spawned, fired 2 shots which missed and then the game ended...
Retards and kids these days need to feel rewarded for simply joining a game.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6298|Vancouver | Canada
Yeah, I was disappointed in all the instant gratification shit. I was hoping DICE would stay away from that. Oh well.

The vaulting and diving is awesome though. I could do that all day.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6859|Riva, MD
It's too bad they there's no Caspian servers up right now.  From the little bit I played of it, it seemed a lot more reminiscent of some of the bigger BF2 maps

Last edited by _j5689_ (2011-09-30 11:29:36)

Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5844|College Park, MD

GuliblGuy wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

>Anal Moosehead

Chad is bustin hymen...
OOKJAY BOOMBOOLA
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
HITNRUNXX
+220|6852|Oklahoma City
Ok, soooo my BF3 experience...

I understand some of these may be fixed in the full release...

(XBOX360)

1) It is difficult to get into a game with a friend. Unlike CoD, where you invite them into your game, and that automatically puts them in the right screen, BF3 immediately puts them in your squad. This sounds great... HOWEVER, if they are not in the proper screen when you join a match, they don't come with you. So you have to organize with them. Then, even though they WERE in your squad, they are not once you join a match... You randomly join a squad.

2) The graphics are unpolished... I am hoping this is due to it being a lower resolution packaging for the sake of being a smaller download/demo.

3) I was shocked at the amount of recoil. I was more shocked by the fact that my wild burst across the screen actually killed someone.

4) Wild spraying around sometimes seems amazingly effective.

5) Controlled bursts point blank into an enemy often seem to have no effect whatsoever. Even if you empty the mag into them.

6) You can sometimes kill someone with a single bullet from an AK74u from across the map while they are sniping you, while it take 2 sniper bullet to kill you.

7) Sometimes, you can hit a guy across the map 10 or 15 times, and he can look around to see where it is coming from, scope in on you and snipe you.

8) Long range scopes don't add as much on the long range as much as they subtract from your short to mid range.

9) If you crawl a lot, you eventually sink into the ground.

10) If you aim a lot when you shoot, sometimes it will stop letting you aim. You have to cycle guns around to be able to sight again.

11) Knifing is rough and takes some preparation. Sometimes when you hit the knife button, it swings the knife. Other times, you just pull it out. Depending on how close you are to the bad guy, instead of just slashing them, you go through an animation where you grab them and then stab them. Where this can be cool, it can also get you killed a lot while you are trapped in this motion.

12) Grenades take FOREVER to go off. Use them more to scare someone away from a target than to get kills.

13) It can be really hard to see people... Was that a bush? A rock? A bad guy? A friendly? A tree? I am not sure... I can shoot at it now, or I can wait and see if it moves or shoots at me first...

14) I want one of the flashlights they use in this game. At one point, I was outside in bright daylight, and I was shocked at how bright the sun was. It was so bright it was glaring across my screen. I looked at it and was totally blind. Then it shot me and I realized it was a guy up on a ledge, 40 feet away from me, blinding me with the brightest flashlight on the planet. He killed 4 if us as we blindly flailed around.

15) The server goes down a lot... And for long periods of time. I would expect them to fix this before full release.

16) You will die a lot. Randomly. From no apparent place. Instantly.

17) You will get some long killstreaks. Without any real purpose or feelings of accomplishment.

18) You will have some longer death streaks... Without really doing anything wrong.

19) One of the scopes I used forced me to adjust for bullet drop. It had a number of different marker levels, and I had to use the one that made it look like I was aiming WAY above their head to get hits when they were really far away... I liked this at first, thinking there was going to be some real skill involved in getting long range hits... However, other scopes, and iron sites, did not have this feature/problem. They simply shot straight from any distance.

20) My HUD would sometimes disappear. It would stay gone until I exited the entire game and game back into it.

21) My crosshairs would sometimes disappear. They would usually come back after I died and respawned.

22) When you die, you watch a killer cam. It does not show how you were killed, it just shows a close up of the guy that killed you. You can't skip this. Sometimes it zooms in so far the camera is actually inside the guy's head and you are looking out the back.

23) You can respawn on any squadmate (good thing). However, when you select your spawnpoint, sometimes you would have to select it 3-6 times before you would actually spawn.

24) When the server dropped sometimes it would go into a "loading" screen and never leave it. The only way out was to hit the Xbox button and go to the dashboard. HOWEVER, this apparently caused some sort of resource issue with my Xbox. It would run like crap until I rebooted it, including not loading dashboard screens/icons/pictures/etc.

25) Getting hit by a laser site kind of flashes your screen that color. This is a neat feature, but sometimes it turns an area into a disco light show. This game could cause hardcore lifetime gamers into epileptics.

26) Bugs aside, it isn't that fun, really... After 30 minutes of playing, I am wanting to stop and go do something else. I have only put in a couple hours of play on this game, and yet I don't really want to play it. Bugs aside, it isn't bad... But it just isn't fun either...

27) This game was NOT ready to be released into an open beta. That was the worst mistake they could have made. A closed beta really explains to its users that it is not a finished product. This game, however, it only around 20 days to launch and this "Open Beta" is being perceived much more like a Demo. A Demo that sucks. When a game hits open beta, it should have the main bugs all worked out... It should only need the WEIRD bugs be located... Things that exploit aspects of the game, or cause an unpredicted glitch. Things like "If you stand here, and face north, and jump, then lay down, and spin in a circle clockwise, and fire your pistol 3 times, and then reload, you will clip through the building." NOT things like "If you aim, it may or may not aim..." This game is NOT ready for open Beta... BIG mistake. It has sucked the excitement out of all my friends and left a bad taste in their mouths already... To the degree of they are moving their preorder money over to Modern Warfare 3, and other games.

I was super hyped for this game. Now I feel blah about even using my unlimited rental pass to rent it. I guess I will see if I am still wrapped up in Batman when it comes out...

Last edited by HITNRUNXX (2011-09-30 19:56:54)

gurdeep
­
+812|4897|proll­y

Roc18 wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

>Anal Moosehead

cherries bustin a hymen bro...
Roc18
`

gurdeep wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

>Anal Moosehead

cherries bustin a hymen bro...
Prols

and I change my vote to Fuck this game. I don't think the full release will change my mind.
jsnipy
+3,276|6664|...

The "not being able to set the controls except when spawned" thing absolutely fucks me up.

Even when you get to, you cannot bind the mouse directly. Kinda silly really.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard