13/f/taiwan
+940|5700

(27th)Kaptyn wrote:

mmmfff mmmfff mmmmfff
Just curious......are you going to rename the site BF3s at some point?
Or maybe you guys could start a new one under that name and enforce strict standards from day one, might be easier than retraining the current crop.
www.trackr.com
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6651|Washington DC

13/f/taiwan wrote:

(27th)Kaptyn wrote:

mmmfff mmmfff mmmmfff
Or maybe you guys could start a new one under that name and enforce strict standards from day one, might be easier than retraining the current crop.
www.trackr.com
www.bf3s.net
(27th)Kaptyn
+14|6515|AUS
You guys (the abusive trolls) might think that you are just like every other BF2 player.
What you don't realise is that there is a far greater number of players that don't interact like that.
You just don't hear about them because they choose to ignore you and the forums that you guys have infected with your behavior.

Read the OP a bit more carefully and you'll realise the issue of improving the standards of interaction on the forums is not up for debate.
It's a matter of shape up, or be shipped out.
The guys that actually want to discuss BF2 (and soon BF3) won't miss you at all.
jord
+2,382|6680|The North, beyond the wall.
Take it down a notch, christ.
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5966|London, England

OH for mod
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
jord
+2,382|6680|The North, beyond the wall.
Kaptyn for admin
(27th)Kaptyn
+14|6515|AUS
Thanks OH.
I was in on the beta for trakr back when it first kicked off.
Pity it didn't last.

Looks like Gibson is having a rest before BF3.
Is that going to be a new site or is it going to be linked in from BF2s?

jord wrote:

Kaptyn for admin
I'd be more than happy to if the proposed behavioural adjustments are carried out.

Last edited by (27th)Kaptyn (2011-07-29 14:12:44)

eleven bravo
+1,399|5261|foggy bottom

jord wrote:

Kaptyn for admin
Tu Stultus Es
Mutantbear

Wouldnt be the first time someone ive never heard of became a mod
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6651|Washington DC

(27th)Kaptyn wrote:

Thanks OH.
I was in on the beta for trakr back when it first kicked off.
Pity it didn't last.

Looks like Gibson is having a rest before BF3.
Is that going to be a new site or is it going to be linked in from BF2s?

jord wrote:

Kaptyn for admin
I'd be more than happy to if the proposed behavioural adjustments are carried out.
Chuy has the doors locked to his lab ... he won't let us peek in. 
(27th)Kaptyn
+14|6515|AUS
Hehe......I imagine he has a big-ass wookie standing outside the door.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5261|foggy bottom
Lol!!!
Tu Stultus Es
Mutantbear

eleven bravo wrote:

Lol!!!
gurdeep
­
+812|4756|proll­y
im like the only person here that even plays bf2
Sturgeon
+488|4942|Flintshire
I play pr once a month
https://bf3s.com/sigs/3dda27c6d0d9b22836605b152b9d214b99507f91.png
ghettoperson
+1,943|6651

(27th)Kaptyn wrote:

Kudo's for the effort OH.
It's pretty obvious that most of the guys that have responded negatively to your comments don't have much of an idea as to the purpose.
This site had a lot more regular posters a few years ago but over time most of the mature ones who actually wanted to discuss BF2 got sick of the constant flaming and abuse and decided to quit posting.
The kids these days (no, I'm not one) seem to think that because the internet allows them to post anonomously the community standards regarding courtesy and general respect of others just don't apply to them. Probably why assaults and other violent personal crimes are on the up because they try to use their internet standards of behaviour in public and receive a swift punch in the face for it.

BF3 is going to be here soon and it's likely to attract a whole bunch of new (and old) members to engage in discussions of this new game.
If prospective new members look into the site in the hope of finding some intelligent discussion they are likely to be disappointed (or disgusted) at the behaviour of some of the current trolls (if it is allowed to continue unabated) and decide not to be involved.

I spent some time moderating the GameArena forums for BF2 here is AUS and it's pretty much devolved into a similar situation with a bunch of hardcore trolls that belittle, abuse and insult other posters at every opportunity. New members cop a deluge of abuse as soon as they attempt to offer their opinion on something and they just don't hang around. I tried to convince our senior admins that an improvement in standards (such as you are proposing) was in order but was told to just let it slide. I decided to quit rather than be considered responsible for allowing the garbage that was being posted to be the standard for the site. It has only gone downhill further since then.
I was fully aware from numerous comments from players on the BF2 servers and via personal messages that (despite the seemingly unending raft of abuse that was posted by some members) there was a far greater number of people wanting to engage in earnest and somewhat polite discussion regarding the game and other issues but chose not to due to a small number of members who continually posted abusive or insulting comments.
It seems that a large number of chat rooms and forums tend to be derailed by negative behaviour. I for one am glad to see that you are trying to take a stand against it on your site.

I think a general clean-up of the behaviour standards for some of the more abusive members on BF2s would go a long way towards making this site a popular choice for people wanting to get on board and offer their opinions on every aspect of BF3.
BF2s is still pretty much the premier site in the world (good onya Jeff) for tracking BF2 stats. When BF3 kicks off there will be a huge number of players wanting to track their new BF3 stats and a better standard of behaviour on the forums may encourage them to get on and have a bit of a chat about them while they are looking up all the flash new badges, medals and unlocks that they will be racking up.

Start slapping some perma-bans on the more abusive members (and mods if necessary) and you're likely to see a rapid increase in new members as well as old ones that have decided to rejoin and express their opinions.

I'm sorry, who the fuck are you?
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6715|Purplicious Wisconsin
Some Aussie that hasn't pissed me off, yet.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6502|so randum
because you havnt sent him any pms to reply to amirite
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
War Man

FatherTed wrote:

because you havnt sent him any pms to reply to amirite
No, you are wrong.

Last edited by War Man (2011-07-29 15:14:32)

gurdeep
­
+812|4756|proll­y
yeah ted
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6502|so randum
):
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6465|cuntshitlake

Kaptyn sounds like a girly name, you should try
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
War Man

DUnlimited wrote:

Kaptyn sounds like a girly name, you should try
You're funny.........
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6150|'straya

War Man wrote:

War man you didn't reply to my pm!
gurdeep
­
+812|4756|proll­y

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

War Man wrote:

War man you didn't reply to my pm!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard