Poll

What are your impressions of the Battlefield 3 beta?

Awesome16%16% - 18
Good32%32% - 35
Middle of the road24%24% - 26
Bad12%12% - 13
F*ck this game14%14% - 16
Total: 108
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6289|Washington St.
i just went to 'all' CB maps and tried any one that had an open spot and they all worked. try it. if not, then i don't know but that's the PW that got me in.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6154|Vancouver | Canada
I don't mind Battlelog now that I've used it. I think it's kinda cool to be able to other things (browse the internet, whatever), then once it's loaded you just hit Open game or whatever it is, and you're instantly in game.
(Not that I couldn't do that with TF2 with fast alt-tabbing in window/noborder mode, but still)
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6715|Riva, MD

pirana6 wrote:

i just went to 'all' CB maps and tried any one that had an open spot and they all worked. try it. if not, then i don't know but that's the PW that got me in.
Well, from what those guys were saying, they change the password every 24 hours, before it was Appletini, I also came across this thing that supposedly has a script that removes the password prompt allowing you walk right through that bullshit:

http://www.coderah.com/?page_id=389
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5700|College Park, MD
Alright I finally got to play a round. First impression is that it was pretty fun (remember this is for the 360), it reminded me of BF2 Infantry Only. But I wanna play around with vehicles before making a final judgment, and honestly I think it would be more fun on PC.

Graphics were pretty great but not as good as I've seen for the PC.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6289|Washington St.

_j5689_ wrote:

pirana6 wrote:

Well, from what those guys were saying, they change the password every 24 hours, before it was Appletini, I also came across this thing that supposedly has a script that removes the password prompt allowing you walk right through that bullshit:

Dude are you throwing up all this stuff without trying the password? Maybe it works for some people maybe it doesn't. Hell maybe theyre spelling it wrong.

GO TRY IT.

It worked for me not 1 hour ago.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6715|Riva, MD

pirana6 wrote:

_j5689_ wrote:

pirana6 wrote:

Dude are you throwing up all this stuff without trying the password? Maybe it works for some people maybe it doesn't. Hell maybe theyre spelling it wrong.

GO TRY IT.

I did try it on several servers, still didn't work.

But that code I found works, so go get it if you have Chrome, or get GreaseMonkey for Firefox and then get the script.  It completely bypasses the password
TheTrueQuaid
What was I doing mars?
+11|5897|Assachusetts

_j5689_ wrote:

pirana6 wrote:

_j5689_ wrote:

GO TRY IT.

I did try it on several servers, still didn't work.

But that code I found works, so go get it if you have Chrome, or get GreaseMonkey for Firefox and then get the script.  It completely bypasses the password
I tried that script but when its active you can't join any server, clicking join match does nothing, disable the script and you can join matches.
iceman785
+93|6671|Alaska, mother fucker.
So is it open beta for PC too?
Canin
Conservative Roman Catholic
+280|6473|Foothills of S. Carolina

iceman785 wrote:

So is it open beta for PC too?
Yeah, if you can keep your connection for more than 5 minutes. I have only completed one round, and I dont think the stats even came through for it. Hope they get this issue fixed.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6566|Mountains of NC

when we're this close to release date, is there a chance to have all these problems ironed out
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
nope, but BF2 was pretty damn buggy on release. then a few days later they put out a patch that fixed the most glaring glitches.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6289|Washington St.
to me most of the glitches aren't in the actual game but with the in-game menu and server menu. I dunno how fast it is to fix those but the actual gameplay is more or less okay depending on preference not actual bugs. Yes there are some but not enormous ones... yet.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6443|The Land of Scott Walker
Love it!  Of course, there are bugs and glitches to work out, but I can deal with that.  Like the battlelog for stats and platoon info.
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5903|CA
I really want to try Caspian, Op. Metro is such a terrible map.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6673|Canberra, AUS
Fun looking game based on the two rounds I've played so far. AMD being fucking morons of the nth order means I can't really say any more. Haven't been nade-spammed or rocket-spammed yet which is nice.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6778|Great Brown North
metro sucks

flashlights need to be either removed or whatever the fuck

lasers in the eyes should blind ofc, flashlights IN DAYLIGHT from 20-30m should not
UK|Hooligan
Seriously, fuck off.
+103|6686|"The Empire"

krazed wrote:

lasers in the eyes should blind ofc, flashlights IN DAYLIGHT from 20-30m should not
I like them, outside they are a bit bright but not for long when i hit them in a face with a RPG. They are great targets.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6322|Graz, Austria
Origin:
Stupid EA idiots were not able to manage distinguishing between Austria and Germany.
Now their corporate police is enforcing silly German youth protection laws on me, disallowing me to install the beta before 11PM.
I really hope that they fix that and there are no bad surprises with the full game (which I imported from the UK), e.g. perhaps not being able to play before 11PM or some other shit.

Furthermore, I doubt that I will ever buy something through Origin (especially DLC), if I can't be perfectly sure that I will be able to get the original English language versions of the games and won't be forced to swallow German low-violence, cut versions.
GFWL has pissed me of in that aspect forever.

BF3:
A few times I got dropped out from servers during play, but other than that I had no issues with joining low-ping servers and playing the game.
I like that crawling around in prone position has a nicely looking animation now, and being able to see your own feet also adds to the immersion.
The jumping and shinny animations are great too and so far not annoying.

I noticed that apparently if someone has equipped a laser pointer and is aiming a you, you really see the red spot and get blinded a bit.

I also saw some white lights on enemies. Are these supposed to be flash lights (during the day?), or is that the lens flare/reflections from sniper scopes?
If it's the latter, it looks incredibly stupid.

Battlelog:
I really like that you almost instantly hop into a game with only a few seconds of loading. (That is, if you had Origin already running.)
The social aspect is also nice, and I'm looking forward to play with our BF2s platoon.
Eboreus
Member of Foamy's Card Cult
+46|6646
Got to play a few rounds now and so far I like what I see. It feels like fun even though I keep getting my face smashed all the time.

But I highly doubt that DICE can iron out the bugs until they finally release the game. Falling through the earth all the time? That seems like a more serious problem to me...
Maybe we get lucky and they at least fix some of the smaller things like those funny flashlights. Almost feels like a real weapon atm

Can anyone confirm the fact that the chopper handling is horrible in comparison to BF2?
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5748|شمال
I hate the quick sand bug..i get sucked into the ground alot now
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6691
Am I the only one who thinks HL2: EP2 had better graphics? At least in texture quality.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6735|Oxferd Ohire
i was having fun till the server disconnected
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
jsnipy
+3,276|6521|...

Got to pay for like 10 min.

good
* framerate was great, no snags or issues (for the 10 min)
* graphics were pretty

bad
* wtf with setting the controls, only during a round and I could not assign anything to the mouse
* i only got to play for 10 min
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
I hope they give the hajjis and other factions voices in their actual languages. It's so stupid hearing some shitty fresh-off-the-boat English with an Arabic accent instead of simply Arabic like in BF2.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6735|Oxferd Ohire
get the foxdoughnut
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard