13rin
+977|6481

HITNRUNXX wrote:

Sure they do. He is on someone else's property. They have the right to tell you that you are not allowed to carry guns on their property. If you don't agree, go somewhere else.

I have every right to tell people that they are not allowed to bring guns into my house or into my business. Their rights don't overwrite mine. They aren't being forced to be on my property.
Ok Suppose you are an atheist..  When One steps into your store do they at that point lose their right to believe in god? How about voting?  Do they lose their right to vote?  Can't pick and choose.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
HITNRUNXX
+220|6711|Oklahoma City

13rin wrote:

HITNRUNXX wrote:

Sure they do. He is on someone else's property. They have the right to tell you that you are not allowed to carry guns on their property. If you don't agree, go somewhere else.

I have every right to tell people that they are not allowed to bring guns into my house or into my business. Their rights don't overwrite mine. They aren't being forced to be on my property.
Ok Suppose you are an atheist..  When One steps into your store do they at that point lose their right to believe in god? How about voting?  Do they lose their right to vote?  Can't pick and choose.
That is the most ignorant thing I have ever read.

No, you are not allowed to vote in my house. Go find a voting booth. I will decide what I am grilling for dinner. You have no vote.  I run a tyranny.

I don't care what you believe. You have no right to tell my kids in my house if I tell you not to. If you choose to anyway, I can kick you out.

The United States can't kick you out for preaching your beliefs. Do you honestly think it is the same thing?

Wow.
13rin
+977|6481

HITNRUNXX wrote:

No, you are not allowed to vote in my house. Go find a voting booth. I will decide what I am grilling for dinner. You have no vote.  I run a tyranny.

I don't care what you believe. You have no right to tell my kids in my house if I tell you not to. If you choose to anyway, I can kick you out.

The United States can't kick you out for preaching your beliefs. Do you honestly think it is the same thing?

Wow.
Haha...  Reread your own drivel sometime  then...  You can't pick and choose what amendments you want to follow.  Sorry pal it is in the Constitution.  Just because it frightens you... Too f'n bad.

*edit:
Ah.. But i'm not in your house.  I'm in a store or restaurant.
Yes you vote in a booth, but I still have that right regardless of where I am.  You can't take it away from me.  Just like you can't take away someones right to believe in a god.

Last edited by 13rin (2011-09-14 11:23:55)

I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
HITNRUNXX
+220|6711|Oklahoma City

13rin wrote:

HITNRUNXX wrote:

Wow.
Haha...  Reread your own drivel sometime  then...  You can't pick and choose what amendments you want to follow.  Sorry pal it is in the Constitution.  Just because it frightens you... Too f'n bad.
What are you even talking about? MY rights are protecting in my house. I can decide if you come in or not. I can decide what rules you follow while you are here. If you don't believe that, let me know where you live. I will use my rights to live and pursue happiness in your house, and according to you, there is nothing you can do about it.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5360|London, England

13rin wrote:

Jay wrote:

13rin wrote:

Sure he did.  One's second amendment rights shouldn't end when you go to work.  I'm glad he was able to explain his actions rather than being dead.
Uhh, yeah, they should. If I own a business, I get to choose whether guns are permissible on my property or not. Or do you not respect property law now?
Didn't you at one time say that a person never truly owns their land/property?
Ahh, ok, so you won't mind if I come shit on your lawn then.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6739|Oxferd Ohire

Jay wrote:

13rin wrote:

Jay wrote:

Uhh, yeah, they should. If I own a business, I get to choose whether guns are permissible on my property or not. Or do you not respect property law now?
Indecent exposure
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
13rin
+977|6481

Jay wrote:

13rin wrote:

Jay wrote:

I'm sorry Jay, I don't follow you.
HITNRUNXX
+220|6711|Oklahoma City
Simple fact: One persons rights don't overwrite another persons rights.

Also known as "Your rights end where my nose begins."

Also known as "My house, my rules."

If I own a business, that is mine too.

If you don't like it, take your business somewhere else.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

13rin wrote:

Jay wrote:

13rin wrote:

I'm sorry Jay, I don't follow you.
You don't own your property right? So you won't mind if I use 'your' lawn as a toilet.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
13rin
+977|6481

HITNRUNXX wrote:

13rin wrote:

HITNRUNXX wrote:

Wow.
What are you even talking about? MY rights are protecting in my house. I can decide if you come in or not. I can decide what rules you follow while you are here. If you don't believe that, let me know where you live. I will use my rights to live and pursue happiness in your house, and according to you, there is nothing you can do about it.
I'm not in your house, I am in a place of business and conducting a transaction... Please reread the title  of this thread... and the constitution.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Way to twist my argument to suit your own desires though. You're right, you don't ultimately own your own property, the state does. This is why your land can be seized if you don't pay property taxes, or if you 'blight' your property. However, as long as I do pay my taxes and keep the land out of blight, I am the owner. And no, you can't bring a gun into my home.

Edit - You also lose your right to free speech and assembly. Sue me.

Last edited by Jay (2011-09-14 11:32:47)

-Frederick Bastiat
HITNRUNXX
+220|6711|Oklahoma City

13rin wrote:

HITNRUNXX wrote:

13rin wrote:

I'm not in your house, I am in a place of business and conducting a transaction... Please reread the title  of this thread... and the constitution.
And that business is owned by someone. And that someone can decide if you can carry your gun on their property. And if you don't like their answer, you can take your transaction somewhere else.

According to you, I should be able to walk into a bank carrying an AK47 and they should be cool with it.
13rin
+977|6481

Jay wrote:

Way to twist my argument to suit your own desires though. You're right, you don't ultimately own your own property, the state does. This is why your land can be seized if you don't pay property taxes, or if you 'blight' your property. However, as long as I do pay my taxes and keep the land out of blight, I am the owner. And no, you can't bring a gun into my home.
I think I we are comparing apples to oranges.  I am referring to businesses, not homes.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

13rin wrote:

Jay wrote:

I think I we are comparing apples to oranges.  I am referring to businesses, not homes.
How is it any different? Someone owns the property do they not? They dictate the rules. No shirt, no shoes, no service is a sign you see in many places, no? Do you bitch about your freedom of speech when confronted by those signs?
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
If I was Walgreens I would not only have fired his dumb ass, I would've filed charges against him on account of his putting the lives of the other employees, plus customers in danger. Nice fat little civil suit as well.
-Frederick Bastiat
13rin
+977|6481

HITNRUNXX wrote:

And that business is owned by someone. And that someone can decide if you can carry your gun on their property. And if you don't like their answer, you can take your transaction somewhere else.

According to you, I should be able to walk into a bank carrying an AK47 and they should be cool with it.
If there is an open carry....  In my opinion, if a business is open to the public or takes subsidies from the state, then one should be able to lawfully carry.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

13rin wrote:

HITNRUNXX wrote:

If there is an open carry....  In my opinion, if a business is open to the public or takes subsidies from the state, then one should be able to lawfully carry.
Nope.
-Frederick Bastiat
13rin
+977|6481

Jay wrote:

If I was Walgreens I would not only have fired his dumb ass, I would've filed charges against him on account of his putting the lives of the other employees, plus customers in danger. Nice fat little civil suit as well.
Um... The other guy was in the commission of a forcible felony robbing their store (and escalated it to arguably attempted murder)..  Why would you defend him and punish the employee?
HITNRUNXX
+220|6711|Oklahoma City

13rin wrote:

Jay wrote:

Um... The other guy was in the commission of a forcible felony robbing their store (and escalated it to arguably attempted murder)..  Why would you defend him and punish the employee?
Not defending him. He should go to prison. But the employee was also in the wrong. You can't do whatever you want and expect no consequences, when you were told in advance of the consequences.
HITNRUNXX
+220|6711|Oklahoma City

13rin wrote:

HITNRUNXX wrote:

Banks, Schools, Police Departments, Federal Buildings. Have fun.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

13rin wrote:

Jay wrote:

I'm not defending the criminal in the slightest.

What I am doing is punishing the person that escalated matters by violating company policy and firing off shots in my store.

They're both in the wrong. One just happened to make the situation worse by trying to be a cowboy.
-Frederick Bastiat
13rin
+977|6481

Jay wrote:

13rin wrote:

HITNRUNXX wrote:

Nope.
I guess that is just where we'll agree to disagree.  Just because I'm on someones else land doesn't mean that I will waive my constitutional rights.  Honestly, I avoid places where I'm not permitted to carry.  I'd rather give my business to someone else.
13rin
+977|6481

HITNRUNXX wrote:

13rin wrote:

HITNRUNXX wrote:

Banks, Schools, Police Departments, Federal Buildings. Have fun.
In Florida you can carry a gun in the Capitol... Have fun.

*edit..

And you can carry in a bank.

Last edited by 13rin (2011-09-14 11:47:06)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

13rin wrote:

Jay wrote:

13rin wrote:

Nope.
I guess that is just where we'll agree to disagree.  Just because I'm on someones else land doesn't mean that I will waive my constitutional rights.  Honestly, I avoid places where I'm not permitted to carry.  I'd rather give my business to someone else.
That's fine. It's your right to frequent any business as you choose. It's my right as a property owner to set the rules for people entering my property.
-Frederick Bastiat
HITNRUNXX
+220|6711|Oklahoma City

13rin wrote:

Honestly, I avoid places where I'm not permitted to carry.  I'd rather give my business to someone else.
EXACTLY! That is my point! That is also your right! Forcing those places to abide by you is not your right. Thank you!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard