Poll

What are your impressions of the Battlefield 3 beta?

Awesome16%16% - 18
Good32%32% - 35
Middle of the road24%24% - 26
Bad12%12% - 13
F*ck this game14%14% - 16
Total: 108
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6663|UK

Roc18 wrote:

rdx-fx wrote:

Other than pretty graphics, everything about this game is worse than 2001's Tribes 2.
lol I always used to play that game. It was one of those cheap games my dad got for me when I was younger because it wasn't expensive.

i think we're all old enough to understand what cheap means.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6489

speak for yourself.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6663|UK
cheap  (chp)
adj. cheap·er, cheap·est
a. Relatively low in cost; inexpensive or comparatively inexpensive.
b. Charging low prices: a cheap restaurant.
a. Obtainable at a low rate of interest. Used especially of money.
b. Devalued, as in buying power: cheap dollars.
3. Achieved with little effort: a cheap victory; cheap laughs.
4. Of or considered of small value: in wartime, when life was cheap.
5. Of poor quality; inferior: a cheap toy.
6. Worthy of no respect; vulgar or contemptible: a cheap gangster.
7. Stingy; miserly.
adv. cheaper, cheapest
Inexpensively: got the new car cheap.
Idioms:
cheap at twice the price
Extremely inexpensive.
on the cheap
By inexpensive means; cheaply: traveled to Europe on the cheap.

You're welcome mate.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Roc18
`
+655|5782|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

m3thod wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

rdx-fx wrote:

Other than pretty graphics, everything about this game is worse than 2001's Tribes 2.
lol I always used to play that game. It was one of those cheap games my dad got for me when I was younger because it wasn't expensive.

i think we're all old enough to understand what cheap means.
Cheap as in a low quality game + it was inexpensive.

inexpensive kinda like this game, except Mech Warrior 4 wasn't a bad game.

https://www.cyberlore.com/mw4mercs/graphics/MWMbox.jpg

Last edited by Roc18 (2011-09-29 15:16:53)

Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5693|College Park, MD

west-phoenix-az wrote:

Anyone playing a console version?
Same issues described here?
Other issues?
i'm downloading the 360 beta
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6147|Vancouver | Canada
Am I the only one who's annoyed by the fact that you can't see 80% of the people who kill you?

Running towards objective, and in two hits I'm dead from some guy hiding in some bush somewhere. Repeat. Gee, that's fun.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6684
It's cause everything has that blue tinge. Also the outfits all looks similar. Kinda odd that they decided to invent new outfits, rather than go by what's actually used in combat.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2011-09-29 15:31:04)

RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6556|Area 51

DefCon-17 wrote:

Am I the only one who's annoyed by the fact that you can't see 80% of the people who kill you?

Running towards objective, and in two hits I'm dead from some guy hiding in some bush somewhere. Repeat. Gee, that's fun.
Ye been grinding my gears so much that I already rage quitted the game on the ps3. Spawn, run 4 feet to objective, instakill.

I R HAVING SO MUCH FUN.
Roc18
`

DefCon-17 wrote:

You can see the guy that shot you last on the killcam. Which forces you to do nothing while watching them hide behind a random rock. But I know what you mean, I seem to die alot faster in this game. I'm an over 2 K/D infantry player in BF2 yet for some reason in BC2 and BF3 I get raped and can usually manage a little over 1 K/D playing infantry. I also hate that when you get revived you still have a death counted against you like in Bad Company 2.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6491|so randum
statsrlyfe
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Roc18
`

FatherTed wrote:

statsrlyfe
I'm making a point that the infantry gameplay in Battlefield Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 3 is much slower and difficult to play compared to Battlefield 3. I'll still rape in vehicle maps though, I know that much.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6684
I unlocked the scope for the AK74M, so maybe life wont suck so much.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6147|Vancouver | Canada
The killcam is worthless though. It's so up in their face that I have no idea where they are most of the time.

I feel like I'm playing a CoD game with recoil.

Guess I'll be sticking to vehicle maps as well...though I dusted off my joystick only to find out the Caspian Border map isn't in the beta yet.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
"The connection to EA Online was lost."

Well this is a pretty shitty beta.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6708|Riva, MD
I like how the game is a lot "smarter", like being able to deploy the bipod(finally) not only on the floor but also objects that you may be be crouching or standing in front of.  It also just generally does it in a much more intuitive way than CoD: WaW did, that's the only other game I've played that has any kind of actual bipod-on-object mounting.

I like the animation of actually vaulting over things as well.  Seems like it was borrowed right out of Mirror's Edge, which actually makes it feel even better for me.

But on the downside, as everyone else said, the squad system sucks, but while I was looking at the squad area in the Escape menu, I noticed under the squad you're in, there is a small gray box next to the word "Private" that doesn't do anything, but I could definitely see that being the way to make your own squad when the full version comes out.  imo, it would be unacceptable not to make it more like the way it was in BF2.  This is BF3 after all, not BF: BC3.  Or at least that's what it's supposed to be.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
I don't get why they do everything through EA's shitty fucking servers. If the actual game is as shitty as this (as in you can't even connect to multiplayer) I'm not buying it. Fuck off DICE, I hate you.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
i bet a beer that the servers will fuck up again on release day
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5991|Vortex Ring State

_j5689_ wrote:

I like how the game is a lot "smarter", like being able to deploy the bipod(finally) not only on the floor but also objects that you may be be crouching or standing in front of.  It also just generally does it in a much more intuitive way than CoD: WaW did, that's the only other game I've played that has any kind of actual bipod-on-object mounting.

I like the animation of actually vaulting over things as well.  Seems like it was borrowed right out of Mirror's Edge, which actually makes it feel even better for me.

But on the downside, as everyone else said, the squad system sucks, but while I was looking at the squad area in the Escape menu, I noticed under the squad you're in, there is a small gray box next to the word "Private" that doesn't do anything, but I could definitely see that being the way to make your own squad when the full version comes out.  imo, it would be unacceptable not to make it more like the way it was in BF2.  This is BF3 after all, not BF: BC3.  Or at least that's what it's supposed to be.
you're playing all the wrong games, DoD:S had bipod-on anything mounting 3 years before CoD:W@W did, RO had it 2 years before CoD:W@W

Last edited by Trotskygrad (2011-09-29 16:05:35)

Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4834|Amsterdam
Played some rounds with menzo.
I will admit, i was really pissed at EA because it wasn't working properly. But they were just Beta flaws (i fucking hope so) and i got them sorted out.
Now metro isn't the best map to showcase this game, but i was one of those people that like BC2 and this came (to my regret, i might like BC2, but this should still be a BF2 sequel) pretty close to it.
Now, ignoring the browser and menu clusterfuck, and just looking at gameplay (infantry i'm afraid) it was pretty solid. Action was very intense and the sounds are of excellent quality and really make it an immersing experience.

But of course theres more then just shooting. The menu clusterfuck shouldn't be ignored and isn't bad, but couldve done a lot (A LOT) better and the squad system is just non-existent as far as im concerned, thats how shit it is.

6/10 for the beta. But people that played Caspian said it was a completely different game, so we'll see how it is once its actually released.

(repost from BF3 main thread)
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6282|Washington St.
Sat on the Caspian server list and finally got in after about 10 minutes.

I'd suggest playing this map before you come to any remarkable conclusions.
Feels much more like battlefield.
That's not to say the infantry feels slow, but once you add in huge maps and vehicles, it's harder to notice.

I said Good
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5896|CA
The launching from a web browser is stupid and inefficient.  I'm expecting the full game to have Battlelog functionality built into the game.
-MetaL*
Sup guies
+157|5625|Southern California
PC: Much easier to kill and looks absolutely great even on High with few medium graphic settings, metro is tolerable, controls are well suited.
360: Harder to stay alive and keep a positive k/d, graphics look like medium with low mixed, map is terrible, controls are subpar.

Last edited by -MetaL* (2011-09-29 16:18:54)

_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6708|Riva, MD

pirana6 wrote:

Sat on the Caspian server list and finally got in after about 10 minutes.

I'd suggest playing this map before you come to any remarkable conclusions.
Feels much more like battlefield.
That's not to say the infantry feels slow, but once you add in huge maps and vehicles, it's harder to notice.

I said Good
How did you get into one of those?  They're all passworded
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6282|Washington St.
shoppingcartsareagoodride
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6708|Riva, MD

pirana6 wrote:

shoppingcartsareagoodride
Which precise server did that work on?